59 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Pebble is out of business.

It's been out of business for a long time, but the cloud service still works and you can still buy the watches. Given that there's nothing else comparable, it's a great recommendation for people.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vikas said:

Impressive.

This video reminds me: what does the motor sound like (this video without the music, or something similar)? Of course I'll find out soon enough, but others might be interested.

From what I could hear, it had an interesting sound.

• Upvote 2

tn Bob pulled me off the back of my 18s and i tried to abort in the mulch next to my road but the wheel kept going without me. i swear it balances better without me on it. it finally made its way back to the asphalt before it’s dive. 

may have to reconsider this fat tire. wonder how far it would have gone?

On 6/9/2018 at 8:51 PM, Marty Backe said:

It's been out of business for a long time, but the cloud service still works and you can still buy the watches. Given that there's nothing else comparable, it's a great recommendation for people.

Does WheelLog use Pebble's Cloud API or its Native SDK? Looks like cloud support is being winded down: https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/24/16928792/fitbit-smartwatch-pebble-end-support-date-june

54 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

Finally, some Z6s have made their way to the buyers. Some changes on the production unit:

Z6 now has the Ninebot logo too

the edge is no long sharp as a dagger

Factory provides grip tape, it seems you'd have to apply it yourself

Mud guard looks different

Tire thread on the edge is different, probably to cope with side slip on a slope

The shell material suppose to be changed, but can't really tell if it is still fragile as the BETA units, the assembly craftsmanship is still not that great

Thanks for sharing. I'm getting excited for the Z series. Ninebot seems to be making all the rights moves. Can't wait to get mine.

10 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

Finally, some Z6s have made their way to the buyers. Some changes on the production unit:

Z6 now has the Ninebot logo too

the edge is no long sharp as a dagger

InkedIMG_0346_LI1.jpg.0a6f62efd42c5235f97c79f6d5165291.jpg

Factory provides grip tape, it seems you'd have to apply it yourself

IMG_0347.thumb.JPG.5b76493d813604512b9c1a97cc965dbe.JPG

Mud guard looks different

IMG_0348.thumb.JPG.97835ad77fb5706a83acaa4833f121b3.JPG

Tire thread on the edge is different, probably to cope with side slip on a slope

InkedIMG_0349_LI1.thumb.jpg.c7d421f384417b4f3485944057b3c73d.jpg

The shell material suppose to be changed, but can't really tell if it is still fragile as the BETA units, the assembly craftsmanship is still not that great

IMG_0350.thumb.JPG.5cd4acab1ddd02546ef7352b33b7f87a.JPG

@Turbocharged, Did they fix the trolley handle in the release version ? How about the headlight angle and faster charger. 

Interesting about Tishawne's observations. I get the feeling that they looked at the Onewheel quite a bit because it is super popular for offroading type folks. Maybe they thought about making one up until the debacle a few years ago when Trotter when to a trade show and OneWheel was there and had the FBI confiscate all their stuff for infringing on the copyrights. 

However, riding on a 6.5 (stock Vega Onewheel tire is somewhere in there) tire does feel different and you feel everything on it. The stock Vega tire is very solid. It is actually much easier to traverse grass on an EUC as a wider tire catches all the bumps and you feel like your a tank rolling over things going up one side which is disconcerting. If you have never had that experience before then you might have to adjust to it. EUC on grass is far more comfortable. The other thing to know is that a wider tire tends to do better in mud. I've seen OneWheelers destroy mud when all I did was spin out.

A wider tire also takes running into things head on better than ours do. I've seen Onewheelers attempting ""bonks" which are basically running your wheel straight into an object then tipping your wheel forward so that the motor forces you over. Basically, it would have bent my rims. They were running into a tree stump that was probably the size of one and a fourth of an office desk cabinet. The contact stress point should be spread across the wheel.

You can also stand straight up without moving when you run a PSI around 13 or above on a Onewheel. I assume that is why Tishawne was able to let it stand on its own for awhile. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Turbocharged said:

Production Z10 comes with soft padding which Z6 does not.11C04EB9-175F-4C8D-99ED-077766F57E21.thumb.jpeg.226c354ea1aadfd1b6002f352aa8a328.jpeg

Z8 production seems delayed. There is rumors saying Z8 will be cut from the lineup.

@Turbocharged what are these 4 extra pieces in the top of the picture ?  I haven't seen them before.

Edited by Adel

2 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

Production Z10 comes with soft padding which Z6 does not.11C04EB9-175F-4C8D-99ED-077766F57E21.thumb.jpeg.226c354ea1aadfd1b6002f352aa8a328.jpeg

Z8 production seems delayed. There is rumors saying Z8 will be cut from the lineup.

Is this how the Z10 comes for definite? With the mudguard, handle and padding? If so then cool! I'm still interested in the Z10, even though I have my ACM2, it may be an easier ride for commuting and use my ACM2 for longer rides for more power, speed & distance.

6 hours ago, Turbocharged said:

And I forgot to mention, the production Z10 has a soft top side shell (the part above the fake carbon part) that makes the addition of padding even less useful.

4 hours ago, TremF said:

Is this how the Z10 comes for definite? With the mudguard, handle and padding? If so then cool! I'm still interested in the Z10, even though I have my ACM2, it may be an easier ride for commuting and use my ACM2 for longer rides for more power, speed & distance.

Yes, all included for Z10, Z6 got no padding as far as I know.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

when? when comes to market?

I messaged https://www.theninebot.co.uk and they have/had 4 pre-orders left at a special price of £1000 (for the Z10) then the price goes up to £1400. Pre-orders get the mudguard free.

They "predict" it will be released in "around 2 months" and they "will be the first company in Europe to have them in stock". I'm very tempted but need to be fast with only 4 special price pre-orders left. :dribble::w00t2:

Ah well... The blockers are on that idea. They only accept Direct Bank Transfer for payment. 

Edited by TremF
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TremF said:

I messaged https://www.theninebot.co.uk and they have/had 4 pre-orders left at a special price of £1000 (for the Z10) then the price goes up to £1400. Pre-orders get the mudguard free.

They "predict" it will be released in "around 2 months" and they "will be the first company in Europe to have them in stock". I'm very tempted but need to be fast with only 4 special price pre-orders left. :dribble::w00t2:

Ah well... The blockers are on that idea. They only accept Direct Bank Transfer for payment. 

@Keith had quite a spat with these lot a little while ago. Some questions about their legitimacy fueled by the whole direct bank transfer thing and their claim to be official ninebot vendors.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TremF said:

Bank transfer only? Lolno. They must be joking. Might as well give £1000 to the local alcoholic and hope he conjures a wheel out of the evaporating vapours from a hundred empty vodka bottles.

Edited by Kael
  • Upvote 1