Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

onkeldanuel

On 1/24/2022 at 1:25 PM, supercurio said:

@GoGeorgeGo @RagingGrandpa @Greg X

Rated to 2300W and you can adjust the voltage and current to your liking (including beyond the max rated current most likely)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000494992858.html
I got the 140V version, but I was told by the seller it can also output higher current than 15A at lower voltage. Not that I might need that soon 😅

This version has a small screw behind the grill to adjust the voltage so it can't change by accident in your backpack, and you don't need to set it every time it turns on like some similar models.

So far I calibrated mine to a precise 100.8V, and and used it a few times to charge at 12A.
It has no issue finishing charging the Sherman despite its BMS turning things on/off in the end.

The amazing thing is that it's approx 2kg indeed! And small enough to fit in any backpack, no issue.

I got it expecting wheels would continue to go up beyond the 126V of the S20.

I'm new to EUC's, would I be able to get the proper connections to use this charger with my Nik+ 100v and the Master for the future? I haven't bought an aftermarket charger before. Thanks!

On 1/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, Planemo said:

He's not doing that, he's seeing 70Wh at 40mph. The 55mph was a theoretical number. But I agree with him, sustained 55mph on an EUC will use huge amounts of power, more than they can reasonably carry with current battery tech even if they make the hardware to deal with it.

It's the reason why I think top speeds will plateau. I don't need a wheel that sustains more than 40mph as range becomes non existent. A wheel capable of 50ish means 40 is safe and thats enough for me, even with a relatively large 3200Wh. And I still have to charge during the big rides :furious:

But yeah there will always be riders who want the fastest wheel, something to bang on about down the pub. Makes me laugh, theres plenty of people who have done 150mph+ on a motorbike and yet EUC riders get all emotional about doing 50+ :lol:

And? an airplane goes like hundreds of mph. Can't compare an euc and motorbike

3 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

def needs more air in that thing... it bottoms out during preload and landing (from a not very high jump)

He said that was with the 650 pound coil, and is now using a 1000 pound coil and is happy. Not bottoming out much he said, but I asked about sag because I'm definitely curious. Apparently the small bump compliance at high speed is even better because the lower stiction, with the 1000 pound coil vs the original air shock with 280 PSI

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gingomx said:

I'm new to EUC's, would I be able to get the proper connections to use this charger with my Nik+ 100v and the Master for the future? I haven't bought an aftermarket charger before. Thanks!

You can make the XT60 to GX-16 5 pins or GX-20 4 pins adapters (or any other) yourself, unless someone offers to make some for you.

But I must warn, this charger is for advanced users only. If you set the wrong voltage (poor calibration or wrong setting), you can either damage the cells or blow things up.
So it's kind of incredible in its weight/power/price ratio, but also incredibly dangerous.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, supercurio said:

damage the cells or blow things up.

Pack BMS should (keyword) prevent things from exploding if the wrong voltage is applied by cutting off the pack when the cells are overcharged or too much current is coming in but not a good thing either way.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, supercurio said:

You can make the XT60 to GX-16 5 pins or GX-20 4 pins

What does the Master have? I know our 100v wheels are GX -16 5.  Is the Master a GX-20 4 pin?

thanks

2 hours ago, chanman said:

Pack BMS should (keyword) prevent things from exploding if the wrong voltage is applied by cutting off the pack when the cells are overcharged or too much current is coming in but not a good thing either way.

Yes Begode BMS should stop when one cell group reaches 4.25. The S20 fire showed that it's best not to rely too heavily on BMS safeties tho isn't it.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, chanman said:

I think only one it two wheels have a charging current limit, and IIRC they were KS wheels. You can probably charge up any GW/BG at any amps you like, all the way up to blowing stuff up.

So did anyone see that recent unboxing and review showing how the handle popped up repeatedly after a decently small drop? And the tail light seems like it will break if you look at it wrong. Is there any chance these problems will be fixed before they start getting shipped out? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spooner said:

So did anyone see that recent unboxing and review showing how the handle popped up repeatedly after a decently small drop? And the tail light seems like it will break if you look at it wrong. Is there any chance these problems will be fixed before they start getting shipped out? 

It would be fantastic if those are the only note worthy problems! It's nothing a roll of tape + foam/3D printed bumper won't fix. These things are always a requirement if you own any Gotway/Begode wheels. Not a high chance these will be addressed, but even if it is, we won't know until they ship out a batch with the "fixes".

• Like 2

welllll..... I don't hate it. But it looks like your pad placement fore-aft is limited. I do favor black on black over trying to add more red. The suspension linkage on its own is enough for me. I wonder if the 'bumper/kickstand' will keep the rainhat from tearing?

Go makers go!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looking at that pic I don't think I could fit the mike leahy Clark pads in there. I like those because I can move around a lot before hitting the pads, but my feet stay on when I'm bouncing down the trail.

Only touching the front pads when ya really need to. I don't like feeling stuck front to back.

• Like 1

The fairings come in multiple colors on Clark’s website but they don’t look finished. I’d like it to come all the way down and molded better around the bottom pad. Also, maybe remove some material in the front for more area to move the torque pad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just watched the Jimmy Chang video and my hype is a bit deflated.

• The entire top is just cheap foam and super thin plastic. A complete, closed metal box would be much nicer (and watertight). Put the foam on top of that!
  • The suspension is built so the shock has barely any leverage? No wonder you have to pump it up fully to deal with normal rider weights. I wonder if this wheel even works for heavier riders. Looks to me like the suspension geometry could be much better. Is this kind of narrow suspension geometry normal?
  • Like 3