THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, Kmil said:

First time jumper, seems like a little backward dip? Normal?? Compared to friend's Extreme landing. Maybe it's technique related :lol::confused1:

On latest firmwares, and yes, it beeps to acknowledge every jumps.

( Jz updated to 2nd firmwares update yesterday, to the latest :

Driver Board: V5.6.60

HMIC Board:  V3.0.40

)

21 hours ago, sbb said:

I have followed this channel over the years and think his conclusions are fair but misleading. The studies he cited claimed that pads did not reduce the incidence of fracture, which is credible if they are not rated high enough to meet the minimum impact requirements to prevent them (9kJ for CE-2 vs 18kJ minimum). However, doesn't 9kJ count for something? Would the fractures have been more severe? If you wear two CE-2 pads, will that suffice to reduce the risk of fracture significantly?

Edited by litewave

1 hour ago, litewave said:

What's the total distance per lap around the ranch?

this ride was 7.65 miles but lots of backtracking. i don’t have a cleared loop yet.

70E6B544-C54D-431E-B423-29A62FD5DC6C.thumb.png.9f31ca9a90ed6228c13c621a6baa833e.png

me and wheels have come a long ways since 2017 and my first wheel, the king song 18s that i was told not to buy as a first wheel and also told there was no way to ride it in my pastures.

23 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Dude - you gotta stop using copyrighted music if you want these videos to stay ! :) That was another one I couldn't see !

certain countries block them.

i'm playing with studio muting sections to allow viewing in countries that don't allow it. 

i plan on doing all my wheels on the same path, without any music playing in the background. that way u can hear the motors and suspensions working. 

lately it's been windy and hopefully they'll be some calmer mornings and afternoons to get some good wheel audio.

i'm no expert rider and i'm almost 70. u can tell by my driving which wheel drives the easiest.

On 4/3/2024 at 12:25 AM, litewave said:

I have followed this channel over the years and think his conclusions are fair but misleading. The studies he cited claimed that pads did not reduce the incidence of fracture, which is credible if they are not rated high enough to meet the minimum impact requirements to prevent them (9kJ for CE-2 vs 18kJ minimum). However, doesn't 9kJ count for something? Would the fractures have been more severe? If you wear two CE-2 pads, will that suffice to reduce the risk of fracture significantly?

Yeah I thought that a bit. His conclusions might be valid, but what he does with that information - remove the pads from his gear didn't strike me as the brightest idea in the world regardless. The pads might not do quite as much as we previously thought, but they invariably do something, which is a lot better than nothing ! Surely any layer between your joints and the road is a good thing, no ? I was surprised that he considered them enough of a hinderance to free movement enough to remove them altogether. He obviously has a lot of confidence in his other gear to save him instead.

I continue to insert my L2 hip and tailbone pads every day I ride - the rear one remains my only specific protection there for falling off backwards, and the hip ones have already saved those areas from a good few bangs if I ever go past stuff a bit close and bit of wall is sticking out a bit far...

So, whilst they may not offer much in the way of protection from fractures and breaks, they certainly do protect from bruising, scraping, road-rash and the rest of it, and I certainly won't be giving that up for a tiny increase in freedom of movement ! :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

So, whilst they may not offer much in the way of protection from fractures and breaks, they certainly do protect from bruising, scraping, road-rash and the rest of it, and I certainly won't be giving that up for a tiny increase in freedom of movement ! :)

Same here. My pads have saved me so much skin and bruises.
I still managed to break some ribs but that was really my fault for going too hard. :wacko:
I suppose I could be really safe and wrap myself up in cotton wool and stay at home couch surfing!  But that's not me.

I'll be out there falling off again and again (slow learner!) trying those steep trails and jumps :D

• Like 1

Trees

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.