first electric unicycle with shock-absorbing function

x2046

That looks cool.   Hey at least they are experimenting with a few ideas!   Instead of suspension springs for support, I wonder whether dampening springs or leaf spring system that is compressed might be better.  It's always good when a manufacture is considering different mods that might be implemented in future designs.

33 minutes ago, Chriull said:

For beeing the first it's a little bit late...

Just one from searching a bit around here:

that is very cool& creative, never saw it before. since the title of "first" is no longer available, it seems only leaves GotWay the option of being a better&improved unicycle with suspension feature. :D

28 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

That looks cool.   Hey at least they are experimenting with a few ideas!   Instead of suspension springs for support, I wonder whether dampening springs or leaf spring system that is compressed might be better.  It's always good when a manufacture is considering different mods that might be implemented in future designs.

thanks @Hunka Hunka Burning Love   maybe  your methods would be used on next edition of GotWay's products,  and it would also be a very good suggestion to other manufacturers in this industry.

57 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder whether dampening springs

@x2046, who cares if it's a "first" or not, it is well implemented and looks strong. Like @Hunka Hunka Burning Love though, my first thought when watching the feet bouncing up and down in close up was: "Wow!, I wonder how far I could ride before I was sea sick!".

It definitely needs some form of dampening as well, but other than that it must help take quite a lot of the shock load off of the wheel so it would probably also help the EUC be less prone to breaking, a win, win for the rider and EUC.

One other thought I would like to see tested: how does it perform when trying to jump up onto kerbs as well as when you drop down off of them. I'm not sure if the springing would make it easier to jump the wheel up kerbs, or possibly make it an awful lot harder?

Archived