King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

The other cool feature is that the software unlocked hidden 100 watt speakers!  .

Great futuristic dream. ;)

50203436238_24d7690616_b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feynman said:

I'm curious if your handles lock in the fully down zero position? 

Mine does not. Do both sides of your telescopic handle lock in securely in the first click ‘carry position’?

While more battery & range is always better, I'm pretty stoked with the 40 miles range achieved by @Flyboy10. That's mighty impressive & is more range than most of the MTB trails I've my eyes on. I'm more interested in how good the suspension is & how much further it can be improved.

I'm sure in due course, there'll be plenty of ppl who'll experiment on aftermarket shocks to bring in to the next level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

While more battery & range is always better, I'm pretty stoked with the 40 miles range achieved by @Flyboy10. That's mighty impressive & is more range than most of the MTB trails I've my eyes on. I'm more interested in how good the suspension is & how much further it can be improved.

I'm sure in due course, there'll be plenty of ppl who'll experiment on aftermarket shocks to bring in to the next level.

Check his weight.  For heavier guys the range will be much smaller.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Check his weight.  For heavier guys the range will be much smaller.

I hear ya. He's 155 & I'm about 10lbs heavier. In fighting weight, I should be less so I don't think I will get much less range. 

To be honest, I was expecting 30 miles so anything over & above is a huge bonus.

• Like 1

I'm still on 2.03, and prefer being able to ride with the handle up.. I drop this thing enough as it is.

I gave in and glued the mudflap in place.  So far so good.

This thing is too much fun.  So is the OneWheel.  Anyone trying to decide should definitely get both... lol. 

I started a Youtube channel where I'll post garbage that very few people will want to see.  But that may include some of you guys.  There will be actual riding content... The gopro is supposed to be delivered Tuesday... 😁  But in the meantime, here goes...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS1i8wV00mtteDk-uirvryg

Next up, we need an offroad EUC with a 5" tire and 6" of suspension travel...  Hey @Jack King Song, hit me up!  Skiers want this - I promise.  I'll gladly be your crash test dummy!

Here's a little OneWheel stoke for the weekend. Off topic?  It was shot from my S18 if that helps...  🤔

Edited by ColoradoQuattro

7 hours ago, fbhb said:

How stable is the S18!!??  Doesn't even need it's rider aboard!

That’s hilarious! 

50205172768_5abfc4338a_b.jpg

Reminds me of @Hirsute.

50206024602_bf7765048f_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

I hear ya. He's 155 & I'm about 10lbs heavier. In fighting weight, I should be less so I don't think I will get much less range. 

To be honest, I was expecting 30 miles so anything over & above is a huge bonus.

FWIW I'm 250lb and get 40+mi on my Z10 with its 995WH battery.

Edited by Feynman
I can't punctuate
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Scottie888 said:

I'm 140lbs and rode 38 miles with an average of 15 mph (city driving) and had 20% battery left. Max speed 25 a few times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Feynman said:

FWIW I'm 250lb and get 40+mi on my Z10 with its 995WH battery.

I manage 100 miles with 78kg rider weight on my 16X, with tail wind probably 300, if it is strong enough. But if I want to have a little more fun without the help of a tornado, it is suddenly only 40 miles max. Now stop trying to talk yourself into believing that the battery capacity is high enough. :whistling:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I manage 100 miles with 78kg rider weight on my 16X, with tail wind probably 300, if it is strong enough. But if I want to have a little more fun without the help of a tornado, it is suddenly only 40 miles max. Now stop trying to talk yourself into believing that the battery capacity is high enough. :whistling:

Not sure what your point is.  I ride 30mi bike trail all the time and have 30 - 40% battery left on the Z10.  I'm not a speed demon.  Maybe I average 18 - 20 mph.

16 minutes ago, Feynman said:

Not sure what your point is.  I ride 30mi bike trail all the time and have 30 - 40% battery left on the Z10.  I'm not a speed demon.  Maybe I average 18 - 20 mph.

This means that you can talk yourself into the range if you want. Fact is simple, that a 1100wh battery in a 2200+Watt wheel is simply too small for today's conditions. 

6 minutes ago, Steef Klonoa said:

A little more would be nice, but that works for me. Esp. If you're trail riding on it, you'll get plenty of distance there.

That's true, but not everyone has the trails right in front of their front door and if I have to ride even e.g. 10 km the whole thing looks different again, if I don't want to go there with 15-20 mph. I also have to go back and that with a nearly empty battery in slow motion is no fun. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 3

Just now, buell47 said:

This means that you can talk yourself into the range if you want. Fact is simple, that a 1100wh battery in a 2200+Watt wheel is simply too small for today's conditions. 

40mi is plenty for me.  I assume my Nikola will go pretty far (2100WH), but it's so damn uncomfortable to ride the longest I've gone is 26mi and that almost killed me.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:16 PM, dsd317 said:

While I'm waiting for my S18 to arrive, I guess I should order a fast charger too.

Is this the one you ordered:  https://www.ewheels.com/product/ewheels-84-2v-rapid-chargers/

Are there any risks to the battery by using a fast charger? Is it bad to switch between using the fast charger and regular 2.5amp charger? I'm thinking about buying one.