WaveCut

16 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

*double-take* Wait, what? That's crazy. Can I ask where you got that number?

I guess it’s not a secret. I heard *thousands* of preorders. And they announced on the V11 unveiling that they had at that time 3500 preorders for V8F. 
Kingsong told last august or September that they sell 600 16Xs per month. I think our view is a bit skewed on this forum. Here it would seem Gotway sells much more than Inmotion. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I guess it’s not a secret. I heard *thousands* of preorders. And they announced on the V11 unveiling that they had at that time 3500 preorders for V8F. 
Kingsong told last august or September that they sell 600 16Xs per month. I think our view is a bit skewed on this forum. Here it would seem Gotway sells much more than Inmotion. 

Well V8 is the best selling wheel of all time, so no reason not to expect the same for the V8F.  It should sell even better.

37 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

*double-take* Wait, what? That's crazy. Can I ask where you got that number?

Yes you can but I can't tell. I can say this much I am not sure how much + 1k it is, only that it was 1k+ and it bumped up pretty fast within 2 days. From when I considered to go for for it to actually just doing it. So right now I don't know how long the queue is behind mine. But I would imagine that more are considering the V11 after the q&a went live from IM.

Many of the questions are things I raised collected here or I see people ask on IM WhatsApp channel.

The sad part is just now it would be perfect to go cruising on the V11. The next week forecast looks pretty EUC friendly in my area

5 minutes ago, Unventor said:

The sad part is just now it would be perfect to go cruising on the V11.

It’s been the same problem many times before. They seem to always miss the riding season. Same story with V10, 18L, 16X and Z10. Only some get them late summer and widely available in the fall season. Only Gotway seems to mostly get it right and unveil their wheels in early spring and have them shipped for the season. 

39 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Oh, I'm quite familiar with the fact that InMotion outsells all other brands combined. In fact the V8 alone outsells all Gotway wheels combined.

The reason for my surprise is simply the price delta between the V11 and the V8F--so 3500 preorders for the V8F at $1k doesn't necessarily imply to expect thousands of preorders for the V11 at $2k--which indeed makes that an accomplishment.

Edited by AtlasP

3 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I don't anymore. My 18XL seems robust and I'm happy with it. But yesterday I helped in tire change for a 16X and it's not great. Many screws were rusty and got broken when opened. One needed to be drilled out. The pedal hanger screws are soft as hell and almost destroyed at the assembly. Full of dust and water gets in. One crash has broken many many parts on the inner shell. It needed to be taped to hold together after one tire change. I also helped with a tire change for a V10F recently and it was much nicer inside, including screw quality and weatherproofing. It was a joy to open compared to even my 18XL. I have more trust in V11 quality. 

I recently did a tyre change to the CYT tyre everything went smoothly ,the pedals came off easy , the pedal hanger screws I did think was hard to get off and fear of rounding them off "UNTIL" I got a different big screwdriver and then they came off easy , there was no dust or rust and the hardest part about the tyre change was peeling the foam back to reveal the screws , this was my first ever tyre change and I didn't even need tyre levers to put the tyre back on 😁, anyway since riding the cyt tyre I decided to put my new CX tyre back on ,my girlfreind helped me with both of the tyre changes and actually said it was that easy i could do that myself but I won't let her though 😬

The first tyre change took 2 hours due to been careful and looking for proper tools and peeling back foam "different size screwdrivers do help 👍"

2nd tyre change took about an hour, both the CX and the CYT tyre I didn't need to use tyre levers , 

But yes one of my screws did break which I've just left as it seems solid enough if I don't crash😁 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geitknol said:

Inmotion made in my opinion the right choice with their V11 concept of suspension for the pedals only. That leaves the electrical connection between the wheel (motor)  and the electronics intact, with a fixed cable harness.

I think you have a valid point. I have seen mechanical wear on cables in The produts I work with in ny line of work. Making the flex un one direction isn't hard but in x and y direction is a different matter. Also the open part with linking cables between parts put the more at risk, unless they are installed in metal tubes.

I still think it will be very interesting to see what people think after 6 months ownership. Right now it is mostly speculation and expectations.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Unventor said:
2 hours ago, geitknol said:

Inmotion made in my opinion the right choice with their V11 concept of suspension for the pedals only. That leaves the electrical connection between the wheel (motor)  and the electronics intact, with a fixed cable harness.

I think you have a valid point. I have seen mechanical wear on cables in The produts I work with in ny line of work. Making the flex un one direction isn't hard but in x and y direction is a different matter. Also the open part with linking cables between parts put the more at risk, unless they are installed in metal tubes.

I still think it will be very interesting to see what people think after 6 months ownership. Right now it is mostly speculation and expectations.

Should also in theory be more durable & last longer  because it's working less by suspending less weight  if it's only suspending the rider instead of the whole wheel, not to mention weight/work been spread between two shocks instead of one.

Edited by Dave Wood
  • Like 1

Copper work-hardens, so the more a wire is flexed the harder and more brittle it becomes, making it want to break. I think we saw the KS-S18 motor wires go through a support channel on the left side of the wheel. I'd guess they'd try to make it last for 2 years of use, as that seems to be the lifespan of the average wheel. InMotion seems to have the design advantage.

Also notice the KS-S18 requires similar suspension tubes as InMotion's design and also takes up space out back, whereas InMotion's suspension components are inside the tubes.

5445783E-8833-4C3C-9701-C7FCA239E6A3.jpe

The seat looks so comfortable!
And that headline tho... I used to ride bike in the city, that headline is indeed at motorcycle level (not sport bike, but still...)

The wheel also seems durable, like a rock!

A very informative video and good fun to watch as always. We also now know how the wheel stands up to crashing (I counted 3 crashes) and it seems to do OK! The lights were what really stood out for me, both the front and rear were excellent. Performance seemed pretty good as well. The suspension was pretty much what I was expecting - better than a standard wheel but not quite as good as things could be. The range didn't seem brilliant either - I know Kuji rides hell for leather but he only weighs 70Kg. It will be interesting to see how it does with a heavier American on board. It might also be worth seeing what the bridge part of the wheel is made from before us heavier types start sitting on it. Overall a big success.

I had both this and the s18 in mind when thinking about buying a wheel this year.. I backed off both for now, which admittedly was kind of hard to do.

Looks like both of these wheels are going to be pretty good and worth the plunge if you want to dive in. For me, its going to be worth the wait for gen 2 or even gen 3 suspension wheels. For the price, there is just enough missing from each one that kind of makes me want to wait it out a bit. 

I think the newer last gen wheels are comfortable enough, and the longer range / bigger battery is just more worth the price of admission for me!

I have to admit though.. they both look great. I am def somewhat excited for how these designs get improved on. 

• Like 3

Everyone is kinda disappointed about the Battery life, but I reckon if you don't ride as hard as kuji, 90% of riders will get a decent range. And let's be honest here, Kuji never mentioned the range of the S18 either. 

So at least we got a solid real world number here. 

V11 looks amazing, can't wait to see kuji fit his trademark padding and we'll have him saying it's better then the msx in everything. Lol

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 1

I had to buy a V10F cos my V5F died (OK, tired went pop) so had to get a new unit ASAP. 

Was holding out for V11 but I guess I have to wait for V11F, gutted but its a good thing. Riding a taller V10F unit is way different style to the V5F. 

Should be ready for a suspension unit when the V10F gives up on me. (silently urging it)