THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

very good jump :) 

here it is 3 o clock.. simply cant go to bed

Thanks! I’m on the lookout for something a bit bigger to jump . With a sharper peak to it to get more air . We are staying at a hotel until our power lines get fixed . So I completely understand not being able to sleep . 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Just a little jumping practice this afternoon . 

Great Air Scott! Would love to see some gear buddy. 

40976064052_5910141a49_b.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Ron's well on his way to getting EUC's banned in Miami (Watch out @Jason McNeil ,  you'll have to move.

shhh! are u trying to move into my most hated person on this forum because i’m trying to make members understand that all of this is great ammunition for city councilmen, county commissioners and other legislators to ban euc’s everywhere. 

nobody seems to understand, i don’t give a rat’s ass one way or another, i’ll still be riding mine on my private property. if people only care about their selfish interests, euc’s will follow the same path as skateboards, only euc’s are waay more dangerous.

41 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Great Air Scott! Would love to see some gear buddy. 

40976064052_5910141a49_b.jpg

Nice ! I’ve got knee and elbow pads on. (Just under my pants and jacket ) they are a nice low profile design with pretty decent  protection . As for the helmet ....it’s in my pack pack just behind me there at the trail head . ??‍♂️

• Like 2

I only have one point to throw in to the talk about riding EUC’s in crowded environment.   Gotway’s don’t seem to have the auto shutdown nailed down like King Song does.  Losing control of a larger Gotway in a crowd would be a disaster for the pedestrians who are not protected nor expecting the wheel to go ape shit.  

I for one wasn’t expecting the crazy behavior of the Gotway when it falls.  

I’m sure @Marty Backe is very careful when riding around in a crowd of pedestrians but sometimes shit happens.  

I’m not attacking Gotway, I’m just stating the facts about its behavior when your drop or lose control of the wheel.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

I only have one point to throw in to the talk about riding EUC’s in crowded environment.   Gotway’s don’t seem to have the auto shutdown nailed down like King Song does.  Losing control of a larger Gotway in a crowd would be a disaster for the pedestrians who are not protected nor expecting the wheel to go ape shit.  

I for one wasn’t expecting the crazy behavior of the Gotway when it falls.  

I’m sure @Marty Backe is very careful when riding around in a crowd of pedestrians but sometimes shit happens.  

I’m not attacking Gotway, I’m just stating the facts about its behavior when your drop or lose control of the wheel.  

You are absolutely correct. But please be aware that as of the Tesla, all of the shipping Gotway wheels have the newer shutdown algorithm like the KingSong's. Your excellent demo of the crappy MSuper fall-over characteristics could not be made with the Tesla or my new ACM2. Slow progress, but progress.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Gotway’s don’t seem to have the auto shutdown nailed down like King Song does.

For sure. My Luffy would kick like a mule and bounce around all over the place when I fell learning how to ride a EUC. Always a race to see whether I could get far enough away from the wheel after I fell before it bit me on the shins. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shad0z said:

in the "respect the beep video"

i dont believe he didnt hear the sound.. i have driven next to a highway with wind noise and heard it..

he is just willing to say truth and that is that he tried to go very fast and risking it too much...

and the way he explains it "but for some reason" is a phrase commonly used when lying 

too many assumptions i know.. but i dont believe he didnt hear the beep...

I actually believe that he couldn't hear it. When I was cruising at 25-mph on my Tesla, wearing my full-face helmet, I could not hear the wheel beeping at me. Since that episode of mine I have configure the vibration alarms on my Pebble watch so that I no longer depend on hearing the beeps. I forwarded my Pebble info to him.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You are absolutely correct. But please be aware that as of the Tesla, all of the shipping Gotway wheels have the newer shutdown algorithm like the KingSong's. Your excellent demo of the crappy MSuper fall-over characteristics could not be made with the Tesla or my new ACM2. Slow progress, but progress.

Good to know that gotway is catching up on the safety features.  They should really take it more seriously.  

After the last group ride and testing the Tesla, it made me really want it.  I think the 16” is the perfect wheel size.  It seems the 18” is less manuverable enough to make it more of a cruiser for longer rides.  But I still can’t get over the bad shell construction and the possibility of something else being poorly designed.  I will wait a little longer until I get the 18L to see if it can replace my 16.  By that time the Tesla bugs should all be ironed out.  If there is anymore and will see if the 18L is like the other two 18’s I have.  I really like the 16” for short trips.  But not willing to give up my seat for longer rides.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I actually believe that he couldn't hear it. When I was cruising at 25-mph on my Tesla, wearing my full-face helmet, I could not hear the wheel beeping at me. Since that episode of mine I have configure the vibration alarms on my Pebble watch so that I no longer depend on hearing the beeps. I forwarded my Pebble info to him.

