WaveCut

12 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

He is but the Pandemic affected him pretty badly. They are working to get videos and reviews of the V11. They'll be in LA all this week shooting and stuff.

here is a link to my thoughts on both. I think inmotion made a better quality product but the S18 is a better off-roader. TIme and more tests will determine which one lasts longer.

Random thoughts about EUCO. They are the one of the only major EUC suppliers in america that makes videos of the products they are selling. Every other place lets other people like Marty, Duf, EvX, Chooch, etc make all the videos. EUCO has to balance making videos and running a business. It's not like they are riding wheels all day. They are busy with customer support and repairs, shipping logistics, and public relations. Unlike other youtubers and distributors, EUCO tries to create their own content and pictures instead of taking the poor quality "leaked" cell phone pics from the manufacturers. I understand the frustration of wanting reviews and stuff but making content takes a long time especially if it is professional work and not some guy with a laptop and a gopro like me! haha

Not sure why I wanted to say all that but it felt good typing it up.

Nice post. Makes a lot of sense.  No wonder it felt good writing what you wrote.

I really enjoy the EUCO videos. Don't know Jeff but sending positive energy to him and his family. Hope all goes well for him and he gets back in front of the camera.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, onizukagto said:

Because right now, the only real difference between V11 and S18 is the ability to mount pads and for "jumps" or something. 

Really? If I hadn’t grown a slight interest to jumping a few months ago, that would’ve been the only meaningless difference in my books. And still the differences I consider more important and “real” are: Range, lights, tire, build quality, usability of the handle, and barely any “doh” moments which the S18 has several.

• Like 3

Anybody have a guess about whether those dual hex screws (above the pedals) could be used for attaching pads?  Perhaps they're part of what attaches the saddle to the suspension, but it seems like a possible attach point if a longer screw is swapped in.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, musk said:

Anybody have a guess about whether those dual hex screws (above the pedals) could be used for attaching pads?  Perhaps they're part of what attaches the saddle to the suspension, but it seems like a possible attach point if a longer screw is swapped in.

That’s what I planned on doing, attaching a base plate for the pads if I feel that I need to get the pads further than the “saddle  straps“ allow.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:03 PM, VizioN-Scope said:

@ShanesPlanet

Yea your right. More speed = more power draw and more voltage reduction in the batteries.

Don't worry, I won't get discouraged as I see EUC as the newest high-tech personal transportation of the future.

Let me put it this way. 1 year ago I had a hard crash on my electric skateboard and broke my collarbone. That has not stopped me from riding :)

Here is my operation pics (hope it's okay that I show this here?, If it's not, admin can delete)

thumbnail-IMG-39851.jpg

thumbnail-20190812-121954.jpg

I'm quite sure you don't want a couple more of these, do you? It's obvious from your posts that you want speed but don't understand the difference between an EUC and an electric skateboard. This is a very dangerous combination. 

What would happen if your skateboard reaches its maximum engine or battery power, for a fraction of a second? 

- Your skateboard would just stop accelerating, you wouldn't even notice it.

What would happen if your EUC reaches its maximum engine or battery power, for a fraction of a second?

- YOU'D GET SCATTERED ON THE TARMAC. You wouldn't even have time to understand what's happened to you.

This is the main and paramount difference.  

That's why any self-balancing device must have a hefty reserve of the power and speed at all times, and a "speed unlock" is a thing which should be done with the GREATEST caution, or better never done at all.

Even the limitations set by the manufacturer are mostly a wild guess, they cannot consider all the conditions (wind, slope, bumps, sand, temperature, rider weight,  battery age, etc., etc.). But this is your health. IT JUST HAS TO HAPPEN ONCE. And it can happen even without warning.

The "high speed firmware" is made for people with great experience ON EUCs, not on skateboards, Formula 1 or whatever, who perfectly understand how SELF-BALANCING devices work and can count on all the conditions choosing the current speed. And they, beleive me, will very rarely use the maximum speed allowed by this firmware.

• Like 3

On 6/17/2020 at 6:01 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Here are my jumbled thoughts after riding both wheels in the parking lot and looking over each one in detail.

