King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

3 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

Good morning everyone

So I uploaded a video. If anyone can help..

I've seen the kuji videos and one from u-stride, and they do both seem to have nice rebounds. But not mine... Why..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NUbTBtsyXB7LQUuT9

That looks fully compressed to me - like it doesn't have any more travel to move.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feynman said:

Still looks like it's stuck in the compressed position.  When I'm not standing on mine the shock is fully extended and almost entirely inside the EUC body.  

Weird indeed.

4 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

Thanks

Now with way less psi.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XLjoEuWbBcy4mLZq5

Im not own S18 for me is tinny battery.

1: Anyway what if you pump is just broken and show you stupid/bad/inacurate numbers.

2: mybee you shock just leak air dont know try other pump is cheapest solution.

Yeah I was able to find a setting doing about those positions. But when you ride, does it do the job ?

I mean. Mine does help (a bit)  while stepping down a sidewalk, but I do feel all the road bumps the exact same as with every other wheels. It marginally smoothens them in way it is imperceptible..

I ride it backwards to have the suspension if front of me to see if it moves. And it doesn't move at all when I ride. I expected it to be playful

1 minute ago, Eric plam said:

Yeah I was able to find a setting doing about those positions. But when you ride, does it do the job ?

I mean. Mine does help (a bit)  while stepping down a sidewalk, but I do feel all the road bumps the exact same as with every other wheels. It marginally smoothens them in way it is imperceptible..

I ride it backwards to have the suspension if front of me to see if it moves. And it doesn't move at all when I ride. I expected it to be playful

I live off of a bumpy gravel road.  I do still feel the bumps, but it's much less jarring than on my Z10.  It doesn't make them disappear, though.

Just now, Feynman said:

I live off of a bumpy gravel road.  I do still feel the bumps, but it's much less jarring than on my Z10.  It doesn't make them disappear, though.

I know I know 

I don't expect magic. But I thought it would smoothen a bit more without me having to jump on it every time for the suspension to do their job.

I mean when I'm on it and after a first jump. The suspension seems to stay down and no way it would absorb bumps..

I then prefer a nice Nikola and use my knees as supsension.

Too bad, because it is a nice looking wheel.

But that doesn't justify the price tag in my opinion 

7 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

My suspension definitely moves.  It even feels a bit squishy to me.  I need to play with it to make it a little more rigid.  

It still sounds like your shock isn't working right to me.  It might be worth $80 to pick up a new one to test out.  You could always resell it if you decide to sell the wheel.

Edited by Feynman

3 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

I know I know 

I don't expect magic. But I thought it would smoothen a bit more without me having to jump on it every time for the suspension to do their job.

I mean when I'm on it and after a first jump. The suspension seems to stay down and no way it would absorb bumps..

I then prefer a nice Nikola and use my knees as supsension.

Too bad, because it is a nice looking wheel.

But that doesn't justify the price tag in my opinion 

Well, it's clear that something is wrong. Your S18 doesn't behave as the others do. Try this: Pump both chambers, write the numbers from the pump. Jump on it, then attach the pump again and write the pressure. And then post all the 4 numbers here with a clear description which chamber is at what pressure (upper/lower, or something like that, to avoid a confusion which one is positive/negative).

• Like 1

You think?

Maybe I'll try reaching out to ewheels first for warranty purposes. Watch out for your pedal hangers..

Any possibility to shoot a video of your wheel while standing, jumping hard, and a little? Soni can compare.

I've tried looking for videos that shows exactly the suspension going, but can't find one..

Just uploaded a slightly less-shitty video.  Slightly is the keyword.

Isn't the iphone pro 11 max supposed to have a good camera?  Obviously Apple lies.

Edited by Feynman
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Feynman said:

Just uploaded a slightly less-shitty video.  Slightly is the keyword.

Isn't the iphone pro 11 max supposed to have a good camera?  Obviously Apple lies.

Lol

Apple/kingsong, same disappointments!😂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I just started experimenting with 1/16” Kydex low temperature plastic to protect the sides of my S18.  So far the process looks favorable for DIY’s.,

You do need to wear gloves when molding it  but the material became malleable at 225 degrees and did not stick to the side shell.

I have a large enough commercial 3D printer that I can make the shells for the S18.  If anyone has CAD skills or a 3D scanner and wants to send me an STL file, I'll make you a shell.

Edited by Feynman
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Eric plam said:

Me again with my problems.. I did one hour of offroading with the s18 and both of my pedal hangers (those tabs to keep the pedals folded up to the wheel) have broken! Another disappointment.. I didn't even ride it hard or made any dangerous moves..weird..

But I keep coming back to my suspension problem. I have no way to adjust it so it justifies the price tag and difference to any of my other wheels.

I saw again the kuji video. We clearly see the shock bounces up, especially the bottom part that moves. On mine the lower portion never moves. Never. Stuck in place all the time. Only the upper portion moves when I jump on it. It almost never moves when riding in uneven roads, grass etc. Only if I jump on it..

Again, any idea someone? Or I'll that wheel go to another person, as Shane did with it..

https://youtu.be/UXvnhsyyqrY

I also believe that the shock may be damaged. It should not stick in the compressed position as long as the upper pressure is twice the bottom. 

My pedal springs broke first day. I printed new ones in plastic. I did not expect them to last long however they are still working fine two weeks later. (Better than one day) I will finish the design and place them on Thingiverse Hopefully tonight. PM me with your US address and I will ship a set out to you. No promise on how long they will last. 

• Like 2

I know this might seem obvious or not, but did you ensure you're pumping pressure into the shock, you have to engage the pin by pulling out the leaver once it's screwed on. Looks like there's no pressure in there. Either that or its just not holding the pressure. 

2 hours ago, Eric plam said:

Good morning everyone

So I uploaded a video. If anyone can help..

I've seen the kuji videos and one from u-stride, and they do both seem to have nice rebounds. But not mine... Why..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NUbTBtsyXB7LQUuT9

Also, rusty screws already :( and clips breaking. Goddamnit kingsong, you're killing us. 

Edited by Daniel Hollinghurst

2 minutes ago, Daniel Hollinghurst said:

I know this might seem obvious or not, but did you ensure you're pumping pressure into the shock, you have to engage the pin by pulling out the leaver once it's screwed on. Looks like there's no pressure in there. Either that or its just not holding the pressure. 

Thanks for the advice but what do you mean by pulling out the leaver?

Thanks

Just now, Eric plam said:

Thanks for the advice but what do you mean by pulling out the leaver?

Thanks

On your pump, the ones I've seen online you screw them in there's a little leaver at the end that moves a pin inside. The pin needs to be pushing out to open the valve. 

The pump that comes with the S18 doesn't have that lever, it just has a standard screw on anti-air-loss connector.

It would seem your shock is defective, it isn't actually getting pumped up right somehow (pump not actually on all the way?), or rebound is set to the slowest setting.

1 minute ago, redfoxdude said:

The pump that comes with the S18 doesn't have that lever, it just has a standard screw on anti-air-loss connector.

It would seem your shock is defective, it isn't actually getting pumped up right somehow (pump not actually on all the way?), or rebound is set to the slowest setting.

Which chamber ensures the shock to put be back up? The main or negative chamber?

3 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Oh :( yeh maybe screw it on harder, perhaps try pushin down on the valve a few times to see if you can get air to escape. If not maybe the pumps crap and it's not getting air in. 

Edited by Daniel Hollinghurst

11 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

Which chamber ensures the shock to put be back up? The main or negative chamber?

The main, upper chamber. The negative chamber assists compression. And the rebound wheel is all the way anti-clockwise?