4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

This shop is (was) known for spreading FUD and misinformation about GW wheels (otherwise the shop is perfectly fine, and great website). Ignore whatever they have to say about GW. GW quality is (with the new models) on par with the others where it matters, if you get over the initial "Will my board die right away?" bump that sometimes appears.

This was the major reason I was nervous about getting my Tesla. In the end it was a great wheel, and handled really well. Unfortunately, the quality of the casing was really flimsy. But just like a sports car, the higher end it is, the easier to damage. I only wish they would have had a better design on the internal screw brackets so they don't get destroyed on the first fall.

This is the main reason I am going back to Ninebot. Their cases are much better built to take a tumble and (hopefully) if/when I do go down on the Z10 it will stay in one piece. I just think that having to buy an entire new shell on the first crash, even if its minor, is a major drawback in the design of these wheels.

• Like 3

On 5/1/2018 at 7:26 PM, Scatcat said:

Stability at speed is an acquired skill on the GT16. It is very dependant on foot position and stance. The reason I think is the silicone/rubber shock absorber inserts and the rubber top of the pedals. The connection between the pedals and the wheel is buffered two times by layers of flexible stuff...

I don’t think that should be the reason. I have floated my 16S pedals with big chunks of silicone, put insole gel between the pedal hinges, and fit my boots with two thick spongy insoles. All this makes the wheel stick tremendously better to my shoes, so the ride is more stable over both big and small inconsistencies of the road.

Unless ofcourse the GT16 suspension system is just of a very bad design.

On 4/30/2018 at 7:53 PM, US69 said:

I am SO MUCH looking forward to see @Marty Backe take this wheel to his "overheat hill" and offroad trails, really! To get away this overhyped exspectations ?

Not only for to see if at least the Z10 has the power to move up the hill.(not to speak about z6/8)..nope...

For (in my view) hopefully prooving that this wide tire on a EUC  is absolutly nonsense and brings no advantage other than perhaps on very flat road to have a bit more grip. When you just think about motorbike motocross, the back wheels are not that wide, they are only very wide on motor bike street high speed situation. (super big bikes)

And much more important, think of steering?! There is no moto cross bike in the world, which has a wide tire in the front, as such a thing just makes steering worse. And as we have to do both with our one wheel EUC...i would guess a wider tire than say 3inch is just missing the point.

But we will see ? My guess is, that the Msuper X will take the cake for all competitions, for street gliding and offroad trailing, i guess it will be a clear winner over the 9b Z10. All day long......

Yes agree an weight plays it part too, ok perhaps on a EUC it's not exactly as equally important as on a dirtbike where we also spend time in the air and balance is a part, hence throttle and brake control while in the air. Yes agreed, but looks pretty sweet though I have to admit.

Yes, people should know that Backe = a slope in the Swedish language, literally at least in everyday' peoples tongue and quite fitting all considering, I am waiting for the exciting tests myself. ?  Then again there's an expression that says "dimpa i backen" that mean "fall to the ground (with some force)" but that's just over course let's hope mr Backe make it up that hill when the time come.

Edited by Electroman

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I don’t think that should be the reason. I have floated my 16S pedals with big chunks of silicone, put insole gel between the pedal hinges, and fit my boots with two thick spongy insoles. All this makes the wheel stick tremendously better to my shoes, so the ride is more stable over both big and small inconsistencies of the road.

Unless ofcourse the GT16 suspension system is just of a very bad design.

Just my speculation. I sometimes get the feeling of disconnect between the pedals and the wheel, and my feet are big enough that I can feel that the outer rim of the rubber has no aluminium backing.

The positioning of the feet for me must be far enough back that the balls of my feet is within the hard stuff of the pedals, but also far enough forward that the base of the heel has the same support. Also the further forward I am the less tendencies to wobble and the less strain in my lower legs. But too far forward and going down a curb would be slightly scary with foot repositioning...

Also I think the side pads of the GT16 are too narrow. While they're in "the right position" for normal running with slightly bent legs, bending your legs more or less makes your legs come close to the forward-/back-end of the pads. I suppose it comes with the design, and the rather narrow middle part. Some complementary padding by the pedals might have made a difference though, that is actually something I might experiment with...

All in all it is good, but a bit sensitive to stance and position.

