THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I'm not surprised. You have a 7 year old 16S for 1350 dollars. Same price (or more) as 7 years ago but nothing has changed on the wheel itself. Every year it has been worse and worse option compared to the latest models. Same story for V8, V10 and others. They keep the price but become comparatively worse. It might be a mistake to conclude there's no market for smaller and slower wheels if there are no modern options to choose from. This category keeps making sense as alternative to e-bikes (max. 250W and 25 km/h, at least in EU regulation). They keep churning new models of e-bikes for this category and they keep selling well. If they only put out new models of e-bikes in the illegal (or requiring to be registered as a moped) category, people would possibly buy them instead.

I personally don't even look at price.. Be 800$ or 1500$ it makes almost no difference. (At least to me.) Because i'm gonna be using that wheel for next 3-5 or even more years. And that 800$ or 1500$ can be made back in month time..

Ofc there isn't a market for smaller wheels - because nothing is being made in that category. You can't sell, that which isn't been made. And as you rightfully said: people don't want an 7 years old wheel. Most people would add 650$ and buy KS-S16 at 2000$. Only people who would still buy an old model, are those who REALLY want a light wheel. Wheels under 25kg, 20kg weight specific.

When i was  buying my first wheel. I saw many wheels in store. I also knew how fast they can go each and their weights. Even V11 is HUGE compared to my 18XL. You can fit 2x ks16s inside V11 frame.. Let alone Sherman Max and wheels that have 3600Wh batteries. 

If i had bought Sherman Max - i literally could charge it once per MONTH. :D (Because i don't need the long range it has and the top speed it offers..) I'm happy with my 1554Wh and could be even more happier with 840Wh battery.

17 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I love that wheels are fast enough to really be a practical alternative to cars in many if not most scenarios.

For the majority of trips in densely populated regions that I am aware of, top speed is not even a relevant factor for being competitive with cars.

8 minutes ago, Mono said:

For the majority of trips in densely populated regions that I am aware of, top speed is not even a relevant factor for being competitive with cars.

Yea I know what you mean as far as cities go.  But outside the beltways where there are 4-lane roads, there's a need for speed.  So I've ordered the new EB GT Pro due in February.  Till then I'm stuck with a Master (often do 51 mph with it).  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Yea I know what you mean as far as cities go.  But outside the beltways where there are 4-lane roads, there's a need for speed.  So I've ordered the new EB GT Pro due in February.  Till then I'm stuck with a Master (often do 51 mph with it).  

See this guy.. I will never be this guy.. I see very safe and wonderful sidewalk right next to that street. I love me some sidewalks. Streets are lava and dangerous! :D Good thing all streets around my area has great sidewalk right next to them. :) Slow ride around town no hurry in mind at all, going left and right like skiing. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Funky said:

See this guy.. I will never be this guy.. I see very safe and wonderful sidewalk right next to that street. I love me some sidewalks. Streets are lava and dangerous! :D Good thing all streets around my area has great sidewalk right next to them. :) Slow ride around town no hurry in mind at all, going left and right like skiing. 

LMAO, so I guess you'd rather run over pedestrians than play tag with cars and busses?  My V11 is good enough for the big city, but for my commute it's pathetic.  

Edited by Elliott Reitz

1 hour ago, Elliott Reitz said:

LMAO, so I guess you'd rather run over pedestrians than play tag with cars and busses?  My V11 is good enough for the big city, but for my commute it's pathetic.  

God i would hate to ride in that busy streets.. Also what pedestrians? Got to love ghost towns. Even in city center my way almost never gets blocked. And people are few and far apart. That's the beauty of small cities. You don't need more than 1000Wh to explore everything, even outskirts of city. You can ride from one end to other end of city in less than 10 min. "At slow speeds"

For reference i charge my wheel once every second week, if i'm only commuting. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's too much traffic for me. Generally I will go on the road if it is safer / quieter / less congested than the pavement as is sometimes the case, or to avoid some horrendous cambers and potholes etc etc. Most of the time, however, pavements and cycles paths are mainly empty, so I end up on those 80% of the time, and feel happiest there, away from all the big metal boxes variously driven by a wide range of idiots...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah, that's too much traffic for me. Generally I will go on the road if it is safer / quieter / less congested than the pavement as is sometimes the case, or to avoid some horrendous cambers and potholes etc etc. Most of the time, however, pavements and cycles paths are mainly empty, so I end up on those 80% of the time, and feel happiest there, away from all the big metal boxes variously driven by a wide range of idiots...

I didn't road ride till my 2nd summer when I got an MSX-100V.  And of course I had a couple scary events on my early road rides.  Once almost got bounced (pre suspension days) and another time a pickup pulling a wider trailer passed without enough room (did a pedal scrape on the curb and managed to save it).

1 hour ago, Funky said:

God i would hate to ride in that busy streets.. Also what pedestrians? Got to love ghost towns. Even in city center my way almost never gets blocked. And people are few and far apart. That's the beauty of small cities. You don't need more than 1000Wh to explore everything, even outskirts of city. You can ride from one end to other end of city in less than 10 min. "At slow speeds"

For reference i charge my wheel once every second week, if i'm only commuting. :D 

LOL, I saw a bunch of pedestrians in the park tonight.  They were some sort of officials taking a picture of the sign.  Anyway, they like my dogs.  

