THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, Robse said:

Take a look at the picture below (stolen from a FB posting)  Is what you see (except the tools) really worth $4000?   I think not.  but they are sold anyway

Remember the Begode Hero, and no, they were NOT "sold anyway".

You may or may not purchase a Lynx, but many will.

The reason is because people don't buy a wheel based on a pictures of the parts spread out after a teardown. Pretty sure you are missing many important factors with your valuation approach.

People would ride it and compare it to other wheels.

The Lynx is a standout wheel, and it is good to ride out-of-the-box. Albeit, there is an issue with batch 1 regarding the wheel bearings, currently. But it will be addressed in a later batch.

4 hours ago, Robse said:

simply to present a picture that shows a little about what a wheel actually consists of when taken apart, and in addition, based on the exposed hardware, assess what it is probably worth.

Weak premise by itself. This analogy doesn't work for electronics, and things of this nature where one can't really "see" what is inside, and thus "evaluate" the value. For example, looking at an SD Card, doesn't tell you the worth of the software on it.

4 hours ago, Robse said:

Which is precisely quite impossible because you cannot appreciate the use value for the individual, and therefore I think it is not worth discussing whether a wheel is too expensive or cheap or what it is worth in general.   

I disagree. Most people do compare the value of one type of PEV to another. Incidentally, that was primarily how I got into euc's.

At the time, euc's gave me the best bang for the buck. I had no idea whether I could ever ride it, nor whether it was OK to ride on bike paths, or streets.

Nowadays, some of the lower quality electric motorcycles are looking rather attractive, pricing-wise.

But I will say euc's is still the way to go for me.

4 hours ago, Robse said:

I generally think that the price level is not reflected in a corresponding quality / quality control. Most people are well aware by now that version 1.0 wheels, as a general rule, must either be; repaired or modified, or completely replaced... before they function as desired.  And there are absolutely no exceptions in terms of manufacturers.

Now you are changing the context to include early batch issues. However, you are not taking into account of the fact euc's is a niche market. To keep pricing low, they can't source from top tier vendors. So there will be a teething period. To me, it is understandable. What I don't understand is why would people who don't want to deal with early batch issues buy batch 1 wheels. I suppose addiction cause people to do crazy things.

By now, you would think that people already know not to buy batch 1 wheels, since it is not for those who can't handle the stress and hassles of early batch issues, nor have ability, facility, and patience to deal with the issues. I am not one of those pioneers. I rather wait and wait until I feel comfortable about a product before I pull the trigger.

If you can't take the heat, don't go into a furnace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

A quick unbox and first little roll.

Just watching this now on the 65" tv. How is the tire on that 2nd batch? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Robse said:

Is what you see (except the tools) really worth $4000?   I think not.  but they are sold anyway

Doesn't this suggest that the buyers "determine" the price, simply by their willingness to pay (or not pay)? I do think that's pretty much how it works, and, secondarily, the lower limit for the price is determined, over the long haul, by production and selling costs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

Just watching this now on the 65" tv. How is the tire on that 2nd batch? 

thanks for giving it a watch. 

I found the tyre pretty good so far, it surprised me a few times hanging on in the slushy mud. On the street it is nice and easy to flick, nice rounded feel no square edges.

i like it

Edited by Forwardnbak
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I found the tyre pretty good so far, it surprised me a few times hanging on in the slushy mud. On the street it is nice and easy to flick, nice rounded feel no square edges

How is stability at speeds on pavement? Have you gone over 50 km/h? 

Based on a few of the video's comments, turns out I am not crazy or spreading misinformation... but hopefully I'm wrong about the price tag. Hopefully Begode sees this video and decide "nobody is willing to buy it at that price." If they offer modular affordable upgrades on this same model for 5 years, then we'll talk. But not if they release its successor 5 minutes later :( 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Based on a few of the video's comments, turns out I am not crazy or spreading misinformation...

Or click-bait?

In summary:

Begode Super Master-Pro

168 V, 6k Wh battery capacity

$8500 USD MSRP

I don't find anything out of the ordinary for such a machine, except for the price.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that sooner or later, the Master Pro will be updated with a 168 V motor drive system.

