Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

• onkeldanuel changed the title to Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

The specs looks nice, although I'm so skeptical of Begode build quality now, they have a lot to prove in that department.

With this type of design how do you mount pads ? There is no surface area for it. :O

Edit: Also with those pedals you can easily shave off almost 1kg swapping to Clark Pedals or Nylonove. 🥳🎉

Edited by Rawnei
Pedals
  • Like 3

The on paper numbers make this look like it could be a winner, but we'll need to see them actually execute it well in order to know for sure. They're listing adjustable dampening, but if they are cheaping out on the shock like they did with the hero, it'll be very disappointing. Personally I'm still leaning towards the S20 since the coil shock is my preference for the type of trail riding I do, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the power and torque the begode wheels can crank out. Feels kinda bad for anyone who ordered a hero at this point though, that's going to be one short lived product cycle.

Edited by Whalesmash

tech spec. looks promissing, better than Hero. 

But...with smaller and traditional engine 2800w with axle (like in commander) it would have better range, much better reliability, maybe lower price also.

We have now too many voltages in euc. 100.8 is standard now. Ok, we have some fast chargers in reasonable price for this voltage. 

But to 116v, 126v, now 134v - where to buy any fast charger ? Owner of this wheel will have no alternative for slow 3A charger. And without fast charger bigger distances are very problematic.

Edited by Greg X
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greg X said:

looks promissing, MUCH better than Hero.

But..... too many voltages now, 100.8 is standard now. Ok, we have some fast chargers in reasonable price. 

But to 116v, 126v, now 134v - where to buy any fast charger for such voltage ? Owner of this wheel will have no alternative for slow 3A charger. And without fast charger bigger distances are very problematic.

They actually sell a fully adjustable charger which allows for both custom voltage and amperage settings. Some guys in boston have them and one of my buddys bought one. Things sweet

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

They actually sell a fully adjustable charger which allows for both custom voltage and amperage settings. Some guys in boston have them and one of my buddys bought one. Things sweet

I have one too, up to 25A or up to 140V. I should review it. There are a few models some are annoying to use some better.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Greg X said:

could You give us some link of this chargers? Or at least photo?

If it is up to 25A and up to 140V - it must be huge and heavy as hell. I cannot imagine travelling with 4-5kg charger on my back....

I dont have any links or pictures but its really not that heavy, at the one my buddy got. Its not that large either. Its weighs under 10 lbs but even if it was 10 lbs its not really that kuch weight for a backpack. I routinely carry food and camera gear and emergency tools and a charger, my bag easily gets to be 20lbs

32 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

I routinely carry food and camera gear and emergency tools and a charger, my bag easily gets to be 20lbs

How much food to you bring? I might want to join your rides if it's any good... (canned goods, no beuno)

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

I have one too, up to 25A or up to 140V. I should review it. There are a few models some are annoying to use some better.

The only one I saw was limited to 100.8V output... you found a 140V model?

http://www.chargery.com/C10325.asp

AM-JKLWIOqG4IrHQw-oQvgCBtqOk5NZGU-xlVyXtMWwPNQB2GU6wRrAO0VXBvPKi_i8Om0n1GQ_KuV3e6OISdTsyw1BTDUu5zlXhE8TAMxa_wI0vv3oRKWKfq0Dz5ZmC5Tn2ak96IsAfAQ1TyiKAlBHnl7toDQ=w300-h293-no?authuser=0

1 hour ago, Greg X said:

If it is up to 25A and up to 140V - it must be huge and heavy as hell.

Power-limited to 1500W, so not 25A above 60V.

1 hour ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Iits really not that heavy, Its not that large either.  charger 10 lbs its not really that kuch weight 

oh man, charger 10lbs(4.5kg)....this is light for You? With some more equipment necessary for traveling It is torture for back, after many riding days. In my opinion 4,5kg charger is a joke. 

Now I have 1,8kg (3lbs) charger up to 10Amps and I can say it is maximum resonable weight to carry during long journey, for many days in backpack. Ok, maybe 2kg, but this is MAX. Everything over this limit is totally not suitable for taking with you.

Soooo, if super-high voltage means 5kg charger to carry then I can say ........bye bye newest models. 100.8v euc with 1.5kg fast charger is much more suitable then for long rides.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, Miko.cz said:

people are sceptical with KS-S20 and 126V but not with the combination of 134V and Begode (Gotway)?

Well, no first-batch EUC should be trusted :D

With increased voltage, we want to hear answers about how the controller will survive. Components with higher ratings, etc.
Master 134V seems to have answered it immediately, by announcing multiple FETs in series (imo).
S20 126V, we have no information yet.

If the controller is not good, the EUC will cut out (exactly the situation that 100V Inmo V12 Batch1&2 are in currently).

Pack fires are not really a voltage topic. All cobalt-type Li-Ion cells will burn uncontrollably, if a high temperature is reached. Monitoring by the BMS can help prevent it from happening- by alerting you, preventing operation (e.g.: tiltback), or preventing recharging. The problem is not much better or worse with more cells in series.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:01 PM, Greg X said:

100.8v euc with 1.5kg fast charger is much more suitable then for long rides.

There is no >3kWh >100V EUC yet. So for maximum range, those 3600wh-class 100V EUC's will remain for at least another year.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(FETs aren't in series)
  • Like 3

About charging, what would be the expected max charge rate for the Master 134V?

I'm guessing 2x3A = 6A, in line with the new Begode BMS limitations.
So that would be up to 806.4W at max voltage, the same as 8A charging on a 100.8V wheel.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Certainly not a mass-market answer... but nice that the hackers found a solution for themselves :)

One could also adjust a bit below 101V from the LCD display. If using it with many wheels it might be tedious to re-adjust this for sure. In that case the other model which has a digital setting (set each time you power it on) might be a better option.

The unit I got was a bit better finished fortunately. But yeah, its definitely a hacked server PSU turned into an incredible power dense charger 😄

I'm sure it would work well with the Begode Master, but would it be worth if the charging speed is limited at 6A, hhmmmm.

140V charger

Edited by supercurio

6 minutes ago, supercurio said:

would it be worth if the charging speed is limited at 6A, hhmmmm

Limiting a 2400wh battery to 800w charging is just silly... hopefully Gotway comes to their senses. If not, the owners who actually care about it might choose to mod their BMS (adding another charging current sense resistor in parallel isn't much work and isn't much risk, assuming it's separate from the discharge circuits).

• Like 2