16x Issues Thread

eucinsea

3 hours ago, sparetire55 said:

@chrisjunlee @Patton250 Have the cases of your wheels started creaking when you squeeze with your ankles/legs? I'm starting to get some creaking whenever I shift my weight from leg to leg and I'm clamping on the wheel.

I'm wondering if every 200mi or so I should go through and tighten all the screws on the case and/or add some loctite to them.

Haven't noticed since I don't squeeze the wheel at all. Good idea to check exposed screws (pedal axle and handle). Those get loose

4 hours ago, sparetire55 said:

@chrisjunlee @Patton250 Have the cases of your wheels started creaking when you squeeze with your ankles/legs? I'm starting to get some creaking whenever I shift my weight from leg to leg and I'm clamping on the wheel.

I'm wondering if every 200mi or so I should go through and tighten all the screws on the case and/or add some loctite to them.

I haven’t noticed anything but now you make me want to check. But I only have about 130 miles on mine. 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:37 AM, sparetire55 said:

I tightened all the screws and the creaking has subsided a lot. I think I'll loctite them at 250mi just to be safe.

Sounds like Jason @ ewheels is sending everyone locktight with their rapid chargers. I just updated original post adding that.

EDIT: Can confirm Jason did send locktight, I just went and opened up my rapid charger I got yesterday.

Edited by prasket
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, prasket said:

Sounds like Jason @ ewheels is sending everyone locktight with their rapid chargers. I just updated original post adding that.

EDIT: Can confirm Jason did send locktight, I just went and opened up my rapid charger I got yesterday.

And on which screws do you put locktight?

21 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

And on which screws do you put locktight?

The top of the posts under the trolley handle has 2 screws that could use some loctite. I'm also adding some to all of my panel screws under the pads, and the 2 set screws that hold the metal bar in that slides through the pedals just for some peace of mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ok, not getting the 6 beeps after installing BT fix via thumb drive.  Thumb drive has both the bfu file and MP3 file in parent folder.  I get the Music Mode voice prompt and the light scheme changes indicating something taking place.  After a couple minutes, the lighting returns to it's standard green, charge level indication.

Any ideas?  Is everyone getting the 6 beeps?  Is there a way to determine of software fix was installed correctly?  I've gone through the process several times with same result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom D said:

Ok, not getting the 6 beeps after installing BT fix via thumb drive.  Thumb drive has both the bfu file and MP3 file in parent folder.  I get the Music Mode voice prompt and the light scheme changes indicating something taking place.  After a couple minutes, the lighting returns to it's standard green, charge level indication.

Any ideas?  Is everyone getting the 6 beeps?  Is there a way to determine of software fix was installed correctly?  I've gone through the process several times with same result. 

What did your dealer say about thus? it might be he/she already did the update.So it will not enter update mode again with same version.

12 hours ago, Unventor said:

What did your dealer say about thus? it might be he/she already did the update.So it will not enter update mode again with same version.

Good call.  I'll check with Jason on the BT update. 

12 minutes ago, stephen said:

So when i receive my 16x and update it to 1.05 do i still have to do the Bluetooth fix with usb ..?

Like above what do your dealer say? 

Mine said my wheel will be updated before he send it. (I believe it is the instructions from KS they do that). 

But what is installed would depend time of shipping from dealer. 

47 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Like above what do your dealer say? 

Mine said my wheel will be updated before he send it. (I believe it is the instructions from KS they do that). 

But what is installed would depend time of shipping from dealer. 

Ok I'll ask dealer 👍

18 hours ago, Tom D said:

Just updated mine today without a problem.  When it says parent folder, it just means put the files in the thumb drive without any folders at all.  Not sure if that is what you mean.

On 8/24/2019 at 6:33 AM, Tom D said:

I had exactly the same problem. Formatted the stick in 3 different filesystem formats, nothing worked.

What did work was simply using another USB stick.

8 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I had exactly the same problem. Formatted the stick in 3 different filesystem formats, nothing worked.

What did work was simply using another USB stick.

Thanks all.  Still not able to get BT update to take.  In fact, not able to even play music through the 16X (unless I am missing something in the app to actually enable me to play music?).  I generally don't use this feature, but my OCD just pushes me to have all updates in place.  So, this is kind of aggravating not being able to get this update completed and also not being able to figure out the music thing.  Not like this is my first rodeo or a noob at this stuff.

I'll try with another thumb drive and see if that works.  So, if any of you wanna let me know what obvious "thing" I'm missing to get music to play, I would be most appreciative.  I may even delete app and DL again from app store to see if I somehow did something during the 16X registration process. 

Edited by Tom D

39 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

What the heck is this noise? It only does it at slow speed quickly reversing direction as you can see in the video but none of my other wheels make this noise. 

Think your board might be loose , open it and make sure it's tight , that's all i can suggest others with more experience might know more

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Patton250 said:

What the heck is this noise? It only does it at slow speed quickly reversing direction as you can see in the video but none of my other wheels make this noise. 

I have to assume the only reason why one person has commented on this and not others is because no one has seen it. 

5 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I have to assume the only reason why one person has commented on this and not others is because no one has seen it. 

I’ve seen this behaviour allright, just not on the 16X. But I don’t have anything to add to the reply you already got. Could be true for others as well.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 5:33 PM, prasket said:
Process for Updating the Bluetooth Music Module  
Applies ONLY to the KS16X  
  1. Download the pdata.bfu“ file (link at end) AND a MP3 music file to a FAT32 Formatted USB stick—place on the the parent folder, without folders King Song 16X Firmware File
  2. Switch on the KS16X
  3. Go into the App & verify the Music function is enabled from the settings.
  4. Insert the USB stick into the left USB socket
  5. The Music module makes the announcement: "Enter Music Mode", then the installation process starts
  6. After installing the firmware, six long beeps will sound
  7. Disconnect the USB stick & switch off the Wheel
  8. Delete the .bfu file from the USB stick 

Hello gang how is it going, so last Friday watch some EUC video on U2  and everywhere i click is 16x,16x... so i decide to buy one, which im getting on Friday... but ive never own a KS (im a speed demon) so i ride a GW Tesla atm...  and im wondering: knowing that at today date(28/8) last  firmware came out a few dates ago (v1.05) i wonder if i update the firmware do i still need to do the BT MM? or with the last firmware is enought?

On 8/4/2019 at 5:33 PM, prasket said:
Applying Threadlocker to the handlebar screws:
Some feedback received from some of the first Customers, was that during use, vibration from riding can cause handlebar screw to fall-out. 

In the package with the charger, you should have received a small bullet tube of threadlocker, this is to apply to the screw that secures the handle to the retractable telescopic rails. Please allow it 20 minutes to dry before using. 

is that something to worries about or it has happen in a few random units?

hope u guys can help...   

55 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

With 1.05 (and the Bluetooth update) I get frequent pedal tilts with and without BT music enabled in the app (I tested this yesterday at Jason McNeil's suggestion).

With 1.01 and the BT fix the wheel was very rideable, with pretty much zero random tilt so long as I didn't play music. Now, I'm reluctant to ride this wheel, even though I'm on vacation and had been looking forward to doing so.

Jason looped in @Micheal Shen to our e-mail thread, so I'm hoping to get a response from KS very soon.

I hope something can be done to fix it soon, because I don't have much use for a 52lb, $2k paper weight.

Thanks for the update Jon. I added your comment to the OP. I wonder if we should start a `16x - BLE Pedal Tilt` thread?