King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

1 hour ago, Feynman said:

To each their own.  I think it's ugly as heck.  Up there with my Roomba errr I mean Nikola.  Best looking wheel ever is the Z10.  S18  might be the new king, though  

I own all three that you speak of and I don’t think the S 18 is as good looking as a V 11. The Z10....meh. It’s ok I guess. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

KingSong seems to be rather frantically pushing people to update the S18 firmware. I suspect there’s a dangerous bug they’re hiding.

This ^.  I suspect someone had the handle pop up while riding and took a dive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Feynman said:

I don't know why they would need to detect if the wheel was rolling or not when the handle was raised, then.

If the handle comes up when making a big jump and then you come to a stop and stand on the wheel. You don't want it to cut out at that point. So it's important to detect if the handle was lifted before it's at stand still. What they're trying to prevent now is a scenario where the handle has been up for lifting and the rider forgets to close it. Then the wheel feels like its balancing but is really not. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

Is this how this forum always is?  Which wheel is better?  Funny because if one wheel were the best or one company was the best why are the other ones still around?  Funny how we have short memories too - one mishap with a cutout and it’s all over?  If that’s the case, why are people still riding GotWay?  I’m not even going to scratch the surface of how many errors they have had on new wheels, with Kingsong not far behind...

This forum is downright peaceful and polite compared to other e-skate and OneWheel groups.  LMAO.  I love Chooch's videos, but at the end of the day I don't want to get 45mph on an EUC, plus I love the 16x; so it was an easy choice for me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Feynman said:

This forum is downright peaceful and polite compared to other e-skate and OneWheel groups.  LMAO.  I love Chooch's videos, but at the end of the day I don't want to get 45mph on an EUC, plus I love the 16x; so it was an easy choice for me.

Yes, respecting each other and their opinion is the way it should be.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Feynman said:

Agreed! edit for bad information. 

Edited by EUChristian
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, EUChristian said:

Also Duf just sold his V11 to buy an S18. Unsure why he would sell the best suspension wheel in order to get the runner-up? Lol

No, he said that he sold two wheels and that his V11 went back to the dealer for repair/change, so he sent away three wheels in a week.

3 minutes ago, Zopper said:

No, he said that he sold two wheels and that his V11 went back to the dealer for repair/change, so he sent away three wheels in a week.

My mistake!  Rewatched the video. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, eve said:

It does Jack. In offroad situations and some actual roads are tilted sometimes and that 45 degree angle cut off is just a lottery for experience riders and provides no safety for new riders. 

The angle cut-off is there when you crash so your wheel doesnt spin out of control and injure someone or do damage to someones property. I see no other reason for it. 

And what could a beginner do with a 60 degree angle cut off? Nothing. He would ride the same way as usual and no difference noticed. 

Am i missing something here?

No I think you are correct. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EUChristian said:

Even if this is the case With suspension (and I don’t believe it is, since Chooch weighs basically nothing)

Its not people just dont have enough iQ to listen to what Chooch is saying. 

He said "I would take the V11 over S18 ON THIS TRACK!" 

Sadly they only heard "I would take the V11 over S18!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EUChristian said:

More a response to Atlas...if you go over to the INMOTION thread you will see suddenly all fanboys are out justifying their purchase and stating that “the case is closed” on which is better....

That’s how humans are in general. I think what feeds the current fanboyism you mention is that for months now several people have repeatedly brought up how the V11 suspension is a failure by design, and because of the inferior suspension it is unsuitable for serious off-roading. Some of us have been certain that it’s not the case, and now a known and very skilled off-roader finally proves the naysayers wrong. 

Beyond having a suspension at all the S18 and V11 are quite different wheels for target groups that are now starting to form shape. I’m sure most buyers in either camp can’t really even consider the other wheel since it wouldn’t be a worthwhile purchase for them, be it for visual, theoretical, or range related reasons.

“It only took $5 worth of padding to close the gap”

This too was a direct response to a certain user claiming how the V11 simply can’t even entertain the idea of jump pads.

I still do not like the design, I still do not like the look and I still do not like having a furniture slider as the kuji pad.

Just like I said. For many people the other wheel is not even a choice.

If that’s the case, why are people still riding GotWay?

Riding an EUC is an emotional experience, and humans tend to shape their values and try to find practical reasoning to fit a choice they have made, even its made for aesthetical reasons only. Or the lust for speed. If GWs hadn’t been faster than the rest, the issues wouldn’t have been forgotten as easily, and GW perhaps wouldn’t even exist anymore.

If all V11 and S18 specs were swapped, I’m sure I too would do anything to start seeing the S18 as a good looking wheel. One tends to feed one’s fanboyism like that.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Some of us have been certain that it’s not the case, and now a known and very skilled off-roader finally proves the naysayers wrong. 

We have been certain V11 will be a good offroader from the start but not on extremely rough terrain.

Im not a fanboy for either but V11 is a cruiser with a good motor and a decent suspension. 
That makes it a very good off-roader on some trails while a bad one on others. 

The thing is. Before suspension nobody even tried riding bad ones. S18 can handle almost all. V11 can handle some. 

But lets not pretend that S18 is a good purchase in Europe atleast. 2200€ is price noone should pay for this wheel. Definetly not. 

Well 1899usd is not a good price either but considering its a new wheel ill let that pass.

But the pricing in Europe is just pure bs. 

I asked at Speedy Feet. Why is the S18 priced the same as V11 at your shop? The answer was: Why not?

Says a lot.

Edited by eve
  • Like 3