THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

14 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe the mods can move these "Ron" related posts to The Off-Topic forum so we do not unintentionally emasculate the original intent of this thread.  :whistling:

:thumbup:    :cheers:    :clap3:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

So don't tell me that I have to wear seat belts, where a motorcycle helmet, etc.

This only makes sense to me if we could just let people die when they require long term care and can't afford it. If you are laid up and need hospital care as a result of a lack of proper diligence on your part, society will be picking up the cost for you if you can't afford it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fryman said:

Well, When something bad happens and they outlaw EUC's; that will be infringing on my liberty to own one. 

Yet with that logic we would all be forced to live in padded rooms and never allowed out.

The solution is simple - don't buy a Gotway wheel if safety and pampering is most important to you. Fortunately we have lots of choices in the marketplace. There's something for everyone.

I'm not trying to force KingSong to make faster wheels. Please don't try and force Gotway to make slower wheels. Then we can all be happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

This only makes sense to me if we could just let people die when they require long term care and can't afford it. If you are laid up and need hospital care as a result of a lack of proper diligence on your part, society will be picking up the cost for you if you can't afford it. 

By that logic we should all be forced to live in padded rooms. I just don't accept those arguments. IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yet with that logic we would all be forced to live in padded rooms and never allowed out.

The solution is simple - don't buy a Gotway wheel if safety and pampering is most important to you. Fortunately we have lots of choices in the marketplace. There's something for everyone.

I'm not trying to force KingSong to make faster wheels. Please don't try and force Gotway to make slower wheels. Then we can all be happy.

When a Gotway crash video, or a King Song crash video results in a ban somewhere, it won't be just that brand banned, it will be ALL eucs.  So while the dangers of riding a Gotway at cut out speed do not directly affect owners of other wheels, owners of all wheels will be effected when the ban comes in.  And just for the record, I'm not attacking Gotway in this instance, I'm attacking Mor-Ron's decision to post this video.  Anyone can have a crash, posting it on YouTube is another matter.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

As a lifelong skateboarder, I've never been allowed to ride where I want. Everything I like that's cool gets banned. Smoking, drinking, doing drugs on the bus. The world is a stick in the mud, I can't be bothered by what it wants. 

So true.

15 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

As a lifelong skateboarder, I've never been allowed to ride where I want. Everything I like that's cool gets banned. Smoking, drinking, doing drugs on the bus. The world is a stick in the mud, I can't be bothered by what it wants. 

Please sell your wheel before it gets banned. :)

15 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

What do you mean by that? 

I would think that what he meant was, with your track record, if you keep your wheel they will be banned (not because of you but because stuff you like gets banned).  But if you sell your wheel, they won't be banned, which will be good for the rest of us but not so good for you.  I don't think he was attacking or insulting you. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ombre said:

Not my video, but from our group ride in Scottsdale last Sunday.

We did a lot more off-roading than the video shows and the 14" wheels all did very well. This was an experienced group of riders.

Nice video.  I think I'm liking arid environments more and more.  At 1:46 is a sign, literally, that might one day include EUCs.  Nice trailer at the end, very clever.

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Good news for my area!  Ebikes will become available for rent in Toledo this summer. The city has partnered with the local Metro Parks and major corporations. I cannot see the city ever passing legislation against EUCs once this program takes hold in the community. 

27231050158_41a9fc41e0_b.jpg

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2018/03/28/Metroparks-Awards-Contract-for-Bike-Share.html

Wow... A fleet of e-unicycles - each with it's own spare!

Awesome!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Ah, hate to burst anyone's bubble, but aren't those just regular pedal bikes?  :huh:

https://thegotchagroup.com/bike-share/

22 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Believe so. ?

What? Like physical exercise pedals? So wrong!

Unless, of course, they have an integrated toasted sandwich maker / drinks cooler!!!

• Upvote 1

Rons crash video surely cannot be the first high speed crash video you have seen . The people calling names to him should be disciplined , there is no reason to call people names. And anyone that thinks he did it to sell merch is crazy . IT WAS A ACCIDENT!!!! If you dont think it was do you think anyone would risk a massive hospital bill and life threatening consequence  to his health for the small profit of selling some merch. Anyone that thinks he is able to see the future of how bad a crash is going to be is the mor ron . Does not feel good to be called names , does it? I personally agree with everyone it is very bad for the outlook on eucs but we all learn from mistakes. Cut the guy some slack. Enough said. Cant we all just get along lol

Edited by Steve Persona
  • Like 3