WaveCut

On 5/30/2020 at 12:54 PM, Oscapuss said:

I ordered 16x from smartwheel.   I recieved shipping notification from a company I've never heard of.  Googled into it and read really terrible things.  Got a little worried...

The shipping company they use is actually terrible.   Took weeks and they eventually lost it.  I got a notification that the package was delivered and signed for, yet nothing delivered.  I had to call and figure out what happened after dealing with useless customer service from shipping company for several days.

Turns out they accidentally delivered it to a home hardware instead.  I had to drive there and pick it up myself, because they wouldn't arrange the shipment. 

Will never order from smartwheel again.

I ordered 16x replacement parts from ewheels after I had a cut out and they arrived within 36 hours, no issues.  Jason was extremely helpful and responded same night.  Exchange rate winds up being the same.   

Will only order from ewheels in the future.

And as a side note it's not just the states that are having shipping issues.  I ordered a tsg pass from Vancouver.   Box showed up, opened it and....EMPTY.  lol.  Only the helmet bag, stickers and the visor.  Been in a claim nightmare since April, still no helmet.  Company takes no responsibility, Canada post takes no responsibility.   

Similar issue ordering lazy rolling armored hoodie from states.  Went mia 2 weeks ago.  Fortunately that company is great to deal with and working with me.  

Point I'm trying to make is I dont think domestic shipping will necessarily be a safer option.   I'm putting my faith in ewheels because I successfully recieved quick shipping before, even after the pandemic started and borders closed.

As long as a V11 shows up on my door eventually, I'll be thrilled.  Please for the love of God, no empty box lol.  

Edited by Oscapuss
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorthernNoble said:

Hey there.  I'm sorry you had some issues with an order with us at Smartwheel.  I'm unsure of the details as of yet, but I'd like to point a few things out for the sake of clarity;

Most of our shipping is processed via UPS, and has been for some time.  Orders local to us (generally speaking this means the Greater Toronto Area) sometimes ship via Loomis.  I can't speak for orders that are years old, but this is the way things have been for some time.  The 16x hit the shelves, what, 2016?  So I can't speak for orders quite that old.  But if it's been within the last year at the very least, something doesn't quite add up.

Our shipping notifications, similarly, come from us directly.  We have a direct system that requires someone (usually me) to manually send shipping notifications to customers once orders have been shipped out.  That is to say, those emails come direct from us.  Not another company.  

With respect, I believe you may have been tricked by a site that claims to be us.  We've been working to shut down a few sites that more or less parrot our own site, our products and our policies with the aim of taking your payment, after which all communications just directed at us - they're a scam.  I obviously cannot say for certain that this was the case, but there's a lot of things said here that worry me because they do not sound like us, and sound like something an immitation shell company may try to do.

Otherwise, I'd like to look into this issue you had with us.  An order going AWOL and shipping to a random location that was not yours, coupled with shipping/tracking information that was not coming from us - if true - is serious cause for concern.  Would you mind sharing some information with me?  I'd only need an order number to look into all this.

Just PM'd you.  Shipper was indeed Loomis.

7 minutes ago, Oscapuss said:

Just PM'd you.  Shipper was indeed Loomis.

Hey, thanks for the quick response.  We're all home for the evening, but in the morning I"ll take a closer look at what happened here.  I can confirm you provided me with a real order#, so it's quite unlikely that you got pulled into one of those dreaded knock off sites.  But that's about all I can gleam right now.  More in the morning!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Themarsman said:

You sell EUC's but you think that the 16x came out in 2016?

Aha, no, that was a fat finger on my end, I hit the 6 on my numpad rather than the 9.  IIRC the 16x debuted / was announced late 2018 and was officially available early 2019.  I simply wasn't with the company at that time, so I can't speak for orders that are quite that old.  Irrelevent in this case, as this one was within the past few months.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NorthernNoble said:

.....  As it stands, we'll be having an internal conversation about how this affects our shipping due to this, as this is the first we're hearing of this issue 3 months later.  ...

I hope this clear things up a little bit.  Happy riding!

Maybe you should be having an internal meeting about why this is the first you are hearing about it. 

• Like 1

for me plan A (1) like kingsong.

I no have facebook this is relationship cancer (facebook)

power 300W max ? what if i exceed like v10F overload please get out? and force you stop ride?!  

How 100+ kg (220+ lbs) person can push and not exceed 300w mystery for me!

8 hours ago, onizukagto said:

FB_IMG_1591346692868.jpg

I like plan 2.  Whether low power mode has a distance of 25km or 20km is not a huge deal to me - It'd be a gigantic planning failure on my part if batteries are low while I'm 25k from home. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NorthernNoble said:

If the courier company didn't inform us of this mistake, and the customer didn't let us know until 3 months later on this forum, I don't know how you would expect we would find out any other way.  Any shipper who ships something to a customer receives notification of successful delivery, but that it.  You don't receive details or locations, just the verification that it was delivered successfully.  Part of my calling Loomis was to figure out just why they didn't think to let us know of this error. 

So you are quite sure the customer did not inform you of this event at the time it happened?  Didn't sound like that earlier.

5 minutes ago, Flying W said:

So if 63v is empty does that mean this wheel will let us go down too 3.15 per cell like the 16x? 

Looks like it, unless people keep voting for plan 2.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, onizukagto said:

From Inmotion facebook:

"Dear all, we have two voltage plans available at a low battery for inmotion V11. What we called "GO Home" Mode. After tailback, 5 seconds later, the wheel will be automatically shut down. And you have to open the "Go home" mode in the app. Pls, share what you think. Thanks😀

Come and join the discussion on Telegram: https://t.me/Inmotiontelegram"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/2988874044543872/

What do you lads think of the "Go home" setting? 

FB_IMG_1591346692868.jpg

So if I didn't bring my phone, V11 will tailback, shut down at 80%. I'll be unable to turn on "Go Home" mode and can't ride anymore? 

1 hour ago, musk said:

This shipping converstion is a combination of boring, off-topic, and needlessly dragging a company through the mud.

I agree.  Was not my intention for this to turn into a multi page thread.  Nor did I try to drag a company through the mud.  

Was just sharing my experience. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BruceCLin said:

So if I didn't bring my phone, V11 will tailback, shut down at 80%. I'll be unable to turn on "Go Home" mode and can't ride anymore? 

It appears you do not need to use the go home mode, it will probably be a option in the settings like ride mode or speed control. 
I believe InMotion is just giving us more options and not taking away from the wheel. If the mode is left off the wheel will act as they usually do. Mode on, it warns you by tilting early and letting you plan out your ride to get home. 
great idea I say.

Edited by TheBladeOfHades
  • Like 3

Nice to have the option the app.   I dont know, I find it pretty rare to ride under 25-30%. Maybe I'm just used to the range on 16x.  Dont think I've got it under 30% yet.  My feet usually force me home before the battery does.  

• Like 2