1 hour ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

So when will we see it in the USA or Canada? Or be able to buy it ourselves from China? Waiting is so hard!

Yesterday I got a mail from my Chinese dealer. They can get me one by mid June. So waiting should soon be over.

It’s a bit like waiting for ?  Let’s enjoy it ? 

1 hour ago, Adel said:

Hers a video on low battery test on the Z10, unfortunately I don't know the language. Maybe someone on the board who speaks the language can give us the feedback ?

In the meantime, have you gone to the description on youtube, hit the more button, and right click for drop down menu and translated to English?  It's pretty garbled and repeated about three times, but he does say something about the pedals not dipping on turns and catching the pedal causing a crash.  Also mentioned that they were E+ pedals.  Maybe that's why they didn't go with the larger pedals?   Something about hills and recharging going downhill, but yeah, google translate doesn't work with Chinese very well.  There is an English translation below the Chinese, but it reads the same as the google translated Chinese.

It will be interesting to know what he was saying about it.

Edited by steve454

me no like e+ pedals!

that has to be the worse pedal selection evah for an off road wheel. if @Marty Backedidn’t like the v10f, he’s really gonna hate the e+.

my ankle bone can attest that a beveled edge is better than a right angle and the worse adhesion too.

go bolts!

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adel said:

Hers a video on low battery test on the Z10, unfortunately I don't know the language. Maybe someone on the board who speaks the language can give us the feedback ?

They added this English language summary of the test.

Test low battery
Z10 what alarm feedback will be given when driving

Starting from triple
Electricity 79% mileage 165.9km
Arrival at New Beitou MRT Station
Electricity 57% mileage 178.5km
Start uphill from here

Arrive at Dundee
Electricity 46% mileage 181.6km

Arrive at Yangmingshan Flower Clock
Electricity 31% mileage 191.5
The average slope of the mountain is about 8~12 degrees

Electricity
Battery 41% Battery 2 28%
Mileage 198.3
As the downslope recharging battery is nearly 10% recharged, z10 can be recharged but the recharged battery is not evenly distributed.

Arriving at RIDER
Electricity 8% mileage 207.7km
Speed limit has already begun on the way back to RIDER
After the electricity is lower than 40%, the speed limit starts.
46km/h reduced to 39km/h
The lower the power, the lower the speed limit
Back to RIDER speed limit has been reduced to a minimum
10km/h

Low-power alarm feedback in addition to the traditional sound rocker more than a lot of security mechanisms
When the speed limit is exceeded,
The manager weighs 65 kg.
After the rocker, the store manager intentionally made a hard pedal to try to accelerate again.
However, there is no way to effectively accelerate the pedal down.
This is a very friendly setting for the novice straight up to z10.
Avoid newbies who don’t understand accidents caused by hard pressure in the rocker mechanism.

Inevitably, climbing a mountain will surely encounter a corner.
Big Bend, Small Bend, Sharp Bend, Hairpin Bend...
The mountain road is full of various corners.
Z10 is also good for driving corners
Bending mechanism,
Say the advantages before saying the previous product
Whether it is a single wheel balance car with ninebot or other brands,
You will find it when you cross a corner
The pedal will be over lean!
Such a situation is generally very easy to cause crashes when cornering because of excessive pedaling
When it comes to cornering, it will grind to the front of the pedal.
This situation is completely improved in z10
There will be no problem of leaning forward when cornering.
Although the z10 used the old e+ pedal
There is no new idea but the characteristics of durability and durability are still advantages. The power and power of the z10 will surely have more riders going up the mountain to play.
In other details, we will describe this experience in detail in the next video.
Please wait and see

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FreeRide said:

They added this English language summary of the test.

Test low battery

Starting from triple
Start uphill from here

Arrive at Dundee

Electricity
Mileage 198.3
As the downslope recharging battery is nearly 10% recharged, z10 can be recharged but the recharged battery is not evenly distributed.

Arriving at RIDER
46km/h reduced to 39km/h
10km/h

Low-power alarm feedback in addition to the traditional sound rocker more than a lot of security mechanisms
When the speed limit is exceeded,
The manager weighs 65 kg.
After the rocker, the store manager intentionally made a hard pedal to try to accelerate again.
However, there is no way to effectively accelerate the pedal down.
This is a very friendly setting for the novice straight up to z10.
Avoid newbies who don’t understand accidents caused by hard pressure in the rocker mechanism.

Inevitably, climbing a mountain will surely encounter a corner.
Big Bend, Small Bend, Sharp Bend, Hairpin Bend...
The mountain road is full of various corners.
Z10 is also good for driving corners
Bending mechanism,
Say the advantages before saying the previous product
Whether it is a single wheel balance car with ninebot or other brands,
You will find it when you cross a corner
The pedal will be over lean!
Such a situation is generally very easy to cause crashes when cornering because of excessive pedaling
When it comes to cornering, it will grind to the front of the pedal.
This situation is completely improved in z10
There will be no problem of leaning forward when cornering.
Although the z10 used the old e+ pedal
There is no new idea but the characteristics of durability and durability are still advantages. The power and power of the z10 will surely have more riders going up the mountain to play.
In other details, we will describe this experience in detail in the next video.
Please wait and see

Thanks I didn't notice It before.

Don’t know what it is about the e+ pedals but my feet cramp up in 2.5 miles on the ninebot where I can ride the 16s for probably 7 or 8 without even having to take a break.  Guess the z won’t be For me. 

Some fairly new clips and the best of the elder, for people who don't have time to read entire thread.

End of first clip is a nightmare, tiltback and beep exactly like my mini Plus around 16-19km/h (on speedo, but real speed is even lower) but...well see, in Europe i hope they don't do that, but if we were to import Chinese version from ali or gb then ?

