1 hour ago, litewave said:

The smallish battery and consequent range are my only concerns: if real-world range is 30 miles or less, that will be the biggest problem. If it can achieve 40-50 miles with medium-hard riding, then the Z10 will be worth $1500-1600.

In that case you might be interested in some earlier posts on the thread regarding the range. 

Edited by Adel

4 hours ago, Adel said:

Yea, It would be nice to have some definitive reviews to answer some of the questions we have.

There are no reviews that can answer the range questions. It depends on who is riding (weight, style, speeds, etc.) and terrain. No manufacturer is going to give you specification based on the heaviest load the wheel can carry. 'All specification for EUCs and all other vehicles are calculated by using the best possible riding/driving conditions. The closest you can come to predicting expectant range for a new wheel is to note it's relationship to your current wheel in terms of battery and motor power. Battery power being the most significant metric. Three times the battery capacity , three times the range. I actually care little about absolute range. I care about how far can I go before the depletion level of the battery creates a "significant" drop in performance. Significant, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jerome said:

There are no reviews that can answer the range questions. It depends on who is riding (weight, style, speeds, etc.) and terrain. No manufacturer is going to give you specification based on the heaviest load the wheel can carry. 'All specification for EUCs and all other vehicles are calculated by using the best possible riding/driving conditions. The closest you can come to predicting expectant range for a new wheel is to note it's relationship to your current wheel in terms of battery and motor power. Battery power being the most significant metric. Three times the battery capacity , three times the range. I actually care little about absolute range. I care about how far can I go before the depletion level of the battery creates a "significant" drop in performance. Significant, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

That is utterly and totally true. I feel comfortable at 50% charge or more, as I know I still have the power needed to relax. At 70% or more I can go full bore. This means that while I can drive 35 miles at a conservative speed, in reality I will never drive more than 20 before recharging. In most situations that is perfectly enough, but I would still love to double that.

11 hours ago, Esper said:

Well. If you look at pg 1, the first post on this thread lists the stats on the device based on a 150 kg load, where as other wheels list it with a smaller 120 kg load. This is reaffirmed on page 52 by other people. But not everyone likes to read I guess... 

The stats usually say MAXIMUM angle and MAXIMUM range. Those are not achieved with maximum load.

Airwheel was kind enough to explain how the maximum range was measured for the A3: 60kg rider on a perfectly flat sports arena, no wind, steady speed, until the final tiltback stayed. That really is the absolute MAXIMUM possible. Not related to real life usage.

Every single piece of information on EUC data sheets is only what the manufacturer wants there to read.

• Nominal motor power? The maximum power is less than that at low speeds anyway.
  • Maximum motor power? Depends on the required duration amongst others.
  • Max speed? Depends on rider weight, tire pressure, and the app that can show 40 as 45.
  • Max climb angle? Every modern wheel has the power to climb a wall, if the rider is light enough and there was traction. Short 60° obstacles are rideable anyway.
  • Weight? Might be measured with the smallest battery, which could be an option no longer sold.
  • Battery capacity? Can also be measured in a few different ways.

And so on. Guitarists are familiar with this. Crate came up with a tiny amp proudly advertising the huge 170W power. But it was measured with 10% THD (distortion). Other manufacturers could have sold the same amp as a 40W amp.

In my experience, and as mentioned above, a 1000Wh EUC will take you pretty much where any other 1000Wh would, as long as you ride in the same manner.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

I decided and ordered a V10F even though the 18" fat wheel and appearance of the Z10 was my hope for the upgrade from my 9B1 C+. Now, I need to lose some weight because I am close to the 260 pounds!   :(

That sounds like a winwin. You get a released and tested unit with good renome + Loose weight which will not only enrich the ride but everyday life.

Whoever said that electrical vehicles cant be used to loose weight. They seem to do it like double edges sword. You get exercise from riding and you want to loose weight to get a nimbler ride.  I dropped from 114kg to 88kg in about 2.5 years (vacations certainly made it take longer with increased beer intake lol) and im kinda lazy ? so just go for it (gym & good food) and thank yourself later! ?

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

That sounds like a winwin. You get a released and tested unit with good renome + Loose weight which will not only enrich the ride but everyday life.

Whoever said that electrical vehicles cant be used to loose weight. They seem to do it like double edges sword. You get exercise from riding and you want to loose weight to get a nimbler ride.  I dropped from 114kg to 88kg in about 2.5 years (vacations certainly made it take longer with increased beer intake lol) and im kinda lazy ? so just go for it (gym & good food) and thank yourself later! ?

One thing I found is there is not much exercise received when riding EUCs for commuting. Riding a bicycle is exercise which I did before I got this wheel which I am not doing now. Will need to do something else to exercise. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Demargon said:

from the fact of being in the outside taking fresh air

Depends. If you are commuting in let's say the center of Brussels, you might actually be better off just staying inside :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

Depends. If you are commuting in let's say the center of Brussels, you might actually be better off just staying inside :lol: 

Brussels center also feels like doing off-road even on road....

• Like 1

Anybody else skeptical of the stated engine power specs from this Z series?

Ninebot by Segway One Z Specifications 
  Ninebot One Z10 Ninebot One Z8 Ninebot One Z6
Max speed 27.96 Mph (45 Kmph) 24.85 Mph (40 Kmph) 18.64 Mph (30 Kmph)
Battery capacity 1000Wh 862Wh 574Wh
Engine power 1800W 1500W 1200W
Max Theoretical Range  49.71 to 62.14 Miles (80-100km) 37.28 to 49.71 Miles (60-80km) 24.85 to 34.18 Miles (40-55km)
Max Incline/Decline ~ 20-25°   ~ 20-25°  ~ 20° 

The Z6 is supposed to have a 1200 watt motor, but with a max speed of 18 mph and a reported max incline angle of 20 degrees, I'm becoming skeptical.

