King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

14 minutes ago, Scottie888 said:

Absolutely! It would be great & likely generate a lot of goodwill amongst Kingsong fans & would be fans if the company listens to its customers. Afterall, we're not just customers but infact volunteer guinea pigs by pre-ordering your new unproven products. It would be soooo easy to say lets wait til all the bugs are worked out 1st.

So @Jack King Song please listen to your customers (infact I'm a 1st time Kingsong buyer) so that we can help you build a great product to not only keep your present customer base happy but also bring in a new generation of Kingsong fans.

I couldn’t agree more!  There is market share to be had with this move. This will attract the Gotway rider (except for the extreme ones) and INMOTION already took the leap. No reason why we can’t have the same and still keep safety a priority!  Just limit it at 75% battery if worried or 60% battery (my best case scenario) and advertise this going forward. 4mph is all I’m asking for. 

if we can’t have the battery...let’s at least get the speed. 

Edited by EUChristian
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Obviously a S18 style suspension can be made to work better than a V11 style suspension. That has been clear from the start. But isn’t comparing just a single element of a vehicle a bit pointless? It’s not like we can install the S18 suspension on any other wheel.

What point are you trying to prove here? 

2 hours ago, UniVehje said:

You might be underestimating the amount of unsprung weight on the S18. Both of these wheels have a lot of it compared to bicycles. The S18 has the same motor as the 16X, which is 10.4 kg, add bigger tire and rim plus pedal hangers and some suspension parts and you are at 12-14 kg, just more than half of the total weight of the wheel. The batteries are really not that heavy compared to the motor. 

So you say the difference is negligible because its its like 12kg vs 20kg? :D

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

when you’re shown

The problem is you didnt. You just continued on ignoring what i just said. :facepalm:

Im not ridiculing anyone. 

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Read again. He said “you might be underestimating”. It has a different meaning than “negligible”.

So he said what i said but he said it like i didnt say it. Interesting. :popcorn:

30 minutes ago, HerotheCat said:

As does mine. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve!!!

After Christmas was delayed a week. :popcorn:

Just remember that getting the suspension dialed in is a process. The wheel has many adjustments that take time to adjust ( suspension and pedal hight) along with the regular things like tire pressure and foot position. It took me several days to get mine the way I like it. Also it does better with the big bumps than the smaller ones. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

After Christmas was delayed a week. :popcorn:

Just remember that getting the suspension dialed in is a process. The wheel has many adjustments that take time to adjust ( suspension and pedal hight) along with the regular things like tire pressure and foot position. It took me several days to get mine the way I like it. Also it does better with the big bumps than the smaller ones. 

You mean three weeks! A Tuesday delivery works well for a week-end ride. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HerotheCat said:

You mean three weeks! A Tuesday delivery works well for a week-end ride. 

The first two weeks were normal delay for a first addition wheel. I think early spring translates to end of summer in Chinese. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Early S18 owners - are you happy with your purchase and is it living up to your expectations? 

I've been super happy with mine, but have nothing to compare it to.  I picked it over the V11 on the basis of the suspension design, and the fact that I will never ride this thing at 30mph.  For what I'm doing with it, it's been awesome.  Very nimble, and I'm starting to get the "skiing" feel that I was hoping for while riding it in and out of pot holes, drainage ruts, over rocks, etc.  I think I've got it up to the point where I can take some video to post.  Possible teaser for tomorrow or maybe later in the week.   

4 hours ago, Feynman said:

Who cares about any of that ^^^.   My S18 ARRIVES TODAY!!!!!

Congrats!  That is awesome!  What's your first mission?

4 hours ago, Feynman said:

Who cares about any of that ^^^.   My S18 ARRIVES TODAY!!!!!

Nice!  Do you have any nice trails to test this beast out?

I'm in Sugar Land, and if all goes well, I should receive mine mid-end of August (hopefully sooner).  I'll be testing this at bike trails in my area.  Can't wait!