THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@Marty Backe I think you've posted that video before, but it's a goodie.

We razzed you about riding the on-loan KS18 backwards.  ^_^

Edit: Oh nevermind - that was @n2eus's video from a different perspective.

I absolutely did not post this video before, considering that I just finished making it a couple of hours ago. They all blend together after awhile, but I still make them for those who are new to our sport :D

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I like the idea of using a flag to increase passing distance of vehicles on the road. I tried it once to great effect once riding back from the grocery store. Except my makeshift flag was a baguette. :huh:

Yeah, and by the end of the ride you had munched on the baguette so much that it was only a quarter the size of when you started :o

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Yeah, and by the end of the ride you had munched on the baguette so much that it was only a quarter the size of when you started :o

Nah. Had to wait till I could add a load of butter at home! :P

Some bastard did hit the end of it with their mirror though. I think it was deliberate. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Moltimondi said:

Recco, Italy group ride. It was a nice sunny day, we started from Recco in the italian region of Liguria where you can taste the best focaccia ever, we climbed a mountain and ended up in Genova and after lunch we went back to Recco. It was a total of 65 kilometers of pure fun

Great video. That was funny at the end when they came to the stairs and the guy with the Monster decided,  forget that I’m taking the elevator.

Edited by fryman
Added text
  • Upvote 1

I've had the exact thing happen to me, and the dog chased me for quite a distance.   Now I slowly pass them and be sure to make eye contact with their owner to let them know I'm passing by.  Usually owners will grab their collars or have them sit while I pass.  I don't know if it's the speed thing or surprising them, but they instinctively want to give chase.  :rolleyes:  I remember your other video with the little dog chasing as you were making the climb to Griffith Park.

But tell us the truth - was there any temptation to swing the selfie-stick to the side and go "Whack!?" That would have created a neat camera rotating pan effect... :whistling:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I've had the exact thing happen to me, and the dog chased me for quite a distance.   Now I slowly pass them and be sure to make eye contact with their owner to let them know I'm passing by.  Usually owners will grab their collars or have them sit while I pass.  I don't know if it's the speed thing or surprising them, but they instinctively want to give chase.  :rolleyes:  I remember your other video with the little dog chasing as you were making the climb to Griffith Park.

But tell us the truth - was there any temptation to swing the selfie-stick to the side and go "Whack!?" That would have created a neat camera rotating pan effect... :whistling:

I think it's the combination of "WHEEL!!!", "FAST!!!" and the high pitched whine that is probably almost deafening to a dog... :roflmao:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Everything happens way to fast to do anything but focus on riding the wheel without crashing. That other dog was much bigger than this guy.

• Like 1

On 8.4.2018 at 11:28 AM, Moltimondi said:

Recco, Italy group ride.

Fantastic video, and tour! How warm/cold was it?

Though the lack of wrist guards, knee guards; and people with hands in their pockets during that mountain ride - scary to watch. That girl with the bare knees:blink:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I like the idea of using a flag to increase passing distance of vehicles on the road. I tried it once to great effect once riding back from the grocery store. Except my makeshift flag was a baguette. :huh:

There's only one true solution to that problem, and it's riding in the middle of the lane. People can't overtake you dangerously close if they can't overtake you at all. No mercy:efee47c9c8: Sometimes only that works. You can always slow down and go to the side and let them overtake, but then you control when, and their speed is lower.

(Remembering when one asshole hit my bike handle with his rear view mirror one time, miraculously I didn't fall.)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Fantastic video, and tour! How warm/cold was it?

Though the lack of wrist guards, knee guards; and people with hands in their pockets during that mountain ride - scary to watch. That girl with the bare knees:blink:

It was a fun ride for sure.. temperature excursion was pretty significant from sea level to the mountain, kind of like going from summer to winter. In terms of safety guards, personally I always wear helmet and knees pad as minimum. The girl with bare knees lives in Italy but she is originally from Moscow, maybe that explains her being so accustomed to low temperatures :blink1:

• Upvote 1