1 hour ago, Confusius15 said:

Does anyone understand anything ?? ^^

Does he talk about the real maximum mileage ?

I think he said something about it’s comfortably to ride while eating fried rice. I don’t know ? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fryman said:

I think he said something about it’s comfortably to ride while eating fried rice. I don’t know ? 

Apparently they've just add English subtitles

Edit : Only for the first 2 minutes...

Edited by Confusius15

No reason for them too add English subtitles at all, so it was nice to see the first 2 minutes. The video was informative to me. Not, obviously in a specification point of view but I now have a better picture of the width and weight and overall appearance of the Z-line. It was interesting to see that the 16" V10F is actually taller or as tall as the 18" Z10. At 47 ibs for the Z6 and over 50 lbs for the Z10, it does give one pause. Even with the questionable trolley one can probably trolley it up and down stairs ,but, picking it up to get on buses or for whatever reason, will not be fun.  I never pay much attention to reviewers opinions on handling, comfort, etc., about any vehicle as it rarely matches my own. The more skilled the reviewer is, the less I pay attention. I have been an extreme long distance motor scooter/cycle rider for the last ten years. What I am looking for in a scooter or bike has little to do with the rider who rides to work or on weekends with their buddies to the local Hooters. Range tests, and climbing test also have little meaning unless done by the same rider on the same routes with various wheels. Having ridden well over 30K miles on e-scooters and bikes, I have found that the most accurate range expectation for me is to take the highest range figure of the maker and divide in half.  I will continue to wait for the Z line before making my next purchase, but I have to admit that as my skill level-comfort level increases the need/desire for a big fat and heavy wheel seems to be diminishing.

• Upvote 2

What state of mind! One Z is not directly affected by this article (parts;  Loomo个人版 https://baijia.baidu.com/s?id=1589098561823547929&wfr=pc&fr=app_lst)
But we can understand that some products of Segway Ninebot do not reach us finalized
Below, an excerpt from the Western consumer vision seen by Segway Ninebot China
I let you translate and interpret these lines

机器人产品作为新兴事物,国外相对国内接受度更高,用户也更愿意试错。用户在够买第一台服务机器人产品时,往往抱有尝鲜的心态,对于产品性能等问题选择适度接受。而在国内,用户往往愿意购买市场成熟的产品。出于这个方面的考虑,Loomo个人版产品首先会在美国市场进行销售。

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, novazeus said:

does the z10 come with the trolley handle? i hope not because i don’t need it or want it.

Un equipamiento completo para este Segway Ninebot One Z!

Se terminaron los problemas de asa telescópica, de faros, de luz stop (etc, etc) con la Ninebot One E+  y la Ninebot One S2 ; las One Z6, Z8 et Z10 estarán equipadas de asa telescópica, un potente faro delantero y una luz de stop trasera.

I think it does

I hope the mudguard is included too

19 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Yeah, don’t rely on urban360 dates, it has been a while they anticipated it. Not reliable as far as experience tells.

Time will tell...  I don't know either but I hope we've waited long enough

1 hour ago, em1barns said:

Yeah, don’t rely on urban360 dates, it has been a while they anticipated it. Not reliable as far as experience tells.

They actually have at least one Z10!

I bought my Tesla there, best store in Europe 100%

31B18234-2A49-406F-98EF-D6A577DDAE08.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Imarconi said:

They actually have at least one Z10!

I bought my Tesla there, best store in Europe 100%

31B18234-2A49-406F-98EF-D6A577DDAE08.jpeg

i don’t see the trolley handle. i hope it’s optional.

12 minutes ago, novazeus said:

You can't see it from that angle.  The latest revision does not hang out the back like the prototype.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

The trolley and the mudguard are included separately in the box. You can choose to attach them or not, up to you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adel said:

The trolley and the mudguard are included separately in the box. You can choose to attach them or not, up to you.

kewl! that’s perfect. i know if for some reason i sold it, the buyer would probably want it.

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

No veo el mango del carro. espero que sea opcional

this version I think is a prototype. It is not the final version, so do not pay attention if the trolley is included

On 5/6/2018 at 7:07 AM, Confusius15 said:

Apparently they've just add English subtitles

Edit : Only for the first 2 minutes...

On 5/6/2018 at 9:44 AM, MacPara said:

4.5 minutes now

0:6:40 now. I hope they continue to do the rest. 

• Like 2