WaveCut

I often just ride around with no destination on my V10, I get 30km out of it usually, I think it’s a great idea for those like myself who just cruise for cruising sake. Give me a great option to turn on because I often play the ride, reset, ride game to get home.

👍

12 hours ago, onizukagto said:

After tailback, 5 seconds later, the wheel will be automatically shut down.

5 seconds later, the wheel will be automatically shut down.

the wheel will be automatically shut down

Wait, what? Are they INSANE? They want to shut the wheel off mid-ride? :eff04a58a6::shock2:

Please tell me this is a translation error or I'm understanding something wrong.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wait, what? Are they INSANE? They want to shut the wheel off mid-ride? :eff04a58a6::shock2:

Please tell me this is a translation error or I'm understanding something wrong.

There HAS to be more to it, as I agree...INSANITY! I like how my ks wheels handle it, i honestly never thought much about it. Surely theres info missing or bad translations afoot. I think that requiring a person to use ANY device during a ride, is stupid. I'm not a big fan of one product being reliant on another of completely different type, to operate things.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think they mean the 45 degree tiltback you get on most wheels when the battery is empty. You should get the hint within 5 seconds. I agree it sounds strange to put it like that but no wheel will be able to keep that going indefinitely if the rider still refuses to step off. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

This pretty much happens already, if you have ridden an inmotion wheel they kick you off pretty hard, 5 seconds after that happens you will be off the wheel of that I’m sure lol. 

• Like 3

Just now, UniVehje said:

but no wheel will be able to keep that going indefinitely if the rider still refuses to step off

Doesn't have to keep going indefinitely, just as long as it can - not shut off! That would be criminal.

My ACM does exactly that. Extreme tiltback that makes you get off - but it never shuts down!

Someone ask Inmotion about this - and if this is really their brilliant plan, make them change it and claim it was a "translation error" or something;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Doesn't have to keep going indefinitely, just as long as it can - not shut off! That would be criminal.

My ACM does exactly that. Extreme tiltback that makes you get off - but it never shuts down!

Someone ask Inmotion about this - and if this is really their brilliant plan, make them change it and claim it was a "translation error" or something;)

It probably shuts down in this mode to restart the firmware to "go home" mode instead of full out.

either way, you would not be on the wheel after a dead battery tilt back on a Inmotion wheel, it’s pretty intense, your off or stopped for sure 5 seconds after that kind of tilt

• Like 1

14 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think that's what the Facebook post was about, they are asking riders and fans about this plan. 

I'm glad they are asking us before putting in this stuff, instead of us finding out when we hit the limit. 

I've been pretty impressed with Inmotion's communication lately, especially for a Chinese Company to reach out to its international customer base  (besides DJI) with limited overseas resources. 

The competition from Kingsong has really forced inmotion to step up their game and try to exploit the weakness KS and others lack. 

As for my personal take, I like plan 2 as well. Hopefully inmotion can also clarify if you can ride without an mobile app connection, although someone said the feature could be disabled first/by default, but I haven't seen or read anything that confirms this yet. 

Edited by onizukagto
Spelling
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

There is zero chance they're going to cut power to the wheel on an arbitrary 5 second countdown.  This is a communication/translation issue.

• Like 1

After thinking more about it, my suggestion to them is as followed.

1. In the app you can pick the plan, for example, I'd pick plan two. 2. Now the plan option is loaded into the wheel, you will not have to maintain app connection during the ride. 3. When 80% hit, you just simple reboot the wheel to go into the plan you have previously picked.

By creating more options, like including letting you ride from 100% to 0%, the two safety options proposed, or some ideas others had, that should keep most riders happy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Just got word from ewheels that the V11 will come with two 2.5 amp chargers.  No need to purchase a second charger. :clap3:

Hopefully euco will do the same. That’s where I ordered mine. 

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

Just got word from ewheels that the V11 will come with two 2.5 amp chargers.  No need to purchase a second charger. :clap3:

Wow. Wonder why considering that wasn't done for KingSong, which also supports two chargers?

29 minutes ago, someguy152 said:

i have to agree. too bad i will resist the urge to be a guinea pig..

but now im frustrated cuz i think i can wait it out another year instead of getting a msx/nikola/16x/18xl

I'm sure I'll wait until next year as you're doing. Much the same though, was thinking KS-18XL, MSX, or Monster? Now it's how nice the V11 should be, and by Spring all the bugs should be worked out. 

1 hour ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

I'm sure I'll wait until next year as you're doing. Much the same though, was thinking KS-18XL, MSX, or Monster? Now it's how nice the V11 should be, and by Spring all the bugs should be worked out. 

So the hedgehog is okay being a guinea pig?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

So the hedgehog is okay being a guinea pig?

Well I guess it isn't a speed monster :w00t2:.

And winter hibernation too.....

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 7:13 AM, onizukagto said:

Since kingsong had the balls to step up and try to steal Inmotion suspension design and then release their own suspension version wheel right after them. 

I'm still not sure that KS actually stole anything. There just an accusation by an IM employee in a tweet or something when they found out that KS was also releasing a suspension wheel at the same time. Anyway, I thought Gotway initially came out with a suspension wheel on the MCM3 in 2017.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I'm still not sure that KS actually stole anything. There just an accusation by an IM employee in a tweet or something when they found out that KS was also releasing a suspension wheel at the same time. Anyway, I thought Gotway initially came out with a suspension wheel on the MCM3 in 2017.

It is not an accusation. When they refer to a court verdict.testing a possible system is one thing. Going to mass production and sale is another.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It is not an accusation. When they refer to a court verdict.testing a possible system is one thing. Going to mass production and sale is another.

So you're saying there was an actual court case?

Did IM copyright the principal of suspension in general (which has been around for 100's of years)? or suspension on an EUC (like in Gotway's suspended unicycle that came out 3 years previous)? Or is it their design of suspension on an EUC they copyrighted which is different (and arguably inferior) to the KS design? I can't see what they could copyright and so I can't see what they could take to court. 

56 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

So you're saying there was an actual court case?

Did IM copyright the principal of suspension in general (which has been around for 100's of years)? or suspension on an EUC (like in Gotway's suspended unicycle that came out 3 years previous)? Or is it their design of suspension on an EUC they copyrighted which is different (and arguably inferior) to the KS design? I can't see what they could copyright and so I can't see what they could take to court. 

Like I have said many times now, they (IM) mentioned it briefly but IM is more willing discussion their product than a dispute with a competitor with their customers. I don't know exact details, but yes there was a court verdict, and it ruled a product change and a fine in favour to IM. And this is something you don't make up unless it really had any truth to it. 

Now what you can't see doesn't really matter, and I am not going to argue one or the other way. It isn't the first time a company try to copy something or got "inspired" too much from a competitor.It happens all the time, just look at how many cases there have been between Apple and MS and other phone makers.

The matter has been settled and it means that we have 2 different systems for customers to choose from. In the end we will see how things work in near future. I think it is a way to look at suspension system prioritized vs total package with suspension. It might be that the KS system works better, but the cost in their other specifications are too great to me. On the other hand I see a huge value to me to get some sort of suspension due to my bad knees and back so I decided to go for it and I chose the system I believe  in most, the V11. I anticipate the V11 to be a very solid product in terms as I use my current wheels. 

The things I have asked for in my dream wheel is more or less in place, only better weather rating and magnetic pedals are the few things I wished for that didn't happen. How good the weather rating are in practical use remains to be seen but from the communications I have had with IM, they are sure of their product, but I doubt we will see better rating in specs even if wheel could be better rated. This comes down to more cost for warranty, and there are no company giving any better rating as it is right now. 

• Like 2