16x Issues Thread

eucinsea

1 hour ago, Jean Dublin said:

How strong is the shell plastic compared to other EUCs? 

An EUC seller shared a picture of the 16X after a fall at 30km/h with a debug test firmware only dealers have access to.

Screenshot_20190812_181337_com.whatsapp.png

Impressive that the gopro mount still sticks. On mine it doesn't work. I had to stick it to the side :D 

2 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

So the firmware is still no good.  :laughbounce2:

It wasn't the official KingSong firmware, but one that he was most likely not supposed to try, if I didn't understand wrong what he said himself. 

@US69 and any KS rep

So are we aware of what serial No's run for the 1st batch of KS16X

Then would be good to see if KS can confirm what has been fixed 2nd batch and have corresponding serial No's

Then batch 3 

This would then be an easy check to relate to issues yr wheel May have 

just a thought 🤔

1 hour ago, GreyRider said:

The Kingsong consumer app states there is an update available to v3.1.4. I tried several times to update it from the app and it downloads, but fails to upgrade the app. The version in the Google Play store is still v3.1.3. I unintalled the app on my phone and downloaded the apk from Kingsong.com and installed the app. The version on my phone is now v3.1.4. This version  of the app now reports the correct battery percentage for the KS-16X.

Worked also for me.

1. Uninstall Google Play Store version
  2. Download APK from KingSong website (direct link: http://47.106.14.253/upload/android_version/KingsongAndroid APP.apk)
  3. Install the APK

However, still no 1.03 firmware available and stuck with 1.00 "for test" firmware.

Screenshot_20190809-093022_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.6b384fd3a82c8c50f9ee47c8db2b165f.jpg

Screenshot_20190809-093026_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.960b5b8cedfaa5365e97219ce00698de.jpg

Screenshot_20190809-093026_Kingsong.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Philippe @ Taiwan said:

Worked also for me.

1. Uninstall Google Play Store version
  2. Download APK from KingSong website (direct link: http://47.106.14.253/upload/android_version/KingsongAndroid APP.apk)
  3. Install the APK

However, still no 1.03 firmware available and stuck with 1.00 "for test" firmware.

Screenshot_20190809-093022_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.6b384fd3a82c8c50f9ee47c8db2b165f.jpg

Screenshot_20190809-093026_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.960b5b8cedfaa5365e97219ce00698de.jpg

Screenshot_20190809-093026_Kingsong.jpg

I was at firmware v1.00 just after receiving my 16X and the app notified me of a firmware update. This update downgraded it from v1.01 to v1.00 and the app then locked out most functions of the wheel.

I was able to get it back to firmware v1.01 using the Engineer's App provided to me by Jason from ewheels. I had to turn the wheel upside down and then turn it on before the Engineer's App would force the upgrade. In the Engineer's App I choose v102 in the app (v101) was not available there. After upgrading the Consumer App now reports v1.01 and all functions in the app are now working.

This is very strange, but it worked. I learned how to force the firmware upgrade by finding option 6 under Mine -> Serve -> After-sale Enquiry  in the Consumer App.

I hopes this helps you.

Screenshot_20190807-105141 (1).jpg

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 2:56 AM, GreyRider said:

I was able to get it back to firmware v1.01 using the Engineer's App provided to me by Jason from ewheels. I had to turn the wheel upside down and then turn it on before the Engineer's App would force the upgrade. In the Engineer's App I choose v102 in the app (v101) was not available there. After upgrading the Consumer App now reports v1.01 and all functions in the app are now working.

Hi,

I just followed your instructions and indeed, the wheel is now back to v1.01 with most features available.

Another issue arose: I can no longer change the speed settings and the wheel is stuck with the factory defaults (18/19/20/20)..

Screenshot_20190815-121112_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.936754e0aa8d741ee3164b6dfe5e41d8.jpg

So it looks I'm stuck with either:

• FW 1.03: no speed limit, no other settings
  • FW 1.01: speed limit, all other settings

:(

What have I missed on this thread? I have not seen my 16X since Sunday and I won’t see it again until tonight. Are you guys saying the new firmware came out and those of you who downloaded it now have messed up 16X’s????  And since then most of you have been trying to reload the old firmware? 

42 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

What have I missed on this thread? I have not seen my 16X since Sunday and I won’t see it again until tonight. Are you guys saying the new firmware came out and those of you who downloaded it now have messed up 16X’s????  And since then most of you have been trying to reload the old firmware? 

If prompted, don't update firmware for now, as it is a test version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I got a notice earlier that my order (2nd batch?) from ewheels has cleared customs and ships Monday. Email mentioned firmware should be ready in next few days.

——

no changes in hardware but new ones will be flashed with new firmware. 

Edited by prasket
Changes edit
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, magicrobots said:

Anybody have insight as to when an updated iOS app might drop which would allow battery percentage monitoring? I'd like to think it's published but awaiting approval from the Apple store but I don't want to assume anything...

That's what I've been told on Tuesday, but I call bullshit because the approval process never takes that long. In my experience it's usually done in 24 hours these days. Certainly not 5 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

That's what I've been told on Tuesday, but I call bullshit because the approval process never takes that long. In my experience it's usually done in 24 hours these days. Certainly not 5 days.

Well that depends, I can confirm my company have had  pendong 3-4 days for app approval of Apple. If they request any changes it can prolong the process. 

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well that depends, I can confirm my company have had  pendong 3-4 days for app approval of Apple. If they request any changes it can prolong the process. 

100% agree with this and we are in same boat with our iOS app at one of my gigs. 

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

I can't remember the last time we had this, and I upload multiple updates per month for multiple clients.

14 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

If they only used a 5 cent nylock nut 🤦‍♀️

This looks a lot like the 16S handle, where they don’t use nuts at all. The screw threads directly to the handle.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:51 AM, Chronic said:

I just finished firmware upgrade to V1.04

Same (thanks for the heads-up!)

Will test it these days and feedback!

@chrisjunlee @Patton250 Have the cases of your wheels started creaking when you squeeze with your ankles/legs? I'm starting to get some creaking whenever I shift my weight from leg to leg and I'm clamping on the wheel.

I'm wondering if every 200mi or so I should go through and tighten all the screws on the case and/or add some loctite to them.