2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Many times when I pass a group of skateboarding aged kids (teenagers plus), based on their reactions and expletives :), they think the EUC is the coolest thing ever.  So I don't know about this "feeling silly" part. Might be a Californian thing.

Well here in the "east coast cool" mean streets of Philadelphia whether on the side walks or bike paths I get cool as X*&^%, and other favorable comments or nothing at all. I haven't received one mocking comment. I made a short video and sent it to my extended family mailing list (nieces and nephews) and they all thought it was the coolest thing ever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nute said:

I had “that’s fu3king sick man” a few days ago. Not sure if that is good or bad.... 

Lol! Yeah I get that all the time. Sometimes I’m a little alarmed at the age of the people who say it. 

On 5/1/2018 at 8:12 AM, em1barns said:

I am a urban user, and leave on 3rd floor with no elevator.

So while I love the form factor and tyre, anything heavier than 20kg is a no-go.

With that tire (z10) you can ride the stairs... At least down :)

19 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

It's funny though. 1000-1500$ will get you a so so motorbike model older (ecluding safety gear), but at same price EUC new will get you

travel in the city fast and nimble,

without a license,

no laws agsinst a beer en route,

Don't know about that last one. In Belgium you can lose your drivers license (yes, the one for your car) if they catch you riding a bicycle when drunk.

1 minute ago, thefork said:

@Boogieman, have you considered the other two options (InMotion V10F and King Song KS-18L)?

Ks16s have passed my mind (but hard to find on Ali and gearbest, only option in Sweden i know of), but 18" is too big (i think) with regards to handling

Yeah, you might be right about that. My plan is to wait for some reviews to come in (and for batch #2 to get into production) for the various new wheels that are on the way out, and then make a decision. I'm leaning toward getting the V10F from Justina.

21 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Don't know about that last one. In Belgium you can lose your drivers license (yes, the one for your car) if they catch you riding a bicycle when drunk.

There was rumors that you could loose motorbike license here in sweden when bicycling drunk (2 wheels resemblance), which everyone believed when young... Which was a good thing in some way... Though noone cared ? just avoided "the risky roads of law. But since internet...it  is easy to check laws and you can easy have a ? or three and pedal on, as long as you are not wreckless drunk.. Then you go to "free hotel room at police station over night to sleep it off" and if you cause an accident while drunk im sure alcohol in blood stream will put you in a very bad spot. So while no fine or license issues, its not good. But rules on Sweden are silly strict (0.2 o%) so can't even have a beer to lunch and drive. In my opinion, when skiing, its A LOT safer to ski after 1-2 beer or jaegermeisters than without. That added relaxation makes you a lot more agile and softens the knees and relaxes the brain from tension. At least for me. I ski better after two beer than sauber, no joke (im probably to much of a pu__y without lol.  ? ), and I am guessing euc would be as close to skiing you can get without snow (my ninebot mini plus is pretty close allready...just slower and not as forgiving)

Edited by Boogieman

10 minutes ago, thefork said:

Yeah, you might be right about that. My plan is to wait for some reviews to come in (and for batch #2 to get into production) for the various new wheels that are on the way out, and then make a decision. I'm leaning toward getting the V10F from Justina.

Justina? Swedish company?

41 minutes ago, Boogieman said:

?

Should be first choice for teens. It seems to be in Asia. Thought i was the oddball till i saw people on here and youtube at my age-ish (im 44, 90kg 191cm and though stronger than at 20 Im MUCH more careful/lamer whem it comes to taking risks now)

LOL, I'm 6'3" 250 pounds at the moment and 55 years old! I haven't seen another EUC here in Sarnia and people stop and watch me go by......  And I am only riding a NB1C+  I need a little more speed and longer range. Plus a bigger fatter tire to not get stuck in the cracks in the roads here.

16 minutes ago, thefork said:

Polish, I believe: electricunicycles.eu

Another great retailer is Ian over at speedyfeet.co.uk.

yes @Justina 's web shop is a polish dealer. I bought my Inmotion V8 from there in march 2018. 

They have been helpful in the start, but my last question to them have gone unanswered for some days now (about not able to link my V8 to Inmotion app).

I just hope Inmotion release the new app soon.

6 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Justina? Swedish company?

There are sellers in Poland, Germany, UK and France at least. The Poles are probably the cheapest, and they're good to deal with as far as I know.

You have plenty of options for the 2x16km run: KS16, KS18, ACM, ACM2, Tesla, MS3, MS3X, GT16, GT18, IM8, IM10, Z10... It all depends on how fast, how reliable, how far on a charge and what your particular points of interest lie. The larger wheels will be more stable at speed, and more relaxed for a commute, but lose out some in nimbleness.

It also depends a lot on where you live in Sweden. If for instance you live in a "bike town" like Uppsala, any strong wheel goes, because the bike roads are soooooo good ❤️, while if you live in a "car town" like Gothenburg, you want a large wheel with more cushion, because the politicos seem to have forgotten anything with less than four wheels even exist. I haven't ridden in Stockholm, so I can't attest to the road conditions there.

My own attention right now have been captured by the upcoming Z10, the MSX and the GT18. As soon as those hit the market I'll have to decide and spend my hard earned money... :D

I love my GT16, but it really isn't the best alternative for pot-hole Gothenburg.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

yes @Justina 's web shop is a polish dealer. I bought my Inmotion V8 from there in march 2018. 

They have been helpful in the start, but my last question to them have gone unanswered for some days now (about not able to link my V8 to Inmotion app).

I just hope Inmotion release the new app soon.

Have you ever linked your V8 to the  Inmotion App? It does take time, If downloaded through the playstore app it's possible. Follow the manuel booklets instructions, apparently you have to use the six 000000 as password while logging in once then it will connect automatically each time you have Bluetooth on.

Edited by Edddeus
Incomplete

From the Korean guy's in parking lot video, we saw that the braking looked slow. The downhill charging test shown in the video from Taiwan indicates that the regenerative braking to charging system only charges 1 or the 2 battery packs, the other pack actually discharges during braking. I think these are related. That is, when braking, only one battery pack is charged, the other one is not or even worse goes against charging. As the result, the energy from the braking is hard to be dumped into battery, and hence braking is not very effective.

I hope Ninebot can read this and check if my guess is correct.

Edited by EUCMania
  • Like 1

This 'too slow braking' thing is being blown way out of proportion IMHO. In the video, he's clearly not trying to test 'hard braking'.

And even then, it seems most riders on the forum want to stand stiff and just jam hard on the brakes. IMHO, that's not the best way to brake, the video of this guy on the Z is the much better way to brake, your torso stops moving first, then your feet just forward and brake (like as if you're trying to initiate backwards, delay between upper and lower body).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, houseofjob said:

This 'too slow braking' thing is being blown way out of proportion IMHO. In the video, he's clearly not trying to test 'hard braking'.

And even then, it seems most riders on the forum want to stand stiff and just jam hard on the brakes. IMHO, that's not the best way to brake, the video of this guy on the Z is the much better way to brake, your torso stops moving first, then your feet just forward and brake (like as if you're trying to initiate backwards, delay between upper and lower body).

I don't know man. Here's a gif I made. Looks like he's trying to put the wheel through its paces. Not sure how far back you'd need to brake fast. You can't lean much further back than that without falling off the wheel.

T7eXhn.gif