WaveCut

I'm admire InMotion to have the courage to push things further ....
all other brands should evaluate their EUC product line

GW rush to launch an MSP with one thing in mind (actually two) .... SPEED and light.
that sound box left unprotected !??!....troley/pedals and so on.
other innovative things has been postponed yet again.

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 1

I hope InMotion can get some review samples out well before June.

For me, range is a priority, so unless this EUC has a super efficient motor its probably not going to be my next upgrade. I expect the 75 miles range to translate to 35 miles in real life use and I would really be looking for at least 50-60 miles real world range. If I had a collection of EUCs, then I would definitely buy one of these as its unique and looks awesome.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

InMotion CEO has talked about using AI to adapt the EUC to different riding conditions in real-time. It's not unthinkable to consider real-time adaptive suspension like found in the Tesla Model S and X. InMotion are thinking big, the V11 is the first step in this process.

Personally, I prefer a reliable EUC that works predictably, so I'm not a big fan of AI, but InMotion is targeting the development of much more advanced (and complicated) EUCs.

Do you wish to pay $5000 for your next EUC? All technology comes at a cost and for most of us we have our limits and for me that's closer to $2000 preferably less.

Edited by Nic
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, shinysideup said:

IMO, the suspension is probably overcomplicating one of the best thugs about the EUC. Basic elegance. So few moving parts.

Maybe they'll produce a cheaper version of this wheel without the suspension, maybe just having a flat mudguard that can be used instead of the stand and perhaps a lower power light that could auto dim for oncoming traffic or aeroplanes (Jason's suggestion). That would then weigh less and hopefully be more in my price range. I do love the look of the wheel though.

9 minutes ago, Nic said:

Do you wish to pay $5000 for your next EUC? All technology comes at a cost and for most of us we have our limits and for me that's closer to $2000 preferably less.

For me, it depends on the value I'm getting for $5000. If it can get me from LA to NY in an hour, then yes $5000 is worth it ;P

I'm happy InMotion is pushing the technology. There will always be a budget category for a larger marketshare.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Curious what the 18"x3" tire actually measures in diameter. (Is it closer to a Nikola/16X or 18XL?--I would guess the former.)

I don’t see how an 18x3 tire could measure closer to a 16x3 than to a 18x2.5. MSX has a 18x3 tire as well, I’m pretty sure this will be very close in size. So a bit larger than a 18x2.5.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AtlasP said:
  • Not seeing any mention here of arguably the single-most-significant advancement introduced--a BMS system which allows one whole pack to fail while still operating using the remaining pack! That is a safety feature the likes of which has never been seen.

I agree, the BMS is impressive. I just hope that they've solved the issues that Ninebot had with their Smart-BMS system: voltage leaks resulting in shipping dead wheels and regenerative braking only affecting one battery pack.

It was hard to understand in the presentation whether InMotion's V11 BMS will give cell-level information or pack-level information. It would be amazing if individual cell information could be reported, making repairs on bad cells much less expensive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I don’t see how an 18x3 tire could measure closer to a 16x3 than to a 18x2.5. MSX has a 18x3 tire as well, I’m pretty sure this will be very close in size. So a bit larger than a 18x2.5.

All the current 16x3" wheels are really 17.25" in diameter. Meanwhile the Z10 was stated as 18x4.1" and is really 17.5" in diameter. With this being advertised as 18x3" it could very well be in the same 17.25-17.5" ballpark as those others--in fact it likely is.

By contrast the KS18XL is 18.5x2.5" and the MSX is not-quite-19.5"x3".

(These measurements were all by Marty Backe--which aside of the methodology used, should at least be internally consistent in order to provide gross relative comparisons.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

Lots of good comments in here and I'll try not to rehash anything that's been said a few times already:

• InMotion bringing an 18x3 is great.  Each of the three major mfrs seems to have their own flavor so bringing this flavor into the high end is a good thing.
  • The price seems a little steep given the specs.  Hopefully the innovations make up for the lack of raw specs (like battery size/range).
  • High end active cooling appeals to me as someone who lives in a very hot climate.  The hill climbing ability is good for where I live as well.
  • The kickstand looks cheap AF and if it comes loose during riding (like when hitting a big bump or something) it'll swing right into the tire and cause problems.  This seems like the kind of thing I'd take off on day 1, just as a safety issue.
  • I can't help but think that, between the shape and the extra bits like suspension and cooling, this thing might not take crashes very well.  Lots more parts to break and pay to repair.

Overall, I'm optimistic to see how this thing performs in the real world.  Specs don't always tell the whole story!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Not seeing any mention here of arguably the single-most-significant advancement introduced--a BMS system which allows a whole pack to fail while still operating using the remaining pack(s)! That is a safety feature the likes of which has never been seen.

Great point! Easy to miss these important details while focusing on the spec numbers. 

• Like 3

Just now, Stillhart said:
  • The kickstand looks cheap AF and if it comes loose during riding (like when hitting a big bump or something) it'll swing right into the tire and cause problems.  This seems like the kind of thing I'd take off on day 1, just as a safety issue.

This depends on the specifics of the design and how well tested it was. I can see ways of designing the latch that would make it practically impossible to accidentally deploy. It does need to be light weight. Features like this should not add excessive weight.

• Like 1