WaveCut

I'm very impressed how Kuji was able to ride down the stairs on both V11 and S18. It looks like suspension really makes wonders. Or maybe Kuji's riding & balancing skills are out of this world. I wonder if an ordinary rider can ride down the stairs on suspension EUC.

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

..... I’m sure most V8’s are bought as the first wheel, after which they soon realize how much more ....

I'm not so sure, in fact Iif I had to guess I'd say you were wrong.  Many V8 owners become V8F owners for various reasons, but many seem to be quite happy with their V8.  I don't see a flood of used V8 wheels on the market or people coming here crying about their V8 purchase; and the V8F was made for a reason, so....  In fact many commuters have tried many wheels and overall still prefer the V8 from what I've read on the net.  While i think the V8F could have been lower priced and a bigger battery, their target audience seems fine with it.  the people on this forum are more the niche market, inside the already niche EUIC market. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

I'm not so sure, in fact Iif I had to guess I'd say you were wrong.  Many V8 owners become V8F owners for various reasons, but many seem to be quite happy with their V8.  I don't see a flood of used V8 wheels on the market or people coming here crying about their V8 purchase; and the V8F was made for a reason, so....  In fact many commuters have tried many wheels and overall still prefer the V8 from what I've read on the net.  While i think the V8F could have been lower priced and a bigger battery, their target audience seems fine with it.  the people on this forum are more the niche market, inside the already niche EUIC market. 

I have a V8 and a KS16x.. I still ride and am happy with my V8. Especially after getting the 16x (which i love).. I get on the V8 and it is a very fun wheel to ride.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Since the suspension wheels are seemingly having a great number of preorders, the message is sent: this is what we want.

I don't want one.I find it fascinating to read about these new wheels but, if I was to get a new wheel, then it's likely to be a more standard touring wheel just because of price, range and weight. Do we know how many of these suspended wheels have been preordered? Or even the sales of other more standard wheels? 

1 hour ago, Nifrigel said:

I'm very impressed how Kuji was able to ride down the stairs on both V11 and S18. 

I was very impressed that Kuji could lift the V11 up onto the kerb ;)

6 hours ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

Plus, it has batteries in the hub! It's very controllable due to a great design!

Are the batteries actually in the hub / rim, and rotate?

I can't imagine they would want the batteries to rotate with the wheel?

From the pics I assumed the batteries were just a single layer in really close to the case to keep a low profile but not actually in the hub.

31 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

Are the batteries actually in the hub / rim, and rotate?

I can't imagine they would want the batteries to rotate with the wheel?

From the pics I assumed the batteries were just a single layer in really close to the case to keep a low profile but not actually in the hub.

No, the batteries are Not located in the hub but are encased in their own enclosures on each side of the wheel, as can be seen in the image below.  Only the Ninebot Z10 has the batteries actually situated inside the concave/offset hub of the wheel and they Do Not rotate in the Z10!

V11-DualBattery.jpg

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

So if they really wanted too, and it would be super heavy, inmotion could add a second layer of batteries making it a 3k watt hr wheel and only need to make new batter holders and side covers. This would make it wider of course but maybe still on par with some of the wider wheels already out.

Would anyone here have interest in a 70 plus pound wheel with a 3k watt hr battery? And in sure a $2500 or more price tag. 

21 minutes ago, TheBladeOfHades said:

So excited to see them start shipping!

anyone know any official dates?

Shipping what? I don't think production of V11 has started yet. They are still testing and fine tuning things. 

1 hour ago, Sentient said:

Does anyone know if the firmware will be upgradable?

Yes, it will be upgradable. InMotions have been for a very long time. 

• Like 3

The intelligent BMS is pretty great when you think about it, if one pack fails for whatever reason, (accident, vandalism, deadbattery) you can still limp on. 

Replacement will be easier, whether you do it yourself or by a third party. 

Reduce the risk of mods or bad replacement burning you up. 

• Like 1

Fantomas is in No Way an ordinary rider, he is undoubtedly the most Extraordinary rider on the planet right now!

• Like 1

Did I ever tell you guys about the time that one of the battery connectors on my 16X burned up and the wheel was still running although with only one of the battery packs in use?

