16x Issues Thread

eucinsea

3 hours ago, Chili D said:

no. i said i was inside my house. 

I just realized that my comment probably sounded like from a true jackass. I apologise, not my intent at all!

”Automatic torch” is a name for a feature in DarknessBot, which automatically engages the headlight if connecting to the wheel once the sun has set in your area. It doesn’t depend on the actual ambient light levels.

Hi. I'm reading many, many reviews of KS 16X and most of them are negative. It seems 90% of the forum is talking about the firmware updates etc. So my question is  simple - Is the KS 16X worth it and fun wheel now, when the first few months of many complains were fixed now in 2020 with the firmware updates?

Just now, Ddolik said:

Hi. I'm reading many, many reviews of KS 16X and most of them are negative

That's simply wrong.

Where are all those negative reviews you talk about? 

1 minute ago, Ddolik said:

Is the KS 16X worth it and fun wheel now, when the first few months of many complains were fixed now in 2020 with the firmware updates?

Yes it is, unless your goal is to constantly ride at more than 45km/h. In that case I would get a Gotway Nikola or an MSX 100V.

I have zero problems with mine but I never go above 45km/h and usually ride 38-42 km/h.

• Like 3

Hi. I'm reading many, many reviews of KS 16X and most of them are negative. It seems 90% of the forum is talking about the firmware updates etc. So my question is  simple - Is the KS 16X worth it and fun wheel now, when the first few months of many complains were fixed now in 2020 with the firmware updates?

Simple answer: yes!

But might turn into a no or a maybe if you want to do one of the following:

• ride in rain a lot
  • ride at 50 km all the time
  • ride faster than 45 km/h all the time if you are heavy

9 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

That's simply wrong.

Where are all those negative reviews you talk about? 

First pages of 16x Issues Thread, lot of youtube reviews, important: 16x Riders, Please upgrade from v1.05 to v1.07! etc. many more.

The thing is, most of them might be seen as outdated, because it was first batches and in first months. That's why I'm asking. I made order yesterday. I just want to be sure.

8 minutes ago, Tazarinho said:

Simple answer: yes!

But might turn into a no or a maybe if you want to do one of the following:

• ride in rain a lot
  • ride at 50 km all the time
  • ride faster than 45 km/h all the time if you are heavy

Thanks sounds OK. I don't think its clever to ride fast all the time, more when the battery is getting less and less Voltage. I don't drive in rain, but if it happens during the ride, I would prefer to be OK.

Thanks for replies.

Edited by Ddolik

First pages of 16x Issues Thread, lot of youtube reviews, important: 16x Riders, Please upgrade from v1.05 to v1.07! etc. many more.

People that have nothing bad to say will not post here, or not as much. You get 10 pages filled with 5 people that complain.

The 10 people that are happy will not fill 10 pages repeating 5 times each "mine worked fine today!".

He doesn't seem to be too unhappy about it :) 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFeDZyrD6D5AjG1KSO9NLVQ/videos

• Like 3

From my personal experience: I had one of the first KS16X, and my main board died while sitting at my house. In the mean time there have been revisions of the main board with different layouts and I got an improved one installed.

This is the risk of getting a V1 of something. Pretty sure the platform is pretty stable now. 

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

People that have nothing bad to say will not post here, or not as much. You get 10 pages filled with 5 people that complain.

The 10 people that are happy will not fill 10 pages repeating 5 times each "mine worked fine today!".

He doesn't seem to be too unhappy about it :) 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFeDZyrD6D5AjG1KSO9NLVQ/videos

I like his videos when he rides in a full suit it just cracks me up. And for being a bit of a speed junky / performance nut he does seem to really like that 16x. So i think thats a good sign of how far the 16x has come since release. 

On 12/25/2019 at 5:37 AM, Skecys said:

Been stalking the forums for a couple of months now, since I got my V10 and started riding. Haven't had any issues with the Inmotion. 

Upgraded to a 16x recently. Love the wheel in general, very stable and nimble. But I do have a couple of issues that nobody seems to have/talk about. 

I have to calibrate the wheel a lot, is this normal? Whenever I let it sit for a couple of days (tilted on its nose) and then take it out, it dips a lot when turning to one side and tilts back to the other (on sharp turns). I have tried calibrating meticulously using bubble ruler as well as quick ones using a stair. Same result. A calibration does fix the issue temporarily though. 

Also the running leds seem to turn off at high speed and come back on when slowing down? Will need to run more tests. 

From the information I gathered in this thread I'm on a 1.4 board second batch unit (I don't ride with music for now). 

Any help or clues would be welcome! Still enjoying the wheel as is 😀

I would hate to send you on wild goose chase.  On the other hand, I was having this same problem with my 18XL and was sad :( that no one else seemed to have the same problem or at least talk about it.  This issue was fixed for me only after I changed the motor.  (For an unrelated reason.)  I was very happy and surprised that the issue completely disappeared after that.  Behaved like a very different wheel.  I don't know enough to know whether there is any logic to it from an engineering perspective, but the change was so noticeable it can't have been voodoo.  Something happened with that swap-out that fixed it.  GL. 

**Oh, sorry, I see that it was resolved with Bluetooth update.  Scanned to quickly... 

Edited by Paul2579

How difficult is to get on the KS16X? Im riding V5F and getting on the V5F is no issue for me so far. But I wonder if i will instantly notice how the wheel agile speed up, which could feel differently and dangerously for the few first times.

It's easier. The thicker tire makes it more stable and you need to work harder to make it accelerate because it's heavier. 

Both my girlfriend and my dad who are still learning prefer the 16X to the V8 in my case.