The ground was wetter than I expected tonight or I would have taken the bigger S22 tonight. Still had fun soing the puddle splash with the Extreme.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

This was already posted, but I thought it should be here as well. I like Kevin’s altitude.

Thanks, i had missed it. It's nice to see a professional at work.(very little use of the cordless drill) He has great attention to detail and is very methodical with his work which i feel should be paramount when dealing with a 1 wheel device. If someone where to ask which mechanic would you trust to work on your wheel? An aircraft mechanic or junk yard mechanic. I would choose the aircraft mechanic. Meaning not all mechanics are created equal. For reference my father (the aircraft mechanic) owned a junk salvage yard. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

I look forward to your thoughts on the Lynx when you are riding the high speeds.

I didn't order the Lynx.  

I odered the Extreme Bull GT PRO, 3,000Wh Battery/4,000W Motor (8KW Peak) - ewheels.com

It has free-spin of 125 mph and power enough to ride 70 mph.  With that I can safely ride to work!  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I didn't order the Lynx.  

I odered the Extreme Bull GT PRO, 3,000Wh Battery/4,000W Motor (8KW Peak) - ewheels.com

It has free-spin of 125 mph and power enough to ride 70 mph.  With that I can safely ride to work!  

Sorry, I meant the GT Pro.

Go big or go home.

That's the wheel even you would have plenty of headroom.

Just don't pass the Hwy Patrol on your way to work. :) 

Just now, techyiam said:

Sorry, I meant the GT Pro.

Go big or go home.

That's the wheel even you would have plenty of headroom.

Just don't pass the Hwy Patrol on your way to work. :) 

I've passed them lots of times going 45 in a 30 zone (with the flow of traffic).  :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I've passed them lots of times going 45 in a 30 zone (with the flow of traffic).  :D

OK, the cops in your area are way more lenient. That's fifteen mph over.

I guess there is a market for fast wheels in the US.

• Like 1

funny how after changing the suspension, the motor, the tire and moving the pedals lower and forward can make the wheel u absolutely hated out of the box, and now i love it so much i have a factory king song pro otw. 

after i did the overhaul on this first batch, or barely rideable batch, and the ease of working on this wheel, and watching kevin work on the lynx, no, not now, i don't have the vision or workshop to handle all those screws. plus i'm taking 1500mg of thc daily. makes me crosseyed, but also allows me to urinate, which is a big deal.

being able to lower the pedals and move them forward and now knowing the michelin pilot street 2 80/90-14 fits perfectly tubeless,. and idk about the lynx, is huge.

notice how my feet are positioned on the pedals.perfect. wish the v13's wouldn't cost $600 for hou ning ning to make me new hangers.

the handling and the quietness of the michelin is nice.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, novazeus said:

being able to lower the pedals and move them forward and now knowing the michelin pilot street 2 80/90-14 fits perfectly tubeless,. and idk about the lynx, is huge.

It is hard to believe, but the S22 does indeed transform.

I haven't move the pedal forward, but I have tilted the pedal forward by a few degrees. And this makes the S22 a little bit more responsive.

Also, I am still on stock tires, and pads.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Also, I am still on stock tires, and pads.

i removed the hard red plastic from the stock pads, the upper ones, i don't use pads for driving but the battery case was creating a callous on my left leg. and i don't like thick wheels, and btw, the s22 is 8" just like the v13's except the v13's taper to 5.25 inches at the top. so if they'll stick, i think i found a spot where i like them. i used my sawzall to trim off some of the excess off the rear. 

thinking about going matte black all around on my diy s22 pro. 

when this new one gets here, i'll make sure it balances, then it goes on the bench for a tire change and any other fixes i wanna do that i've leaned from the first one.

parts availability, informational videos, ease of maintenance, all important factors when ur off grid diy for everything. except amazon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

removed the hard red plastic from the stock pads, the upper ones,

I removed the red plastic trim too. It got in the way of the pad positioning.

However, after trying a numbers of pad positions, I found that the top and bottom pads do help. I don't use the front pads for power most of the time, but it does serve as a stop. The rear pads are similar. I don't really push on them, but rather it provides me support preventing me from falling backwards.

the s22 is 8" just like the v13's except the v13's taper to 5.25 inches at the top

That makes all the difference. The max width of the S22 is all the way up to the top of the pads. That is too high for that uncomfortably wide.

However, over time, the I got used to the width.

when this new one gets here, i'll make sure it balances, then it goes on the bench for a tire change and any other fixes i wanna do that i've leaned from the first one.

It will be interesting to hear from you whether you prefer one over the other.

Actually, I kind of curious as to how my S22 compare to a Patton now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, techyiam said:

Actually, I kind of curious as to how my S22 compare to a Patton now. 

haha, me too! so tempted to buy a patton from jason because he has a great price on 50s pattons, but i've been doing alot of pasture riding lately building my training facility, and using the s22 and v13 back to back, and for where i ride, here, i don't want to go smaller than the 80/90 -14 michelin tire. 

• Like 1