WaveCut

13 minutes ago, AtlasP said:
  • Given that InMotion has achieved IP55+ ratings on all their wheels, presumably this will be the world's first 31 mph wheel with an IP55+ rating/the current fastest IP55+ rated wheel on the market.

The waterproofing on their other wheels was certainly very good but if they have large vents for cooling running through the wheel then I'm curious how this wheel will keep waterproof. They seemed to added a lot of cooling to this particular wheel - is it to cool the new 12 mosfet motherboard or the new headlamp?

13 minutes ago, AtlasP said:
  • People here criticizing the launch event--seriously? When was the last time Gotway or King Song did a publicly accessible launch event in English with as much detail? We should be applauding the effort and holding the other manufacturers to at least the same standard first.

I think people have been very even handed especially considering we didn't even get to see the new wheel moving. Hopefully video of the wheel in action will get released shortly.

3 minutes ago, AtlasP said:
  • Not seeing any mention here of arguably the single-most-significant advancement introduced--a BMS system which allows a whole pack to fail while still operating using the remaining pack(s)! That is a safety feature the likes of which has never been seen.

It's a nice consideration, but is that really addressing a common reason for cut-out?

I think of cut-out as a problem typically originating from broken wires or damaged semiconductors... packs degrade over time.
And letting a user begin a ride with one pack failed seems worse than not beginning...

I just saw on their youtube InMotion confirmed this uses 21700 cells, which I believe then makes this the first 84v wheel using 21700 cells? (I believe all of the other Gotway wheels using 21700 cells were 100v.)

Based on the diagram then it looks like 20s4p or 80x21700. Does that make any sense/look right?

5 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

And letting a user begin a ride with one pack failed seems worse than not beginning...

FUD. It was stated that the app will let you diagnose which pack is malfunctioning, so if the BMS is capable of determining on that level then the wheel itself could and almost-certainly will give you audible alarms (just like it does for overheat/overvoltage/etc).

5 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

It's a nice consideration, but is that really addressing a common reason for cut-out? I think of cut-out as a problem typically originating from broken wires or damaged semiconductors... packs degrade over time.

I think a large number of mysterious cut-outs/perceived overleans may be due to a minorly-dodgy cell/pack which has gone undiagnosed which compromises the max power/lowers its failure threshold. More data on this front (from people being able to check individual pack health in the app, both in general but in particular after an accident) can only be a good thing.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

All the current 16x3" wheels are really 17.25" in diameter. Meanwhile the Z10 was stated as 18x4.1" and is really 17.5" in diameter. With this being advertised as 18x3" it could very well be in the same 17.25-17.5" ballpark as those others--in fact it likely is.

How the diameter value of a tire that follows the bicycle standard (all standard EUC tires) is reformed, doesn’t really make it possible though. The Z10 has a custom order tire with a very low sidewall height, which lowers the outer diameter much below what these standard balloony tires are capable of.

We can see from the photos that the V11 has a regular profile 18x3” tire, just like the one on the MSX. I’m sorry but if you are hoping for a 16x3” sized tire, you will be disappointed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

I guess I'm in the minority here but I think it's an ugly looking thing.

No you’re not, i was just reading all the comments and thought hmm am i the only one who thinks this thing is so damn ugly. :roflmao:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

No you’re not, i was just reading all the comments and thought hmm am i the only one who thinks this thing is so damn ugly. :roflmao:

It looks a little bit like it's wearing a horse saddle, but I'm more concerned with how it rides.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I heard same thing about Z10 at first and again on the Nikola and again on KS16x. 

Thing is most people don't like chane in general. But once people get used to the new it becomes the "old" usual...

There are things I like a lot some that are okey and a few disappointment..(maybe).

First impression is very brief. On paper..so and so.In real world use..practicality...we really don't know anything yet. 

And to me practicality is what matters most. 

• Like 3

I wasn't impressed with the specs either. HOWEVER, something I was thinking about a few mins ago, is that they spec the wheel @50km/h

GW and KS spec theirs at 20mph.

Remember one thing is what the specs say, and a VERY DIFFERENT what the wheel can actually do.

Hoping to see some Russians do a scary speed test to know the reality.

:)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sebrios said:

Remember one thing is what the specs say, and a VERY DIFFERENT what the wheel can actually do.

Hoping to see some Russians do a scary speed test to know the reality.

I really would think twice about that...

Suspension have resonance frequency so you could end up in a really bad situation if you are unlucky. It is more than power delivery to worry about.