?

Internals look nice.

Offroady

If its tested in Europe (by some Chinese guys :) ) speed limit are off :)

?

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 9:36 PM, fryman said:

Z10, looks like they integrated the trolley and mudguard together.  Nice!

Trolley handle / parking stand are the same unit... But it's optional equipment, aka not included as standard ?

ninebot mini plus story in repeat

5 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Some fairly new clips and the best of the elder, for people who don't have time to read entire thread.

They are all repeats.  Now we need the real thing.  Looks good... but until we have it official they unfortunately made us worry about what were were getting from specs to pedals.

Edited by FreeRide

Looks really nice. They should just get this thing out now, the suspense is wearing off. And I am still worried about the  very low pedals. I want to know what the production units look like and if people have issues with off-road turns running the pedals into the ground. 

3 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Looks really nice. They should just get this thing out now, the suspense is wearing off. And I am still worried about the  very low pedals. I want to know what the production units look like and if people have issues with off-road turns running the pedals into the ground. 

I'm hoping the NA shipment will have larger pedals, but it does seem like they should consider lifting the pedals a bit.  The low-battery-test video said there was no problem scraping the pedals when leaning into the turns on the street, but that might have been because of the small pedals.  It's possible the large pedals were actually removed from the specs because of how they performed in cornering given the height of the pedals. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

I'm hoping the NA shipment will have larger pedals, but it does seem like they should consider lifting the pedals a bit.  The low-battery-test video said there was no problem scraping the pedals when leaning into the turns on the street, but that might have been because of the small pedals.  It's possible the large pedals were actually removed from the specs because of how they performed in cornering given the height of the pedals. 

Do you recall somebody's tip about putting sneaker insole gel chunks in the pedal joints to provide more shock absorption? That same concept should work to increase pedal angle, and thus raise the outside height of the pedals to improve clearance.

• Upvote 2

This wheel is calling to me!  It seems like folks are excited about different wheels that are being released, but for me there's only the Z10 and there's no close second.  I'm doubtful there'll be a close second for me for a long while.  

I'm disappointed to learn that the trolley isn't standard.  That seems ridiculous to me, but w/e.  

I was wondering today when I inflated the tire on my 18S whether the Z series will need more power compared to our regular wheels in order to compensate for the lower tire pressure and wider tire.  It's amazing how differently the 18S responds based on tire pressure, but certainly the less pressure, the less snappy the responsiveness/acceleration/deceleration.   

It's going to be rough reading the early reviews start to roll in for this wheel, especially if they're as good as I'm expecting.  I want to wait a year until I buy it.  

Edited by mezzanine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mezzanine said:

I'm disappointed to learn that the trolley isn't standard.  That seems ridiculous to me, but w/e.

I wouldn't assume the South China release Z will be the same as the International release (ie. trolley, pedals).

Living costs and prices are much lower in China, so any China EUC release has to aim for much lower price points than for abroad, hence why skimping out on an included trolley/stand + costly new pedals makes sense for that market.

I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 9:50 PM, FreeRide said:

Test low battery

Starting from triple
Start uphill from here

Arrive at Dundee

Electricity
Mileage 198.3

Arriving at RIDER
46km/h reduced to 39km/h
10km/h

? Where are the 80-100 km range ?

Capture d’écran 2018-04-30 à 10.32.32.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kael said:

It’s by far the best looking wheel ever. Can’t wait for reviews. There’s a CE certified European one coming eventually, so the wait might be another couple of months. 

You know the the "CE" sign is just a marking, by which the manufacturer declares that he knows all relevant (ec) regulations and complies with them? There is no (external) certification process.

Just for products with higher risk potential exist own regulations which require an examination by external sites. This can be seen/checked by a 4 digit code after the CE sign.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Do you recall somebody's tip about putting sneaker insole gel chunks in the pedal joints to provide more shock absorption? That same concept should work to increase pedal angle, and thus raise the outside height of the pedals to improve clearance.

Thanks.  I either never saw that one, or forgot about it.  Does not seem the success of that has been reported by many others.  it's an interesting idea, a low cost improvement.  The problem is I see it as an improvement in comfort possibly, but not height; having the pedals angled up is not something I like, so I would not want to go too thick. Maybe a slight tilt might get rid of any nasty inclination to scrape, but at the cost of comfort.  Flat large pedals seem to be the best.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Confusius15 said:

? Where are the 80-100 km range ?

Capture d’écran 2018-04-30 à 10.32.32.png

Yeah, no kidding. If 80% of battery capacity is giving you a range of roughly 40 kilometers or 25 miles, this will not really impress.

9 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Yeah, no kidding. If 80% of battery capacity is giving you a range of roughly 40 kilometers or 25 miles, this will not really impress.

So are these numbers from the Z10 or 6 or 8?

5 minutes ago, fryman said:

So are these numbers from the Z10 or 6 or 8?

The beginning of the translated report said:

"Test low battery
Z10 what alarm feedback will be given when driving"

So this should all apply to the Z10.

1 minute ago, MacPara said:

The beginning of the translated report said:

"Test low battery
Z10 what alarm feedback will be given when driving"

So this should all apply to the Z10.

The chart is confusing to me. which row is the kilometers?

7 minutes ago, fryman said:

The chart is confusing to me. which row is the kilometers?

The one that says "Mileage". It has no units there but if you read the translated report you see that the mileage numbers correlate to what they list as kilometers there. It's the trip mileage they recorded, so you have to subtract the starting number from the end number to get to something around 40 kilometers which required 80-8% of battery capacity. 8% is a bit low for being practical in my book but anyway, that's what they did. 

Edited by MacPara