King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

Because I would like to see what the limits of a wheel are and what they are capable of (if you are able to).

Someone who can compare well because he has many wheels is good, but if the wheels are never used to their full potential, this comparison is missing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Until such time as we get a single tester who can deal with all the parameters themselves, the next best thing is to ship test wheels to each person to do their particular 'thing' and then leave it for us as buyers to pick up the bones from each and assemble them into an 'overall' picture of the wheel.

What you state here is really accurate, but there will never be one rider that can conclusively cover all the varying test scenario's.  The way that eWheels sends wheels around the current circuit to all the different guy's works brilliantly IMHO.  Every person has their own differing environment and preferences on how they individually like to ride/test the wheels.  The data that we get to collate from all their individual comments, once gathered together, pretty much covers every likely scenario and would be impossible for one person alone to achieve!  Not everyone likes to ride "fast", not everyone likes to ride "off-road", not everyone rides in the "city", not everyone rides an EUC to "commute" etc. etc.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

@PlanemoI couldn't agree with you more! It wasn't general, either. But the S18 is a wheel for another purpose in my eyes and has neither in NYC nor at Marty its best test environment. So why should it be with Marty first?

This was the point of my question.

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

The S18 Final Production run is getting closer to having the finished product ready now!

107084290_2661588784064084_8106403911334

107662473_1895292020607880_3933915759562

107263739_1895292030607879_8193955003117

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

S18 Production sneak peak

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Planemo said:

Anyone who says that isn't bad ass is either blind or mentally unsound.

The faux gold doesn’t look good. Brassy is the word for it (meaning tastelessly showy, not as a description of the color, even though that fits too).

Silver looked better.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RoCan said:

Reminds me of a scene out of i-robot. Let’s hope these mechanical beasts don’t turn against us and knock us off our perch. :)

Yes, we must remember to never give them eyes lol.

were looking at you Inmotion 👀 be careful with the A.I. 😳😂😶

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Noel said:

I think I may have ordered the only black one

I ordered the black one, which is significantly more bad ass than the white version. The bad assness is even higher if we were the only who ordered it in black. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

The faux gold doesn’t look good. Brassy is the word for it (meaning tastelessly showy, not as a description of the color, even though that fits too).

Silver looked better.

Got to disagree, but I will agree with you that it’s not gold - but I don’t think of it as gold, and I think the majority of people who see it wouldn’t call it gold either. Perhaps I’m just weird. Looks like a cross of a bronze and a lighter tan...a metallic light bronze?