S18

• tailored for smaller riders, the kuji pad is really low. I'm 5'10" and my shoe size is US Mens 9.
  • meant for off-roading and jumping
  • lights have a wider throw at the cost of brightness
  • tail light is kinda cool but not effective at all
  • the inner shell (tire guard thing) rubs the battery pack of the wheel. That's that loud noise everyone hears while the suspension moves, thin rubber or felt will fix that. This shell also feels very very cheap. I think it will be the first thing to break. It is very close to the tire and might prevent any other tire from being used.
  • lots of sharp corners on the paneling to cut fingers on
  • trolley handle is decent but a little buggy to get the wheel to disengage. You have to slide it around a couple times until it locks in place
  • more nimble than v11 and shorter
  • less (un)sprung weight which is better mechanically
  • I prefer the beeping to inmotions loud "welcome"
  • overall in person it just looks cheap because of the huge hole in the top and sharp edges

V11

• headlight and tail light is like no other, it puts the MSP to shame. the lights are literally automotive grade
  • suspension is smooth but less performance oriented than the S18. its also simpler because its one air piston holding you up, the s18 is a little more complex.
  • build quality is amazing, it looks like the Z10's older brother. everything is packaged very nicely.
  • very difficult to pump up the tire
  • trolley handle is very sturdy and has a spring in it that pops up the handle when you release the switch holding it down
  • side panels move up and down which make powerpads very difficult to attach but then again i've never seen powerpads on an inmotion wheel.
  • without pads the v11 can't jump

I hope to ride both wheels more especially at high speed over bumps. But both of these wheels are amazing in their own way. If you are primarily a night rider than you should get the V11, if you are a daytime skatepark and quarry rider, the S18. I'll edit this as I think of more stuff but these are my initial thoughts.

Loved this writeup, all meat no bones

• Like 3

On 6/18/2020 at 11:02 AM, musk said:

Inmotion hinted that this might be there for future upgrades. Most likely for pads.

• Like 3

i think there was something lost in the translation on the external battery.... i think Liam might have been saying they are looking at easily user removable/replaceable batteries for future wheels.   .... not like the Kingsong product for scooters

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 6:24 AM, stephen said:

- external battery not provided for this model but they would have found a reliable solution for the next models.

- a side panel with bluetooth speakers is provided as an accessory for the V11

- a side panel with flashing LEDs (never understood the trip with that ...) is also provided as an accessory for the V11

external battery would be interesting,  but you'll be trading speed for more weight to gain a little bit more range. 

Bluetooth speakers...I dunno. 

I rarely use it,  but I guess some people would like it

lights on the side, since people like to do night rides and it's attractive show boating for more visibility.  But i always use a cover cos I'm still not confident that I won't ding the unit, so is its kinda pointless in my case. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2020 at 12:44 AM, stephen said:

I need more V11 content i can't find anymore ☹️ 

Same.... Seen it all, plus all the S18 stuff for comparison....

I'm going nuts waiting for this wheel... if it is delayed much my head is gonna explode.... really hoping we get it before the summer is gone... Have they been shipped from China yet? Can someone track that boat for us? :) 

YouTubers: please make more V11 videos to hold me over!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

Same.... Seen it all, plus all the S18 stuff for comparison....

I'm going nuts waiting for this wheel... if it is delayed much my head is gonna explode.... really hoping we get it before the summer is gone... Have they been shipped from China yet? Can someone track that boat for us? :) 

YouTubers: please make more V11 videos to hold me over!!!

Lol your worse than me being impatient 😂awfull init😊 I've watched the s18 reviews saying that i watch most stuff even my own videos and still love all the Euc content, we are a barmy bunch 

I think shipping is due end of june beginning July to UK so should receive beginning of August fingers crossed 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stephen said:

Lol your worse than me being impatient 😂awfull init😊 I've watched the s18 reviews saying that i watch most stuff even my own videos and still love all the Euc content, we are a barmy bunch 

I think shipping is due end of june beginning July to UK so should receive beginning of August fingers crossed 😊

Production models starts in 2-4 weeks. I  imagine that means first owner content will hit us around 4-6 weeks from now. I view these much more interesting compared to raised pedal height and slightly upgraded power rating on the motor.

Liam also confirmed they are making a disassembly video, the might be available in 2 weeks time. 

As soon as production starts they will put more focus on accessories but they are talking about some sort of side panels with lighting and BT sound.

Personally side lights and BT sound matters less to me. I am much more interested in jump/control padding and seat. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FreeRide said:

I think we might get a dump of content soon. 

The V11 official promo videos shooting was supposed to wrap up last week, and 2 s11/v11 comparison videos should be not too far away, and EUCO should have Even more stuff coming also.

i am quite curious ;) 

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Personally side lights and BT sound matters less to me. I am much more interested in jump/control padding and seat.