Edited by Tazarinho
spelling

7 hours ago, Ddolik said:

How difficult is to get on the KS16X? Im riding V5F and getting on the V5F is no issue for me so far. But I wonder if i will instantly notice how the wheel agile speed up, which could feel differently and dangerously for the few first times.

For me, I think it's just a matter of remembering to step up a bit more.  With my MCM3, I don't really have to lift my foot far up to the pedal before I go.  For my 16x, I definitely have to step higher to get on the pedal.  But beyond that, it seems the same to me.

On 12/25/2019 at 11:37 AM, Skecys said:

I have to calibrate the wheel a lot, is this normal? Whenever I let it sit for a couple of days (tilted on its nose) and then take it out, it dips a lot when turning to one side and tilts back to the other (on sharp turns). I have tried calibrating meticulously using bubble ruler as well as quick ones using a stair. Same result. A calibration does fix the issue temporarily though.

I seem to have this as well. It's the first time I actually let the wheel sit for a couple of days (although upright), and this morning I noticed the dips.

Will try the bluetooth update, once I get hold of an empty USB key. :)

• Like 1

What tire presure (kPa or PSI) would you recommend to winter days and 110kg rider clothing and helmet included in the weight?

Also... I have issues with connecting the ks16x with my bluetooth and kingsong app. The wheel is beeping a lot if it's moving (by hand, so far no luck with turning it on for the gyrostabilizers to start working, or connecting it with the app)

1 hour ago, Ddolik said:

What tire presure (kPa or PSI) would you recommend to winter days and 110kg rider clothing and helmet included in the weight?

The wheel is beeping a lot if it's moving 

Make registration to work fully. You can directly download other(older) version app without problems all info is here. Is video about this on Denis chanel.

Here is love me and (doufám že mi to pučíš  :w00t2: na tesťík odkud jsi pošli zprávu do pošty)

All info here what you need thx me and DENIS

115Kg here 2,5 Bar or 35 PSI is all about terrain you go.

Edited by DjPanJan
PSI
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 12:04 PM, Tazarinho said:

I seem to have this as well. It's the first time I actually let the wheel sit for a couple of days (although upright), and this morning I noticed the dips.

Will try the bluetooth update, once I get hold of an empty USB key. :)

The problem returned for me, less frequent but it was still there. I contacted my dealer and they are going to swap the motherboard. Hopefully I will have a fully functional 16X in a couple of weeks... :wacko:

Maybe you also better contact your dealer, just to be safe. Finding out I might have a faulty main board scared me lol.

• Like 1

If I have set the 1st and 2nd alarm to 0km/h and and third alarm to 47km/h, with tiltback to 49km/h and after some riding the battery status is 50% and less, which means the wheel will be slower, is the 3rd alarm going to be lowered too so it keeps up with the battery charge status?

15 hours ago, Skecys said:

The problem returned for me, less frequent but it was still there. I contacted my dealer and they are going to swap the motherboard. Hopefully I will have a fully functional 16X in a couple of weeks... :wacko:

Maybe you also better contact your dealer, just to be safe. Finding out I might have a faulty main board scared me lol.

Oh crap, I hoped the BT update would fix it (haven't done it yet). Thanks for the heads-up. Yes, scary thought indeed!

2 hours ago, Ddolik said:

If I have set the 1st and 2nd alarm to 0km/h and and third alarm to 47km/h, with tiltback to 49km/h and after some riding the battery status is 50% and less, which means the wheel will be slower, is the 3rd alarm going to be lowered too so it keeps up with the battery charge status?

I ride with my alarm set to 45 kmh.
Once the battery runs down a bit and I can no longer hit 45 kmh I will no longer trigger the alarm.
This will continue down to 66V. At 66V the wheel will be limited to 30 kmh and once again sound the speed alarm.
Shortly after the voltage alarm will also start.
I think the behaviour is correct because I would not want to be capped at 42 kmh (or 37 kmh or any other number lower than 45) at 72V and getting a speed alarm telling me that i'm doing 45 kmh.

You can see the low battery behaviour of the 16X in my testing that I did here with FW 1.07. I have embedded the link with the timestamp to the relevant part.

• Like 3

Thanks.

What the "really real" range you can have on KS16-X?

I'm 110kg including all clothes and safety. I started at around 85% battery capacity for my longest trip, and ended at my home with around 30% capacity, riding at max possible speed (45km/h - 28mph). Route was around 32km (19,8miles) took 55% of capacity? Winter, around 5ˇC (41F).

Here is link for the route. Not possible to use google maps as it's more difficult to pinpoint the route, sorry.

https://mapy.cz/zakladni?planovani-trasy&x=14.4192713&y=50.1510590&z=12&dim=5e25b5fefd0bcb232ab19274

Elevation: 161m up, 163m down, 32km range.

At around 40% of battery capacity max speed was very reduced, i guess to around 30kmn/h and then even less.

53 minutes ago, Ddolik said:

What the "really real" range you can have on KS16-X?

There's no straightforward answer to this. Rider weight is one factor, temperature, tire pressure, wind resistance, elevation, speed and how fast you brake/accelerate are also factors.
Under 10% it becomes impossible to ride.

Personally I'm about 100 kg geared up and usually have a backpack of +- 10 kg, so a similar riding weight. When I plan a trip these days (winter temperature) I set 60 km as my maximum. If I want to do more I try to aim for a route that will end at a lower elevation than I start at (most I've done is 65 km) , but of course you can't do this for loops. For a  60 km trip I will fully charge my wheel.

However I usually ride 30-35 km/h, so a bit slower than you and probably with a fair bit less wind resistance. If off-road I might even go slower. If I see that I'm draining my battery faster than I anticipated I either ride slower, or map a new, shorter route.

So for me, the answer is 60-65 km