I was still able to reach full speed... it just took me a while to figure out what was going on when I discovered a sudden huge range loss as well as voltage sag.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 8:59 PM, Nifrigel said:

I'm very impressed how Kuji was able to ride down the stairs on both V11 and S18. It looks like suspension really makes wonders. Or maybe Kuji's riding & balancing skills are out of this world. I wonder if an ordinary rider can ride down the stairs on suspension EUC.

Depends on your definition of ordinary. If it's possible on a EUC, and you practice enough, you will be able to do it. I've been riding down (and up) things recently I would never have thought possible when I started riding, and that I wouldn't even attempt with a mountain bike (and I've ridden a bike down stairs).

Kuji has ridden down a lot of stairs, without suspension, so of course this looks even more like a breeze with suspension.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Did I ever tell you guys about the time that one of the battery connectors on my 16X burned up and the wheel was still running although with only one of the battery packs in use?

I was still able to reach full speed... it just took me a while to figure out what was going on when I discovered a sudden huge range loss as well as voltage sag.

I seem to recall a picture of that ....From what I understand it is something similar the V11 should be able to do , ride on with only 1 pack operating but also more work into balancing these packs. They might be talking of same think or might be better or worse it is really hard to get this level of details right as they hardly show/document how they do it. 

But I understand that you are getting one of these massive GW battery packed wheels with possible "winter heating" build into the wheel too? Just that they are beta testing season detection or something?:efefb6a84e:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fbhb said:

Fantomas is in No Way an ordinary rider, he is undoubtedly the most Extraordinary rider on the planet right now!

His stance, in my opinion is what allows him to do what he can. Watch his feet during his carves in “casual ride" 

foot forward changes the feel of a euc to something closer to a snowboard or longboard while carving. 

54 minutes ago, TheBladeOfHades said:

His stance, in my opinion is what allows him to do what he can. Watch his feet during his carves in “casual ride" 

foot forward changes the feel of a euc to something closer to a snowboard or longboard while carving. 

He has fairly non-typical riding positions. For stairs he leans back, keeps his shins straight, and tilts his feet forward/down. (I'd fall off.)

Also of note, that's a non-suspension EUC in @mrelwood's video, though a suspension should help make stairs easier.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:54 PM, Oscapuss said:

I ordered 16x from smartwheel.   I recieved shipping notification from a company I've never heard of.  Googled into it and read really terrible things.  Got a little worried...

The shipping company they use is actually terrible.   Took weeks and they eventually lost it.  I got a notification that the package was delivered and signed for, yet nothing delivered.  I had to call and figure out what happened after dealing with useless customer service from shipping company for several days.

Turns out they accidentally delivered it to a home hardware instead.  I had to drive there and pick it up myself, because they wouldn't arrange the shipment. 

Will never order from smartwheel again.

I ordered 16x replacement parts from ewheels after I had a cut out and they arrived within 36 hours, no issues.  Jason was extremely helpful and responded same night.  Exchange rate winds up being the same.   

Will only order from ewheels in the future.

50 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

For the Canadians on this forum: I asked Smartwheel.ca about your post, they now only use UPS to ship. They also offered to let me pick it up in Burlington.  They seem reputable from what I've seen. I will let you know, loud and clear, if it turns out they are not

A reminder: if you order from eWheels  you will be dinged for Duty and Tax when it crosses the border. This caught me by surprise the first time I ordered my V8 from eWheels (I love Jason too but it would be a significant amount of money on a V11 $2000 USD purchase).  This, plus the moronic political situation down there, is the reason I'm buying domestic this time (Sorry Jason!).

For Canadians here's is a duty/tax calculator:  https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html  (they don't have a section for EUCs, the closest thing I could find was Sports/Bicycles).

Have no doubt they are reputable company, and service dept seemed very friendly and helpful.   Only the shipping company I'm talking about.

Had they lost wheel and I was stuck in middle of a claim that dragged out for months, I'd happily pay duty fees for the peace of mind.

Had I known they switched companies i would have probably gone with them again, but i wanted to avoid dealing with previous company again.  At any cost.

• Like 1