Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

Me three.

Near the end of the video, where there is more light and the euc is going up a flight of stairs, the wheel appears to be oscillating almost in unison with the body of the euc. There is hardly any relative motion between the two. The rider looked skilled enough and used his legs to absorb the bump energy well. Indeed, at least from what I can make out, there doesn't seemed to be much suspension action going on. I hoped that the cause is not due to improper suspension pivot design nor assembly. 

Edited by techyiam

At this point the large battery requirement isn't even for long range, it's just so we can achieve "normal" range at top speed. I think it's interesting how in terms of top performance wheels we've gone from "wow the 2400wh Monster battery is huge!" to now "2700Wh minimum 3600Wh preferred" :lol: at least it's a sign that progress is still being made. I agree on the tire choice though, baffling to me why it's now the default even on street wheels. Everyone I know who's bought a Begode recently has immediately swapped it for something better haha.

Edited by Nick McCutcheon
  • Like 3

I like the look of the Master. Not sure of their marketing though. Almost as if they sat around mid 2021 in one of those severe Chinese lockdowns and came up with a bunch of ideas then the lockdown was extended so they decided to build them all to fill in time.

But they need to work on the headlight.

worst euc headlight ever.png

12 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

GX20-4 is the same charge port as 84v gotways. What would happen if someone connected the 134v charger to an 84v wheel? Fireworks?

I believe 84v uses GX16-4, so this new connector is larger. It's basically a scaled up version of the GX16-4 plug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2022 at 8:04 PM, dangasaur said:

Not seeing a ton of suspension compression in that video or it just me?

I think it is just you. The range is there... it will be a question of whether it is controlled. Given previous suspension iterations I'd say probably not out of the box. But if it can be sorted then that is a start and eventually the manufacturers will copy what works.

topping out.png

Bottoming out.png

I don't understand why they insist on these heavy pedals as standard now, why not redesign them and make them a bit lighter? They are way too bulky at almost 2kg they could save a lot of weight on the pedals alone.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HotelOakland said:

This one is so close to the definition of high performance suspension wheel. I don't know why Begode doesn't wanna put minimum 2700wh battery and street tires on their new wheels.

Can someone tell how comes the conclusion that the master is mainly a street wheel? With a HT Motor, Suspension and a knobby tire...

I hope it will be a great Allround Wheel for on and Offroad and to me it seems that this will be the case/goal

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I don't understand why they insist on these heavy pedals as standard now, why not redesign them and make them a bit lighter? They are way too bulky at almost 2kg they could save a lot of weight on the pedals alone.

Because people insist on jumping and doing stairs and ripping offroad. For 200+ lb people, you need a strong pedal that will not crack under the abuse. Even gotways first iteration of the die cast design was cracking under the pressures so they had to switch them to a CNC version. Personally i love the gotway pedals, they feel sturdy and rugged and have the adjustable tilt angle. Well worth the extra pound or 2 if your a big guy 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Because people insist on jumping and doing stairs and ripping offroad. For 200+ lb people, you need a strong pedal that will not crack under the abuse. Even gotways first iteration of the die cast design was cracking under the pressures so they had to switch them to a CNC version. Personally i love the gotway pedals, they feel sturdy and rugged and have the adjustable tilt angle. Well worth the extra pound or 2 if your a big guy 

I've not heard of anyone cracking their Clark or Nylonove pedals and those are much lighter though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I've not heard of anyone cracking their Clark or Nylonove pedals and those are much lighter though.

Even if Clark and Nylonovo pedals are lighter and don't crack, perhaps you are ignoring cost constraints?

Ask yourself this: 

Why are $2000 downhill bicycles heavier than $7000 downhill bikes from any one manufacturer, and are probably not as tough?

I suppose it may make more sense once we can see how much is allocated for pedals in the BOM.

Edited by techyiam

On 1/25/2022 at 10:00 PM, EMA said:

Yeah, no visible suspension action in the stairs. That’s disappointing. Like the headlight, a tiny focused spot like that is a useless joke of a headlight.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

I’ve seen a few videos where Russians are able to simply kick the Nylonoves to point directly to the ground. Seems that they stretch and compress enough to overcome the bracket that should be holding them up. So they are definitely not suitable for hard core jumpers.

6 hours ago, DavidB said:

But they need to work on the headlight.

worst euc headlight ever.png

It's almost impressive they managed to get a focused beam from the horizontal array of individual lenses; it means someone paid attention to aligning them into a single point.
:roflmao: how dumb is that! 

Place your bets: will it be fixed in the production model to become a usable headlight? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

In these series of video, you can see how the non-adjustable power pads, which seem to be part of the shell prevent the rider to lean forward and bend knees.
And their shape is a straight line from bottom to top, which is guaranteed to hurt at the top when you press forward.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/posts/4787054011392524/

Just terrible ergonomics IMO.
Essentially, it will only work for tall people with long legs, wearing shin guards.

• Like 2

Thx for reply, i get your points and Share them mostly...i want to use Suspension in my local steep Hills on gravel here in the alps, but not only there ...so i think this Master is a really promising allrounder, especially with not that huge Suspension travel and some nice intermediate tire.....

I hat an RSHT which was really nice, now i have a V11 (again) and looking forward to one of the 3 (master, S20, perhaps v13?)

I have ridden all my latest Wheels with the c186 tire which i really like the most

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

especially with not that huge Suspension travel

@DavidB screengrabs appear to show a lot of travel in the suspension—which is great! I'm used to looking at the back to see how the shock articulates to gauge suspension action but that might not be the best indicator with this design.

12 hours ago, DavidB said:

topping out.png

Bottoming out.png

Edited by Tawpie

42 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

Yes Sure , i referred to the Masters 80mm travel vs S20 120mm

Slightly off topic, but the S20 uses a 240mm DNM Burner RCP 2S with 76mm of travel - why is King Song claiming the s20 has 44mm more travel then the suspension system it has?

Fwiw, I think the 'suspension cage," if that's a good enough name for the framing around the shock, definitely looks the most elaborate and robust in the s20. Heck for that matter the Hero also looks like it has a noticably bigger suspension cage with more to it than the Master's cage. Anyway I've done some research and the 750lb spring on the s20's suspension is kind of a rare and desired thing (it's hard to find this suspension without a 550lb spring), so in the end, it would be hard to imagine either Begode wheel outperforming the s20's suspension.

But why does King Song continue to exaggerate the travel by 44mm?

Screenshot_2022-01-27-14-52-45~01.png

• Like 1