I concur that he probably didn’t hear it with the full face helmet and the wind noise that goes along with going 37mph. But I really think for these daredevils, even the pebble will not work for them.  If you think about it, when you get the 80% beep, they may be going too fast and demanding too much of the wheel and cut out is just a split second away.  Maybe even less than the time it takes for them to hear all three beeps. That is why I think the wheel should not be allowed to do things that it cannot reliably do.  Where you think it is freedom, I see it as careless on the manufactures part.  Someone will always push the boundaries of you let them.  Someone will get killed eventually and ruin it for all of us.  

I’m not talking about people like you @Marty Backe who buy a wheel capable of going 30, but only ever go 25.  I’m talking about these guys like Ron, who get on a Tesla, get over confident then have a nasty crash.  He is lucky he didn’t get more hurt than he did.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddiemoy said:

Good to know that gotway is catching up on the safety features.  They should really take it more seriously.  

After the last group ride and testing the Tesla, it made me really want it.  I think the 16” is the perfect wheel size.  It seems the 18” is less manuverable enough to make it more of a cruiser for longer rides.  But I still can’t get over the bad shell construction and the possibility of something else being poorly designed.  I will wait a little longer until I get the 18L to see if it can replace my 16.  By that time the Tesla bugs should all be ironed out.  If there is anymore and will see if the 18L is like the other two 18’s I have.  I really like the 16” for short trips.  But not willing to give up my seat for longer rides.  

The 16-inch form factor really is the best general purpose wheel. I think I have almost 400-miles on my Tesla. It's been well behaved for me. I've only dropped it once - I must be getting better at riding :D

The ACM shells are pretty tough and the ACM2 has a really robust axle. Otherwise the ACM has a long heritage as EUCs go, so I think it's a reliable wheel at this point.

Did you eventually find a buyer for the MSuper, or is it sadly collecting dust in the closet  :confused1:

Just now, Marty Backe said:

The 16-inch form factor really is the best general purpose wheel. I think I have almost 400-miles on my Tesla. It's been well behaved for me. I've only dropped it once - I must be getting better at riding :D

The ACM shells are pretty tough and the ACM2 has a really robust axle. Otherwise the ACM has a long heritage as EUCs go, so I think it's a reliable wheel at this point.

Did you eventually find a buyer for the MSuper, or is it sadly collecting dust in the closet  :confused1:

I haven’t found a buyer for the Msuper.  I had a few people interested, some I talked out of buying.  I talked them into buying a King Song LMAO.  The others fell through because they were trying to low ball or trade.  It is sadly collecting dust because I still don’t like riding it much.  For short trips I still use my KS16 and for long trips I always go with my KS18S.  

Like I said, I’ll consider the Tesla when it gets a little more time.  Maybe by the time Tesla v2 comes out. LOL

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 7:14 PM, Marty Backe said:

I actually believe that he couldn't hear it. When I was cruising at 25-mph on my Tesla, wearing my full-face helmet, I could not hear the wheel beeping at me.

Kingsong has nice big speakers for beeps. Part stupidity, part not wanting to get water in the speaker but check out what I did (reflective tape). Got tilt back enabled so I should theoretically be good  

Edited by gr8ps
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

Kingsong has nice big speakers for beeps. Part stupidity, part not wanting to get water in the speaker but check out what I did (reflective tape). Got tilt back enabled so I should theoretically be good  

466BB049-8DF4-4F2E-A2FD-519B0FF1224D.jpeg

I have tilt back set at the highest speed and I ride the unit on tiltback.  Never had an issues even With battery below 50%.  I also have the warning set at the highest also.  So it is beeping away while it is tilting me back.  

4 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

466BB049-8DF4-4F2E-A2FD-519B0FF1224D.jpeg

Actually, does KingSong use the speakers for the beeps or a dedicated piezoelectric beeper? I can't seem to remember on my KS14S.

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Actually, does KingSong use the speakers for the beeps or a dedicated piezoelectric beeper? I can't seem to remember on my KS14S.

Probably the latter. Now that I think about it, I don’t think the beep volume has diminished at all. I guess it would matter if I kept the annoying voice enabled “Please decelerate, overpower!”or some such. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I have tilt back set at the highest speed and I ride the unit on tiltback.  Never had an issues even With battery below 50%.  I also have the warning set at the highest also.  So it is beeping away while it is tilting me back.  

So what you’re saying is............you don’t respect the beep! 

Thanks everyone, I’ll be here all week. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

So what you’re saying is............you don’t respect the beep! 

Thanks everyone, I’ll be here all week. 

What I’m saying is that you don’t have to respect the beep on a King Song, you cannot defeat the tiltback and it will not dump you like a Gotway would.  

Respect the beep is a Gotway issue where they allow you to disable the tiltback and even with the tiltback you can set it too high for when the battery level goes down. It will give you a case of faceplantitis. 

Kingsongs are immune to faceplantitis. 

• Like 1