13 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

So the solution should have been to widen the heel side of the pedal some. 

Apart from looking cool, give me a single reason to choose the 9BZ10 before:

1. MSuper X
  2. KS18L
  3. Inmotion V10F

We were hoping for the same but Ninebot decided to go with E+ padel...

Apart from looking cool, the 3 wheels you mentioned are probably all better than Z in every other areas... but, there are people opt for a Lexus LC instead of a full blown Impreza Sti... this may not be a good example but hope you get what I am trying to say.

Another reason people, especially in the north regions of China, will buy Z over GW Inmotion or KS is because the semi-official user community group and the activities it organizes. You cannot participate with a wheel from other manufacturers. Also ninebot does believed to have better service, depending on the region an end user is living in.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

The foot surface area on the V10F's pedals has set a new benchmark, nearly every other pedal design is on the range of barely-adequate to not-good-enough. On the day the Z10 arrived, it was moderately wet outside; taking on it's maiden spin, my foot slipped in the first 10 meters!

Criticisms surrounding the Z series development program are not without foundation. The Northern hemisphere (North America, Western Europe, Korea, Russia & Japan) according to sources at KS, GW & IM represent >80% of Wheel sales, to release a product that has been in the labs for over two years, at the end of the season, is certainly going to impair the chances of the success it might have otherwise been, than if it was released in March & available in large numbers by the spring. 

It's also not certain (as far as I'm aware) if the Z10 will be going through the UL certification anyways. If this is so, does seem to be a bit odd that the technical specifications would be dictated by a non-existent requirement.

One could argue 1) at lower pressures the wider tire make it easier to learn on, 2) better traction on loose gravel & compacted sand. In many other usage scenarios the extra weight, pedal design & performance traits [still unverified] could make it a harder sell on ride quality properties alone over the other contenders. It's still early days to form a definitive picture of how this battle between the manufacturers higher-performance class Wheels is going to play out. 

1) Probably, to a point.

2) Probably, to a point. But i wonder how much of a difference it would make compared to the 3"-tyre of MSuperX?

That last point is well taken. We still only/mostly have the beta testing done. When the real deal hits the market we will know better. I still feel a bit let down. This should/could have been so good, and now it seems to be more like barely adequate.

2 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

We were hoping for the same but Ninebot decided to go with E+ padel...

Apart from looking cool, the 3 wheels you mentioned are probably all better than Z in every other areas... but, there are people opt for a Lexus LC instead of a full blown Impreza Sti... this may not be a good example but hope you get what I am trying to say.

Another reason people, especially in the north regions of China, will buy Z over GW Inmotion or KS is because the semi-official user community group and the activities it organizes. You cannot participate with a wheel from other manufacturers. Also ninebot does believed to have better service, depending on the region an end user is living in.

Oh, I understand what you're saying, and you have my respect for it.

Actually it doesn't seem to be a "bad" wheel. It's just that it won't come close to live up to its promise. It could have been a game changer.

• Upvote 1

I drank the kool-aid on the Z series and am very disappointed with the early returns.  :(

I'm especially disappointed to hear that the tubeless tire design doesn't seem to be imparting any shock absorbing benefit.  I was somewhat reconciled to the idea that it would be under-powered, but had hoped they would find ways to finesse their engineering so that it was still competitive, like KS did with the 67v Sport series.  

Credit goes to @US69 for calling this when the hype train was still chugging along.  To be fair, I think the early spec release indicated it would be an 84v wheel.  

Really makes me wonder how they were able to get this so wrong.  I think I underestimated how important it is to be constantly implementing revisions like Gotway does, whereby they get customer feedback and are able to tweak their current production instead of developing using a long release pipeline.  

I was completely sold on the concept of the wider tire.  To hear that it doesn't seem to provide much benefit is the real surprise for me.  I really thought it would advance EUC safety significantly.  Very disappointed.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay, show of hands - how many people would want a wheel like that?

I think that would be a little much for me. Honestly, I just want a wheel that's safer to ride through bad pavement but can climb hills without overheating.

• Like 3

:efef927839:   Dream big or go home.

https://www.wanderlustworker.com/11-reasons-why-you-should-dream-big/

It's nice to have a healthy margin of power available just in case.  Do we need 254 hp in a Landrover when say 150 would do?  Am I going to drive my Porsche GT3 at 311 kph just because it can?  The Gotway ViperZ EE edition can do what you need to and more.  You will reach your limits before you ever see its limits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It's nice to have a healthy margin of power available just in case.  Do we need 254 hp in a Landrover when say 150 would do?  Am I going to drive my Porsche GT3 at 311 kph just because it can?  The Gotway ViperZ EE edition can do what you need to and more.  You will reach your limits before you ever see its limits.

I thought it was the Gotway ViperZ HHBL edition that we all need...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

+1 on my Concour 14, I can hit 70 mph on first gear and governed at 186 mph.  The beauty of it is that in 6th gear I'm hovering at 4000 rpm at 70- 80 mph which is very relaxing... I'm with you, you can't never have too much power or money...   :whistling:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2:  Yes that's the extra special edition soon to follow!

It has a suspension dampened snack tray, gimbal mounted drink holder, and a built-in soda cooler!

Not to forget the auto detecting auto recording boob scanning HD camera mount...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/3/2018 at 6:46 AM, Jason McNeil said:

The foot surface area on the V10F's pedals has set a new benchmark, nearly every other pedal design is on the range of barely-adequate to not-good-enough. On the day the Z10 arrived, it was moderately wet outside; taking on it's maiden spin, my foot slipped in the first 10 meters!

It's surprising that EUC manufacturers to this day still can't get something as simple as pedals right. Even Inmotion which finally gave us proper size pedals (thank you) failed to put grip tape on them ! 

What is the explanation for this lack of attention to detail by EUC companies ? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adel said:

Even Inmotion which finally gave us proper size pedals (thank you) failed to put grip tape on them ! 

What is the explanation for this lack of attention to detail by EUC companies ? 

Maybe because some users find the soft rubber is adequate and more comfortable than hard pedals with grip tape, on a cruiser like V10F.

In the case of V10F. It’s not very quick off the line, not very efficient braking, the tall body does not allow much wiggle room between legs for low speed nimbleness in crowded area. But it’s great cruising. Comfortable rubber pedals seems to be a good fit, for me at least. V10F reminds me just how nicely balanced V8 is.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 5:05 PM, Turbocharged said:

Maybe because some users find the soft rubber is adequate and more comfortable than hard pedals with grip tape,

Rubber may be fine as long as it does not get wet - in the rain situation changes a lot - firm grip is essential for safety - so  - I will never accept rubber on the pedals, many people will have to learn this lesson hard way by slipping/falling during the rain...