Increasing battery capacity is also reasonable.

Unless Begode decided to release a high end, super premium wheel?

That I got to see.

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

How is stability at speeds on pavement? Have you gone over 50 km/h? 

yea it feels great up to 70 so far, the profile feels so nice after the square V13. I find it pretty stable for a small wheel. Tyre feels good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Three weeks with my first EUC and I joined in with the SAESK8 crew group ride on Friday night from Tonsley to Glenelg in South Australia. Coincidentally we were representing InMotion en-masse!

The GoPro mounted on the handle of my V8 gets knocked about a bit too much for my liking, I’ll stick it on my chest or helmet next time, or maybe my ankle  

Edited by Boof and Bloke
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Hopefully Begode sees this video and decide "nobody is willing to buy it at that price."

It's meant for people who don't think about money and want some max specs because that's what they want. If it turns out there is too few of these, Begode will adjust the price.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Heya, I will make a full vid asap.

Can I ask opinion on the dip/cut out at the end of this clip? 

I have replayed it and cant rule out user error/new wheel experience. Suspension not dialled in, pad placement. I am biased but it felt ok on all the hops I made my position felt ok, it just dipped unexpectedly. 

But it kept happening on small jumps, I have made all these hops fine on V11/V13

the speed bump hurt, smashed my cam and did some gear wheel damage.

Confidence a little shot I did it a few times to make sure.  

It felt similar to a dip i had on the extreme once. 

As far as I know this is a one off, but wanted to show incase.

Maybe FW?

sucks a bit cam costs a bit :/ 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

10 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It looks rough and definitely not your fault. That suker is dipping every time.

yea i sent footage to IM i think engineers are looking at it.

Damn took the fun out a little, I kept trying to make sure I was feeling such extreme dip.

Then tried one speed bump and smashed my rig. Tough on a new wheel, been waiting a while for jump fun and day 2 wheels scratched up again :/

That hit hurt but rode away and still riding. 

33 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

yea i sent footage to IM i think engineers are looking at it.

Damn took the fun out a little, I kept trying to make sure I was feeling such extreme dip.

Then tried one speed bump and smashed my rig. Tough on a new wheel, been waiting a while for jump fun and day 2 wheels scratched up again :/

That hit hurt but rode away and still riding. 

That sucks!, sorry for your gear.  To me it doesnt look like overlean or user error.  A minor jump and bang.  Makes no sense.    Same shit as "General failure reading drive a, Abort, Retry  ignore?   Wasn't this wheel supposed to be a trail and fun wheel?

• Like 1

@Forwardnbak Damn! That dip is brutal. It doesn’t even look like you were pushing it that much. Everything else looked great. Nice jumps and balancing. You seem to acclimate to the new wheel quickly. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 4:39 PM, techyiam said:

For example, looking at an SD Card, doesn't tell you the worth of the software on it.

You give it's value by how big the capacity of SD card is. :D People don't even look at software.

I disagree. Most people do compare the value of one type of PEV to another. Incidentally, that was primarily how I got into euc's.

At the time, euc's gave me the best bang for the buck. I had no idea whether I could ever ride it, nor whether it was OK to ride on bike paths, or streets.

If we look at prices, then some cheap under 1000$ scooter is the way to go. As for euc you can't get anything decent under 1000$ (also add all the gear cost. It around can be low as 200$ up to 1000$.) EUC isn't cheap PEV in any way. Only thing it has going for it is no moving parts that can break and things like that.

What I don't understand is why would people who don't want to deal with early batch issues buy batch 1 wheels. I suppose addiction cause people to do crazy things.

By now, you would think that people already know not to buy batch 1 wheels, since it is not for those who can't handle the stress and hassles of early batch issues, nor have ability, facility, and patience to deal with the issues. I am not one of those pioneers. I rather wait and wait until I feel comfortable about a product before I pull the trigger.

When ever my ideal wheel will be released. I will wait at least for 3rd or 4th batch. Or give it one year at least, before buying. :) 

Most newcomers don't know about this issue. I for sure didn't, when i bought my wheel.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1