16x Issues Thread

eucinsea

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Your 18L has a reversing camera???   :shock2:   AWESOME!!!   :thumbup:

Nope not really, but I guess I could do it with the Sony FDR-X3000R action cam and its remote screen...so the though is not far off. 

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Lately there has been a lot of talk about rain protection. While the EUC Bodyguard will prevent a lot of water getting to the wheel it can't be considered waterproof (as there are too many holes). But... There may be something else brewing in the Roll.nz R&D lab...   ;)

I don't think it was the rain that did create my issue, but until I know what the dealers investigation of the wheel show. I think it is like eh water carried by the tire to the area of the front rubber piece. BUT that is pure speculations....

Hmm so Roll.nz R&D lab and Amce  @Rehab1 inc. are building new things again:popcorn:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harvey Pooka said:

On facebook I saw a reference that kingsong has provided the dealers with suggestions on how to prevent dust from entering. Does anyone know what these suggestions are?

1 hour ago, ElectriQ User said:

Maybe is top secret ;)

I happen to be a dealer... And I have no idea what you are talking about!!!

So I guess everything you read on the Internet may not be true...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

There are some helpful folks on the King Song Facebook page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

There are some helpful folks on the King Song Facebook page.

image.thumb.png.008ecde68e7b1687432ed8931da141f2.png

• Like 2

I used the rapid charger for the first time, eWheels jr-t450, only the second charge for the wheel. The wheel was oddly double beeping every 5-10 minutes. After finishing charge, fired up the wheel and it promptly went dead. Won't turn on :-(

eWheels sent an email that someone's wheel caught fire after using the rapid charger! Just got the hang of this thing, really bummed I'm sending it back. . . .

• Like 2

on the topic of charging. 

I've noticed  that if I use the stock charger to a full charge that when I unplug the charger the wheel is still "on".  I had charged the 16x previously and left it till the power brick went green.   A few mornings later I  noticed a red light within the case on in the morning darkness.  The 16x was "on" but not to where it was balancing or LEDs lit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, have a quick question for you  all.  I’m not sure if this is something I need to worry about or if this is normal.  My 16x wheel doesn’t seem to be true.  Getting some wobble watching the wheel spin on while not he stand.  Got it from ewheels.. is this something I need to go back to them with?  

You can re-seat the tire (deflate, wiggle the tire around so it's on right and evenly, inflate). You should note that it's only the tire that rotates unevenly, not the motor itself.

But this kind of unevenness is completely unproblematic if you don't notice it during riding (in the form of repeating small "bumps" that come faster with speed). Most likely that's the case for you. No need to even reseat the tire. Also this is pretty much standard tolerances for electric unicycles today, so nothing out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, buell47 said:

@JonnyBonzScroll down the my first post til you see the rim. Probably the same problem as mine! 

Thanks @buell47.  Is that the tire not sitting correctly and having to mill out the valve hole?  Is it worth going through that trouble?  Was there a noticeable difference in how it rides?

28 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You can re-seat the tire (deflate, wiggle the tire around so it's on right and evenly, inflate). You should note that it's only the tire that rotates unevenly, not the motor itself.

But this kind of unevenness is completely unproblematic if you don't notice it during riding (in the form of repeating small "bumps" that come faster with speed). Most likely that's the case for you. No need to even reseat the tire. Also this is pretty much standard tolerances for electric unicycles today, so nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks.   The was the answer I was hoping for.  I never noticed it while riding only when up on the stand. 

13 minutes ago, JonnyBonz said:

Thanks @buell47.  Is that the tire not sitting correctly and having to mill out the valve hole?  Is it worth going through that trouble?  Was there a noticeable difference in how it rides?

For me it was unavoidable and I noticed it when I was riding. @RoadRunner had the same problem and could only fix it by reworking the valve hole. Otherwise the tyre could not be adjusted properly.

• Like 1

For the past month, I've been getting noticeable random forward tilt and back tilt. Before, it was slight and I just ignored it and kept going. 

I'm 190 lbs, 1st batch, v1.05... Temp was not high... usually happens at the beginning of the ride

I noticed it is effected and re-adjust when I go up or down a small incline or decline.

Does anyone have a solution or suggestion?

Thank you

On 11/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, DragonFZ said:

noticeable random forward tilt and back tilt

Okay, tonight I got some massive tilt back while riding on flat pavement.  It very slowly just kept tilting back more and more and more until it forced me to slow down to almost a complete stop, and then it took a while to flatten back out.  Happened several times tonight.  This was different than the sudden drop forward then slowly flattening out.  I have a Chao Yang tire, that's second batch right?  What's the solution?  Flash firmware 1.05 to 1.07?  Physically upgrade control board from v1.4 to v1.5?  Stop playing music and lose a key feature on a flagship wheel?

edit: Yeah, everything is fine until I turn music on, then it literally immediately started tiling again.

Edited by xorbe

2 hours ago, xorbe said:

Okay, tonight I got some massive tilt back while riding on flat pavement.  It very slowly just kept tilting back more and more and more until it forced me to slow down to almost a complete stop, and then it took a while to flatten back out.  Happened several times tonight.  This was different than the sudden drop forward then slowly flattening out.  I have a Chao Yang tire, that's second batch right?  What's the solution?  Flash firmware 1.05 to 1.07?  Physically upgrade control board from v1.4 to v1.5?  Stop playing music and lose a key feature on a flagship wheel?

@Jason McNeil started this topic as a warning, which may also offer other rider's views and opinions to help you decide whether to proceed with upgrading the firmware!

Edited by fbhb

2 hours ago, xorbe said:

I contacted Jason at eWheels... response: 

Have you tried running a calibration on the Wheel? This usually corrects those undulations. Please also upgrade to v1.07, a number of Customers have reported v1.05 cutout events.

So, I upgraded tonight from v1.05 to v1.07 and did a calibration. The KS16X definitely feels different. Its more responsive and the foot pedal is a harder feel like the ground when leaning forward. Didn't realize it was giving way (softer feel) before. Only rode 4 miles after the upgrade, didn't have any random tilts.

36 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:
So, I upgraded tonight from v1.05 to v1.07 and did a calibration. The KS16X definitely feels different. Its more responsive and the foot pedal is a harder feel like the ground when leaning forward. Didn't realize it was giving way (softer feel) before. Only rode 4 miles after the upgrade, didn't have any random tilts.

I've been on 1.07 since it was first available... and I love it! It is definitely an improvement. 

Listen up people... Upgrade!

• Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 4:34 AM, xorbe said:

edit: Yeah, everything is fine until I turn music on, then it literally immediately started tiling again.

Stupid question for sure... did you make the Bluetooth patch? 

12 hours ago, buell47 said:

Stupid question for sure... did you make the Bluetooth patch? 

Someone told me the second batch (w/CY tire) had the BT patch applied already.  Was that correct or incorrect?