WaveCut

39 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

how do I tell my girlfriend?

What girlfriend?😋🤪

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

When he 

When he demonstrated you could sit on it he pushed me over the edge - I just pre-ordered from smartwheel.ca, $3140.27 CDN with tax and delivery.

The only thing which stop me from pre-order is... I have to pay the full price (instead of $500 deposit like ewheels...).
Give out $3000 and have to wait for 2 months is kind of unacceptable for me... so I guess I will wait for next batch or even next gen (since the the first batch should be sold out for now)...

• Like 2

Better torque than V10! Wow.

When he says torque like the MSX, he means the MSX, not MSP right? I think the MSP has more torque then? Just for comparison.

Is 18x3 the same as 19x3 (MSX/MSP), or is there a tire diameter difference between those two?

• Like 1

I think they are all 18x3 iirc.

V11 looking good as a quality of life wheel for frequent users.  That headlight is done right.

• Like 1

The charts on ewheels say that the V11's body  is 7,9'' wide. When I look at it in the video, I have a hard time believing that it's wider than the 16X  (7''). 

I guess the part where he grabs the wheel to get on the sidewalk at 3:54 is meant to show implicitly that this wheel can't ''suspension jump'' like the S18.

Edited by Kryziss
Added another point
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kryziss said:

I guess the part where he grabs the wheel to get on the sidewalk at 3:54 is meant to show implicitly that this wheel can't ''suspension jump'' like the S18.

I would guess it is the pad, not suspensions, he has no way to grab the wheel like he did on S18 (with body curve build in as pad).
When he fall down while off-roading, he also said it's because he legs can't grip on the wheel.

Also want to point out that the off-road test for V11 is the same with his MSP test. It looks much harder than on S18 off-road test.

Edited by Phong Vu

7 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

I would guess it is the pad, not suspensions, he has no way to grab the wheel like he did on S18 (with body curve build in as pad).
When he fall down while off-roading, he also said it's because he legs can't grip on the wheel.

I still suspect that the lower unsprung weight on the S18 would make it easier to "suspension jump," but indeed it would be hard to jump at all without the pads!

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

The on/off sounds for the lights need to revert back to the V10f with the cool sounding chirps instead of saying "lights on" "lights off".

The on/off sound as well as every other sound (power on/off, speed alarm, etc...) can be modified in the app for every inmotion wheel. The chirping sound is available in another "sound pack" and you can record any sound you like if none of them pleases you. You can even record one second of silence if you want your wheel to make no sound at all.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

When he says torque like the MSX, he means the MSX, not MSP right? I think the MSP has more torque then?

That’s how I would understand it, yes.

Is 18x3 the same as 19x3 (MSX/MSP), or is there a tire diameter difference between those two?

It’s the same. 19” and 17” tires don’t exist. (Well, possibly the Z10 disregarded, but at least as off the shelf offerings that all other wheels use.) Mr. Muddy Waters from the sales department just wanted 1 + 1 to equal 3.

• Like 3

Better torque than V10! Wow.

When he says torque like the MSX, he means the MSX, not MSP right? I think the MSP has more torque then? Just for comparison.

I think he meant MSX. Since the clip shown after he said that was him accelerating on an MSX?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mango said:

"dual charging ports which can fully recharge the wheel in 3.5 hours [420w 2.5amp x 2]"

It is 5Ah * 4. With 5Amps charger it can't be less than 4 hours. Realistically it is 4.5h

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tryptych said:

When he 

When he demonstrated you could sit on it he pushed me over the edge - I just pre-ordered from smartwheel.ca, $3140.27 CDN with tax and delivery.

This is the biggest most terrifying purchase I've ever made.... how do I tell my girlfriend? Her head is gonna explode :)

In Poland preordered units cost 2750 cnd :/

I ordered 16x from smartwheel.   I recieved shipping notification from a company I've never heard of.  Googled into it and read really terrible things.  Got a little worried...

The shipping company they use is actually terrible.   Took weeks and they eventually lost it.  I got a notification that the package was delivered and signed for, yet nothing delivered.  I had to call and figure out what happened after dealing with useless customer service from shipping company for several days.

Turns out they accidentally delivered it to a home hardware instead.  I had to drive there and pick it up myself, because they wouldn't arrange the shipment. 

Will never order from smartwheel again.

I ordered 16x replacement parts from ewheels after I had a cut out and they arrived within 36 hours, no issues.  Jason was extremely helpful and responded same night.  Exchange rate winds up being the same.   

Will only order from ewheels in the future.

Edited by Oscapuss
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Nic said:

Ok, so Charles is saying you can ride 50kph down to 30% of battery on the V11.  Did I understand that he said there was a surprise for riders over 80% of battery?  Do you think they will allow riders to go 55kph over 80% battery.  Kuji said he was able to go 55kph on his demo unit for testing. Do you think this is a possibility?  I apologize if this has already been discussed.  I’m a little late reading this thread.

7 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Ok, so Charles is saying you can ride 50kph down to 30% of battery on the V11.  Did I understand that he said there was a surprise for riders over 80% of battery?  Do you think they will allow riders to go 55kph over 80% battery.  Kuji said he was able to go 55kph on his demo unit for testing. Do you think this is a possibility?  I apologize if this has already been discussed.  I’m a little late reading this thread.

Yes, check the announcement here:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Oscapuss said:

I ordered 16x from smartwheel.   I recieved shipping notification from a company I've never heard of.  Googled into it and read really terrible things.  Got a little worried...

The shipping company they use is actually terrible.   Took weeks and they eventually lost it.  I got a notification that the package was delivered and signed for, yet nothing delivered.  I had to call and figure out what happened after dealing with useless customer service from shipping company for several days.

Turns out they accidentally delivered it to a home hardware instead.  I had to drive there and pick it up myself, because they wouldn't arrange the shipment. 

I ordered 16x replacement parts from ewheels after I had a cut out and they arrived within 36 hours, no issues.  Jason was extremely helpful and responded same night.  Exchange rate winds up being the same.   

I'm in Toronto and the ewheels  site doesn't seem to accept ECU for delivery.

The parts(like the inmotion  V8 outer shell) is ok- but when I add an ECU says no shipping options available.

4 hours ago, Oscapuss said:

I had no issues.  Just put in a pre-order for V11.

Also in GTA.

1 hour ago, Sentient said:

I'm in Toronto and the ewheels  site doesn't seem to accept ECU for delivery.

The parts(like the inmotion  V8 outer shell) is ok- but when I add an ECU says no shipping options available.

It's just issue with their website, some wheels show options when shipping to Canada, some wheels don't.
Just give them a call.
But remember to add duty + taxes, those will not show on site when checkout, so it looks like it's cheaper (but it's not).

• Like 1