Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension

I love gotway, and even still this announcement is ringing alarm bells. What battery cells are they planning on making this wheel with? Hopefully not the same LG m50t they’ve only used so far? 32s4p…. You’d have the same issue ewheels is planning on doing a recall for, but even worse!

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

What battery cells are they planning on making this wheel with? Hopefully not the same LG m50t

m50t is no longer used.

Current production is the new cell model 21700 M50LT, and Samsung. No EUC fires for those yet... and pack current will be slightly lower for the same riding speed, due to higher voltage.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg X said:

oh man, charger 10lbs(4.5kg)....this is light for You? With some more equipment necessary for traveling It is torture for back, after many riding days. In my opinion 4,5kg charger is a joke. 

Now I have 1,8kg (3lbs) charger up to 10Amps and I can say it is maximum resonable weight to carry during long journey, for many days in backpack. Ok, maybe 2kg, but this is MAX. Everything over this limit is totally not suitable for taking with you.

Soooo, if super-high voltage means 5kg charger to carry then I can say ........bye bye newest models. 100.8v euc with 1.5kg fast charger is much more suitable then for long rides.

When you weigh 135 pounds, a 10lb charger might "feel"heavy. But when you are hovering around 200, it is less about weight and more about form factor.

And form factor is answered by better packs or better use of said pack.

Weight is less concerning for larger people.

Edited by nosamplesplease
Or instead of of. Autocorrect.
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

s the Hero even out yet in mass market numbers? Is this essentially the Hero 2

AlienRides is pricing this $700.00 less than the Hero. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paradox said:

AlienRides is pricing this $700.00 less than the Hero. 

Nobody really liked the Hero, and... it's already replaced. Maybe the Hero won't ever really make it to mass production, unless they want to make a batch to sell now until the Master is ready.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, supercurio said:

Maybe the Hero won't ever really make it to mass production

They are showing in stock.  Some were produced.  HT version on sale.  HS not in stock yet.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Another week, another Begode model!

2400Wh is a bit small nowadays. 134V is cool. New board sounds interesting.

Is the Hero even out yet in mass market numbers? Is this essentially the Hero 2, because it looks like that? What's the EX2S for now? Will this be another half-baked wheel? (lol yes!)

Not sure what to think about it.

Agreed. The hero hasn't even really hit stock yet. Is this going to replace the EX2S?

For a company that sold effectively the same wheel for years (the MSX), I'm honestly quite surprised they're able to crank out these new wheel designs so quickly. Naturally I have to wonder if that means the quality will be bad as a result. Although the hero seemed like a step in the right direction.

9 minutes ago, wheelyboy said:

For a company that sold effectively the same wheel for years (the MSX), I'm honestly quite surprised they're able to crank out these new wheel designs so quickly. Naturally I have to wonder if that means the quality will be bad as a result. Although the hero seemed like a step in the right direction.

Now they are iterating on the Hero base design and engineering, and will likely for some time.

So far:

• Hero
  • EX2
  • EX2s renamed EX20s
  • Master 134V
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Another week, another Begode model!

2400Wh is a bit small nowadays. 134V is cool. New board sounds interesting.

Is the Hero even out yet in mass market numbers? Is this essentially the Hero 2, because it looks like that? What's the EX2S for now? Will this be another half-baked wheel? (lol yes!)

Not sure what to think about it.

Some people still prefer 3600wh 100v over 2400wh 132v, if they really use the range often enough. 

But 10A-1320w charging from 20% (~500wh left) to 80% (~1900wh) in 1h, would be interesting for even many long range lovers (even if it could mean stopping for a recharge every 2h on a very long trip). 

I'm getting an EX20S myself and I don't think I'd change it for the Master since I plan to do +100km long rides in 1 charge.

Looking forward to the Master Pro 4800wh in a few months though :P

Edited by Jean eRide.ie Community

In the end, a better looking, cheaper(!!), better-in-every-respect Hero is a step in the right direction. That's what the Master is.

If only I had any trust in good build quality, waterproofing, etc with these wheels released in rapid succession...

The 134.4V board will be interesting to look at! 24 MOSFETs, where do you even put them all?

52 minutes ago, supercurio said:

EX2s renamed EX20s

Is this a joke or real? I can't tell nowadays. EX20S vs. S20 by King Song... :huh:

• Like 2

It's only missing a handle for carrying up stairs/curbs, and a mudguard to protect your pants/shoes.

Like the issue with the S20, they better be using very good cells for this kind of power draw.

Now if it has a smart BMS, then it'd be pretty darn perfect. If the S20 has one, then that's a great advantage.

Edited by alcatraz

Like i posted in the S20 thread: a delayed wheel can finally be awesome, a rushed wheel will forever be flawed.

I hope for Gotway that they take the time needed to work the kinks out before rushing it to production. All my performance wheels have been Gotway (or Begode, if you want) Wheels so far, and for sure i love my Gotway wheels.

14 hours ago, supercurio said:

@GoGeorgeGo @RagingGrandpa @Greg X

Rated to 2300W and you can adjust the voltage and current to your liking (including beyond the max rated current most likely)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000494992858.html
I got the 140V version, but I was told by the seller it can also output higher current than 15A at lower voltage. Not that I might need that soon 😅

Really interesting find! I think there should be a separate thread for this, I've not seen a charger with such voltage and current capability in such a light and small form factor.

First off, I'm interested if all the options use the same size case - like does the 0-120v 15A version use a smaller case than the 2-140v 15A. They only list one size on the website but it seems a little odd. also the sizing seems strange given the pics of the unit - a width of 100mm and depth of 83mm yet the width looks far more than the depth!

Interesting unit though I have to say :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nosamplesplease said:

When you weigh 135 pounds, a 10lb charger might "feel"heavy. But when you are hovering around 200, it is less about weight and more about form factor.

And form factor is answered by better packs or better use of said pack.

Weight is less concerning for larger people.

This is a great point i hadnt even really considered. Being a 6' 200lb person i often forget that im actually on the larger side of humans. Carry weight to body weight ratio is certainly a major factor in pack weight

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greg X said:

price 2900usd is very nice, we got here a lot for resonable price. Much cheaper than s20, Hero and even than ExN.

If it turns out to be reliable euc - with such a price it can be bestseller.

Totally agree.

About $1k more than a V11 or S18 and you get a bump in range and speed but keep the suspension.  I think this is exactly what the S20 is targeting and maybe the V13?  Could end up being a three-way race among the Master, S20, and V13 which is a ton of upside for consumers.