16x Issues Thread

eucinsea

5 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

Man, I tried 36 for a few days (I weigh a hefty 215 lbs) and it jarred my teeth, BUT, I ride a lot in grass and gravel, it felt good on the tarmac though, as long as it was smooth, but any curbs or bumps and it was harsh, I learned on 28 lbs and never felt an issue to change it but that 36 I tried wasn't good for me, I dropped it down to 30 and it's nice and smooth and still turns good for me, I honestly think my sweet spot is between 28-30.  Have you tried anything around 25-30 just for kicks?  I ask cause you have tons more experience than I and I'm still learning, I'm all over anything with 2 wheels but this one wheel stuff is all new to me:/

I started on about 27psi that's what it was straight out of the box then when i got around to checking the pressure i pumped it to 35psi, after a bit of riding i lowered it down to 30 then 32 then and now I'm back on 35psi , i don't really watch my tire pressure i just get on and ride but it felt really soft the other day that's why i checked it , but it wasn't it was still on 35psi .i might check it with a different pump as some seen to be out sometimes 👍 thanks

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Leonardo Deleon said:

I used my KS-16X in the rain today, I protected the top with plastic so it would get soaked. But right now the ON/OFF button is not working, I can't turn off my wheel. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Got the same problem as well, what I done was to do a firmware update and the wheel shuts down after the update but the bad news is that you will not be able to switch it back on, the main board needs to be replaced because of the power switch. You can contact @Micheal Shen He's the Kingsong representative on this Forum. Wish you good luck amigo:thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonardo Deleon said:

I used my KS-16X in the rain today, I protected the top with plastic so it would get soaked. But right now the ON/OFF button is not working, I can't turn off my wheel. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Follow this topic:

KingSong should take very serious this issues.

2 hours ago, Leonardo Deleon said:

The problem is not the water that comes from above, but from everywhere else. In your case by splashing water through the gap between the housing and the front rubber buffer under the headlight. From there it is possible to go to the power button.

1 hour ago, ElectriQ User said:

Follow this topic:

KingSong should take very serious this issues.

Yes, there is the solution, I think, no matter if dust, dirt or water, whereby the latter should be the most dangerous problem.

5 hours ago, Leonardo Deleon said:

I had similar issues. But it came to show a little different. But this was in very light rain too. 

I could turn on the wheel the next day, but it is a matter of trust riding an EUC. With that in mind I together with my deal decided to ship it back to deal for product investigation. KS is aware of my report. Tomorrow I expect my wheel to land at the dealer. So time will tell what the cause and fix will be.

Now you know some of the story @Marty Backe. I have details I have told dealer/KS know about, but I don't know if this give thoughts to a rework yet. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

I've be practicing in an empty parking lot and accelerating while in a turn.

EUCstand.jpg

I love your creative protective mods but am concerned about the PVC tubular extensions you attached. If you catch a bump or unlevel surface while accelerating through a turn the situation might turn ugly. Be safe!

25 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I love your creative protective mods but am concerned about the PVC tubular extensions you attached. If you catch a bump or unlevel surface while accelerating through a turn the situation might turn ugly. Be safe!

It is a competitive contraption to ride the unlock distance to @Rehab1threadmill/running band test. 😉

19 minutes ago, stephen said:

I think that's just a stand he made 😂

Shhhh we might get a @Rehab1 mk II device inn development 🤔😊

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, stephen said:

I think that's just a stand he made 😂

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Shhhh we might get a @Rehab1 mk II device inn development 🤔😊

@Rehab1 a.k.a MacGyver is building NOS exhausts for 16X! :clap3:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Having spent time inside a lot of our wheels (including KingSong), I don't think it's wise to ride in the rain. I know a lot of people do, but these things really are barely weather resistant let alone water resistant. There are so many entry points for water to get into the wheel I don't think it's wise unless to water proof it yourself like @EUC GUY has done.

Well we don't all live under the Californian sun. 

I don’t ride through pools of water either and in heavy showers I pause until it passes. 

I had no issues with V8 nor KS18L... Tomorrow I might a first impression from dealer. It should arrive at his place at least. 

I do think I will have to ask @The Fat Unicyclist for an order, I need to get more info on my wheels status first.

Also I am waiting from a reply for spare parts for my KS18L as my order got burned up during shipping from China to my dealer. 

It has been a real unlucky few weeks :blink1::wacko:.

And of corse I have to get a redo service on my can as a software update went wrong so my reverse camera is just showing a round raw picture. 

I have put of recordings too as my pc broke down, turned out to be a faulty psu, and got it exchanged under warranty though, after 3 weeks... 

So right now what can possibly go wrong now? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I don’t ride through pools of water either and in heavy showers I pause until it passes. 

I had no issues with V8 nor KS18L... Tomorrow I might a first impression from dealer. It should arrive at his place at least. 

I do think I will have to ask @The Fat Unicyclist for an order, I need to get more info on my wheels status first.

Also I am waiting from a reply for spare parts for my KS18L as my order got burned up during shipping from China to my dealer. 

And of corse I have to get a redo service on my can as a software update went wrong so my reverse camera is just showing a round raw picture. 

I have put of recordings too as my pc broke down, turned out to be a faulty psu, and got it exchanged under warranty though, after 3 weeks... 

Don't tempt fate :mellow:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Someone’s been spying on my latest project! :ph34r: 

48867135248_2dda5bcc47_b.jpg

I were wondering why we have not seen any amazing autumn videos from you lately.... 

Edited by Unventor

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Having spent time inside a lot of our wheels (including KingSong)

Either you just have bigger wheels in the US like most other things over there.... 

Or you are really small yet mass dense.... 🤔

Or you have a magic brew....😇

Maybe you can make an inside tour soon? 😉

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Either you just have bigger wheels in the US like most other things over there.... 

Or you are really small yet mass dense.... 🤔

Or you have a magic brew....😇

Maybe you can make an inside tour soon? 😉

:roflmao:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

Your 18L has a reversing camera???   :shock2:   AWESOME!!!   :thumbup:

Lately there has been a lot of talk about rain protection. While the EUC Bodyguard will prevent a lot of water getting to the wheel it can't be considered waterproof (as there are too many holes). But... There may be something else brewing in the Roll.nz R&D lab...   ;)

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Someone’s been spying on my latest project! :ph34r: 

48867135248_2dda5bcc47_b.jpg

Its a jet powered euc ,,i like it 👍

12 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

There may be something else brewing in the Roll.nz R&D lab...   ;)

Oooh you tease 😁 my bodygaurd is in the post 😁😁😁 just in time for winter to keep my baby warm 😊

• Like 2