THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

here's the 70lb lynx front handle pov.

stock settings.

me at 187 pound riding weight. 167 naked.

no pre-load, dampner or whatever the other thing is.

Edited by novazeus

u know, the internet never dies!

attorneys are good at ferreting out stuff to make their case. 

it's all good, until it isnt.

i like to stay far away from hoomans!

just sayin'.

we all know if we post something, "insane crash" or "high speed crash", that will get a lot of views.

going to dunkin donuts for coffee, not so much.

i hate seeing wheels banned because of click bait. as soon as some innocent gets killed by a wheel rider doing 30mph, they'll be banned everywhere, except offroad, and that's what i think the wheel manufacturers think too. 

all wheels from a lynx down to a 9bs1 classified as wheels. i hope not but lots of evidence to the contrary on youtube.

i could argue all wheels are the same because of the rider's lack of control/retention. humans get killed by golf carts, but golf carts aren't new.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Lol heavily modified and barely breaks the top speed of the 16x which was considered fast when it was released, 4 years ago

And you wanna say 30mph isn't fast? You do remember that we are riding one wheeled small devices? :D 

@Ronin Ryder

In your opinion, based on your riding experience, how would you rank the following wheels for the ease of cruising at close to 50 mph in terms of the effort required, like the effort a rider needs to put in, to get to, and maintain 50 mph, and the feeling of being secure and planted: Commander Pro, Lynx, Commander Pro 50S, and the ET Max?

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

this one is better i think.

yes this a great video representing the suspension of the 70lb lynx.

very impressive!

my camera mount.

just velcroed.

and btw, just rode both 66 and 70 back to back, all screws counterclockwise and no preload and honestly i probably couldn’t tell a difference.

53D858A7-8AEA-430F-9E0D-A3B54A063442.jpeg

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

damn good entertainment, I wonder what will happen next? Jurassic park or Jumanji on wheels? :roflmao:

Edited by Robse
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Robse said:

damn good entertainment

I know ! Sometimes I enjoy their rides / adventures as much as, or even more than my own ! Glad they make videos as often as they do, and great to have them to watch when I am rained off...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

Great video review, but I remain utterly perplexed by the product ! I really don't understand why we need it ! If we get a 'fast flat' / or rip whilst out riding we are likely to be going down, before we have had a chance to register a warning beep (and identified which of the various beeping machines connected to us has made it!), if it's a slow flat we are aware of it as soon as the pressure begins to drop because the feel of the wheel changes completely. And If we get a flat whilst not riding, it is immediately evident just by looking and more so by rolling it to the back door ! Furthermore we can check our tyre is inflated at any time we are stopped by simply reaching down and squeezing it slightly, as I do before each ride !

And once a tyre is filled with air we are not expecting that pressure to change at all unless we have a leak, so I don't really understand why we need to constantly monitor it ! It's clearly a very nice implementation, but for a problem I honestly don't think we needed solving ! Would be interesting to know how many they sell, and why people feel the need for them...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Great video review, but I remain utterly perplexed by the product ! I really don't understand why we need it ! If we get a 'fast flat' / or rip whilst out riding we are likely to be going down, before we have had a chance to register a warning beep (and identified which of the various beeping machines connected to us has made it!), if it's a slow flat we are aware of it as soon as the pressure begins to drop because the feel of the wheel changes completely. And If we get a flat whilst not riding, it is immediately evident just by looking and more so by rolling it to the back door ! Furthermore we can check our tyre is inflated at any time we are stopped by simply reaching down and squeezing it slightly, as I do before each ride !

And once a tyre is filled with air we are not expecting that pressure to change at all unless we have a leak, so I don't really understand why we need to constantly monitor it ! It's clearly a very nice implementation, but for a problem I honestly don't think we needed solving ! Would be interesting to know how many they sell, and why people feel the need for them...

It’s just a quick check monitor like on my motorbike or car, it gives you a little more accurate info than looking down and squeeze test. 
I don’t think the alarms will work real time if you have an incident.

I use it to look before I roll and top up if needed.

Much the same as the squeeze and roll test just a little more futuristic :) 

I thought it super easy to add and not bulky at all and just gives me more info. 

10 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

Much the same as the squeeze and roll test just a little more futuristic :) 

It can be more than that, depending on your situation.

For an euc with a bicycle tire, or a non-leaky inner tube, then most probably, such a monitor would be less useful.

But for a patched inner tube in a very stiff tubeless tire, the tire pressure monitor can become invaluable.

Case in point. I have a V12 shod with a super stiff tubeless tire. As it turns out, once the tire is mounted, my V12 can be trolley (I walked over 10 kilometres with my V12) with tire pressure of zero psi. Yup, zero. When the tire started to leak, the squeeze test gave me a false positive. The tire is so stiff, I thought the tire was not leaking.

I have patched my inner tube many, many times. I would test it for leaks by submerging the tube under water. And I even inflate the inner tube outside and inside a mounted tire and wait for a day or more and recheck pressure. And the tests would show no leaks. Unfortunately, while riding, a leak can develop in the patch, and the really stiff tire would seemed OK when pinched, until it is really flat.

The only sure way was to check the tire pressure with a tire gauge.

The moral of my story though, is to not cheap out on a new inner tube, and try to patch an inner tube with a pinched flat slit, or other large punctures. :) 

• Like 1

i should call these suspension comparison videos "velcroed".

the v13 grunts and groans and sounds like an old jalopy, but gets the job done very smoothly.

• Like 1