What kind of 1200 watt motor wheel has a max speed of 18 mph AND poor torque for hills?

The Z6 looks like a great deal if it comes in at $900 or less, and it should out-perform the Inmotion V8 which is the same price but an 800 watt wheel, but the V8 has that same top speed, and is a good performer on hills as well.

I'm starting to suspect that the Z6 will eventually be revealed to NOT be a legit 1200 watt wheel, but rather a glorified or not so glorified 800 watt wheel with a big tire.

It would still be a good deal on a wheel for a medium performance cruiser with a BIG 18" wheel, it just wouldn't be nearly as good as the reported specs claim.

If we compare it to the KS16S, and even take a couple mph off the top speed because of tire size, that should still give the V6 a top speed of 19-20 mph, and of course the KS16S is an amazing performer on hills, because the motor is designed not for top speed but for torque.

Edited by Scouts Honor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

Anybody else skeptical of the stated engine power specs from this Z series?

Ninebot by Segway One Z Specifications 
  Ninebot One Z10 Ninebot One Z8 Ninebot One Z6
Max speed 27.96 Mph (45 Kmph) 24.85 Mph (40 Kmph) 18.64 Mph (30 Kmph)
Battery capacity 1000Wh 862Wh 574Wh
Engine power 1800W 1500W 1200W
Max Theoretical Range  49.71 to 62.14 Miles (80-100km) 37.28 to 49.71 Miles (60-80km) 24.85 to 34.18 Miles (40-55km)
Max Incline/Decline ~ 20-25°   ~ 20-25°  ~ 20° 

The Z6 is supposed to have a 1200 watt motor, but with a max speed of 18 mph and a reported max incline angle of 20 degrees, I'm becoming skeptical.

What kind of 1200 watt motor wheel has a max speed of 18 mph AND poor torque for hills?

The Z6 looks like a great deal if it comes in at $900 or less, and it should out-perform the Inmotion V8 which is the same price but an 800 watt wheel, but the V8 has that same top speed, and is a good performer on hills as well.

I'm starting to suspect that the Z6 will eventually be revealed to NOT be a legit 1200 watt wheel, but rather a glorified or not so glorified 800 watt wheel with a big tire.

It would still be a good deal on a wheel for a medium performance cruiser with a BIG 18" wheel, it just wouldn't be nearly as good as the reported specs claim.

If we compare it to the KS16S, and even take a couple mph off the top speed because of tire size, that should still give the V6 a top speed of 19-20 mph, and of course the KS16S is an amazing performer on hills, because the motor is designed not for top speed but for torque.

I would get to nervous about specifications. They have very little real-world significance. It can climb a 36% grade which might make a SF rider a little nervous, but the rest of us. We also don't know what the rider weight is or how long is the climb. Any manufacturer that is talking 30-35 degree slopes is talking about ramps or short climbs up a slope with very light riders. Light riders have ridden up Filbert street in SF on NB1 E+.  I am more excited about your $900 price expectation. If true then the Z8 would probably be <= $1300. That would be worth the wait.

1 hour ago, Jerome said:

I would get to nervous about specifications. They have very little real-world significance. It can climb a 36% grade which might make a SF rider a little nervous, but the rest of us. We also don't know what the rider weight is or how long is the climb. Any manufacturer that is talking 30-35 degree slopes is talking about ramps or short climbs up a slope with very light riders. Light riders have ridden up Filbert street in SF on NB1 E+.  I am more excited about your $900 price expectation. If true then the Z8 would probably be <= $1300. That would be worth the wait.

Yeah in Chinese Yuan the Z6 was listed at exactly half of the Z10 price, which was $1600 I believe, so the Z6 is $800 in China. So I guess it could come in less than $900 in the US.

I'm surrounded by steep hills so top climbing ability is a must, especially since my rider weight is 200 lbs. The Z6 for $900 or less would be a great value just based on looks lone though, plus comfort and a unique ride.

You can guestimate the price of the Z8 based on this, knowing that EWheels estimates the price of the Z10 at $1600. $1300 sounds about exactly right.

onez1.jpg

Edited by Scouts Honor

A belgian online EUC dealer placed an order for 20 of each model. ETA is July, and prices (without pre-order discounts) are the following :

- z6: 1199 euros 

- z8: 1849 euros

- z10: 2299 euros

Photos suggest pedals are Ninebot one e ones. As a reference, INMOTION v10/f are 1499 and 1799 respectively, while Msuper X 1300/1600 are 1699 euros / 1899 euros respectively.

Edited by em1barns
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, em1barns said:

A belgian online EUC dealer placed an order for 20 of each model. ETA is July, and prices (without pre-order discounts) are the following :

- z6: 1199 euros 

- z8: 1849 euros

- z10: 2299 euros

Photos suggest pedals are Ninebot one e ones. As a reference, INMOTION v10/f are 1499 and 1799 respectively, while Msuper X 1300/1600 are 1699 euros / 1899 euros respectively.

i’m out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

$2700?

1) these prices include 21% VAT in Europe

2) vendors generally align their prices on a separate distributor / vendor model, each taking their margin

So there is chance z10 gets in the sub 2000$ in US, it’s a bit early to say.

• Like 2

i wish u got to spend a week with a v10f production model using it like regular urban stuff. it’s very adjustable to make it more intuitive and comfortable. kinda like finding exactly the right postion in our vehicles memory seats. gotta drive it a little and know which buttons to press. 

aren’t they gonna loan u another one?

• Like 3