The flat stem looks nice and flat to attach some pads or depending which style of riding i adapt maybe more cushioning up top ....OR😁 maybe nothing😊

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

With those two screws that seems to be officially for side panels, I think it should not be that difficult to make a DIY solution for ankle/jump pads. I envision a plastic sheet strong enough to hold the weight. Or maybe we could go with a steel sheet (2 mm should be strong enough). The main question is if the screws can hold it and whether they don't break after a crash with such a panel.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Zopper said:

With those two screws that seems to be officially for side panels, I think it should not be that difficult to make a DIY solution for ankle/jump pads. I envision a plastic sheet strong enough to hold the weight. Or maybe we could go with a steel sheet (2 mm should be strong enough). The main question is if the screws can hold it and whether they don't break after a crash with such a panel.

Now Inmotion said (through Liam) that they are looking at different accessories, like jump pads. But their focus is to get V11 into production, then they are moving on to add fix for feedback and looking deeper into how to make accessories options. 

I am not sure you can safely add attachment by those screws. Inmotion never commented on this despite we asked several times.

But I were thinking down the same line. But I would actually get something more stiff like a carbon sheet made for stiffness and use those new rubber foam pads used on different brands. Someone posted this in the Veteran thread the other day. 

I could see mounting these with 3m dual lock hooks (5x stronger than velcro) so the sheet is detachable if you want to or able to move the sheet of carbon up/down/front/back.

The main problem is to have something stiff enough to allow free movement of the suspension system. Could add teflon on the backside of the carbon sheet for better sliding movement. Or maybe a small support wheel/bearing that cal roll easy on the side panel.

On 6/9/2020 at 1:01 AM, AtlasP said:

Here I am very strongly leaning towards selling my Nik+ for the V11 in large part to get rid of the dreadful pedal angle.

I have somewhere between 750-1000 miles on the Nik+ and still unequivocally hate the pedal angle. The blanket "you'll get used to it" people are full of sh1t.  I think it must be in part physiological/different for each person based on the construction of their ankles/legs/etc, because I'm long past the point where I should've gotten used to it if such a thing were possible.

(More broadly, *all* pedal mounts should be level, and then pedal angle should be a function of the pedal shape, with you able to choose or swap out different pedals for what you want. The GW wheels having the pedal angle on the wheel/mount side is a terrible design.)

And there I was thinking about the V11 that if only they adopted they Nikola pedal angle (well to be fair, the battery as well, etc., but).. The V10F pedals are nice, but they have nothing over the Nikola's to me.

I feel the same way about the MSX pedal angle as you do for the Nikola's though, which just proves your point; there really should be some easy way of choosing your preference either by pedal selection or easy after-buy customization options. It's like buying a car where the seat is not adjustable and some people like being pushed forward like some 80 old geezer and say there's nothing better and others feel.. differently.. :)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Nils said:

And there I was thinking about the V11 that if only they adopted they Nikola pedal angle (well to be fair, the battery as well, etc., but).. The V10F pedals are nice, but they have nothing over the Nikola's to me.

I feel the same way about the MSX pedal angle as you do for the Nikola's though, which just proves your point; there really should be some easy way of choosing your preference either by pedal selection or easy after-buy customization options. It's like buying a car where the seat is not adjustable and some people like being pushed forward like some 80 old geezer and say there's nothing better and others feel.. differently.. :)

Inmotion talked about they started to look into adjustable pedal angel, but it is way to early make it happen right now. But they mentioned this as a part to switching ride mode as city vs off-road and teased it together with AI adjustment.

Not technically ready but more what they could see as innovation options to look at.

Now looking at V10f pedals, I never tried 1st edition rubber once, my V10f has last generation of rubber with grip tape on top. And they are actually very nice especially in comfort mode on the wheel. Since IM wheels are slimmer than most other wheel they don't need pedal angel as much but it let's you ride more like not grabbing/locking the wheel. 

On off-road or aggressive ride style you (as in general rider) tend to lock wheel more which is easier if pedal angle is higher and you have padding to assist with this. 

The V11 get grip tape that is 20% better grip on. Jump padding in development, more focus due on this as production kickstarts in 2-4 weeks time. 

Now I never rode GW wheels so I am used to low angle pedals. The KS16X angle is perfect, but it is a wider body too. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Now Inmotion said (through Liam) that they are looking at different accessories, like jump pads. But their focus is to get V11 into production, then they are moving on to add fix for feedback and looking deeper into how to make accessories options. 

I am not sure you can safely add attachment by those screws. Inmotion never commented on this despite we asked several times.

If the V11 is going to add additional screw points to enable jump pads and other accessories, would it be better to wait until any changes go into production? If we were to get the V11 now and jump pads are added to new screw points, existing owners of the first production of V11 would not be able to add those jump pads.  Is that a possibility or am I wrong?