1 minute ago, kasenutty said:

I can't wait to hear what you think, @RoberAce

Theoretically I will be the first to have a final version in Western World, because I bought it from an old well-known Chinese seller of AliExpress, who will send it to me by plane as soon as it leaves the factory. Stay tuned!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Rubber may be fine as long as it does not get wet - in the rain situation changes a lot - firm grip is essential for safety - so  - I will never accept rubber on the pedals, many people will have to learn this lesson hard way by slipping/falling during the rain...

Usually that’s the case, however I find the rubber pedals on V10F are quite ok in wet condition, it may not be very good in dirt though. 

44 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

Theoretically I will be the first to have a final version in Western World, because I bought it from an old well-known Chinese seller of AliExpress, who will send it to me by plane as soon as it leaves the factory. Stay tuned!

From what I have hear, pre-ordered customers and some first tier distributors will start to receive Zs starting June 10th. It’s not officially released information though... Anyway, the wait is almost over.

2 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

Por lo que he escuchado, los clientes pre ordenados y algunos distribuidores de primer nivel comenzarán a recibir Zs a partir del 10 de junio. Aunque no es información oficialmente publicada ... De todos modos, la espera casi ha terminado.

My seller is one of them, I bought in April

On 5/31/2018 at 8:44 AM, Marty Backe said:

Very interesting, and depressing :crying:

There’s still hope! With the next firmware, user may turn off both LED mood lighting and DRL... since some believe that these heat sources are triggering temperature warnings prematurely. There’s no way to know for sure if that would change anything at this stage, but at least there is hope!

41 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Wow, you beat me to the punch!

I’m posting this, and as much other stuff as I can to a new Z thread, complete with my incoherent ramblings on our favorite yet-to-be-released whipping wheel! ?

spoiler alert: based on my exhaustive 3-day run with this Z10, I’m 100% buying one, don’t believe everything you read on the internet (that is, barring any structural engineering faults with it).

Ah cool, nice to see some non-negative feedback on the Z!

Edited by Duf
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I’m posting this, and as much other stuff as I can to a new Z thread, complete with my incoherent ramblings on our favorite yet-to-be-released whipping wheel! ?

spoiler alert: based on my exhaustive 3-day run with this Z10, I’m 100% buying one, don’t believe everything you read on the internet (that is, barring any structural engineering faults with it).

Finally! Someone with some savvy get their hands on one. Looking forward to getting the truth about this wheel's real abilities.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Yo. Great video. Your edits are on point. I"m excited about this wheel once again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

10 pounds heavier than the V10F is quite a lot. 

It is, but the Z10 is an 18-inch wheel. Try picking up an MSuper :D

• Upvote 1

While waiting for the Z10 to arrive - maybe we can find support of developers to add support for Ninebot communication to WheelLog, or optionally add communication with Pebble to DarknessBot which support Ninebot wheels...

• Like 3

On 5/28/2018 at 5:49 PM, RoberAce said:

be prepared to wait too much

Z10 looks Nice on the exterior and is probably gonna be s very safe ride.  I got the ninebot mini plus which is almost impossible to cut out which is great,  but the back side is greater than the positives.  

The mini plus from ninebot is a bit like an iphone compared to android and i guess the z series will follow suite:

- safe (means max speed is decided by ninebot based on average user with a safety margin)

- pretty...it is...even cute with its r2d2 like language

- locked up (beep=mandatory and insanely annoying since its over safe,  tiltback at fixed speed based on remaining battery=mandatory)

- boring (compared to i.e. samsung, nokia, google alternatives) since you know you COULD ride at 30km/h at constant velocity with less margin,  and as experienced driver you want to utilize the headspace sacrificing some risk...or not.. at least it's up to you....

Most of all...

I want a EUC while summer is still here.  Next year many have ridden the z and i will know is it good or anus  + price should have dropped as its old news.... 

Conclusion for me,  as im an Android guy that likes to make my own decisions and don't care to much about aesthetics,  more on function..

A tesla. Sure that might represent the extreme android choice on a flunky skin like xiaomi, but i get all the power i need, if i need it. I get it now and at a decent price. Sure i might need to tinker a bit...but when im done i have perfection based on MY NEEDS. 

To me, that is good enough.

Though of course i would prefer the best of both world's but as for now that does not exist ? maybe the inmotion v10f would be the inbetweener, not really sure, but then i would have to wait half summer....and whats the fun in that. I aint gettin younger ?

6 hours ago, Lukasz said:

While waiting for the Z10 to arrive - maybe we can find support of developers to add support for Ninebot communication to WheelLog, or optionally add communication with Pebble to DarknessBot which support Ninebot wheels...

Pebble is out of business.