KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

12 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

It was just steep hills up and down up and down, roots everywhere,tight slopes right and left, jumps and so on, i had to be focused on point the whole time.

Did you record the track? I'm looking for nice places near my location. :D

@ir_fuel sorry, wrong quote 

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Just a short question...

Do anyone see any issue with painting the bare metal part of the rim? I were thinking it shouldn't be that hard to mask the motor part with a plastic bag and then hang it is a string loop where the tube is located. (tagging @US69

Main reason I look at doing this is the winter weather and salts used on roads here. I can see it took a toll on my KS18L rim with just 1 winter season already. Smalls rust spots are starting to show on the rim.

Hy Unventor,

i havent heard of People doing that...but i see no reason why it should not work.

What came to my mind: I have seen Special Stickers for such rims...to make them look nicer and protect them.

Wouldnt that be easier?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, US69 said:

Hy Unventor,

i havent heard of People doing that...but i see no reason why it should not work.

What came to my mind: I have seen Special Stickers for such rims...to make them look nicer and protect them.

Wouldnt that be easier?

Maybe, but I have never seen those. 

48321913631_7b8ce30b3e_b.jpg

The part I were thinking of is the bare metal between tyre and the motor unit here marked with KS. I know it is just cosmetic. But it could be black or a reflective paint or even a contrast to design, like bright red. 

Do you have link to those stickers? 

Edited by Unventor

58 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Maybe, but I have never seen those. 

48321913631_7b8ce30b3e_b.jpg

The part I were thinking of is the bare metal between tyre and the motor unit here marked with KS. I know it is just cosmetic. But it could be black or a reflective paint or even a contrast to design, like bright red. 

Simply dismount the tyre and the engine and do a good paint job. :D
A sticker doesn`t protect the rim for salt and oxidation. You can`t protect the whole rim with the sticker and at the edge you have same problem again.

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Aaa, OK, Now i got you!

The Stickers i meant where just for the outer ring, and will not help you. Yeah, guess you have to paint then?!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, US69 said:

Aaa, OK, Now i got you!

The Stickers i meant where just for the outer ring, and will not help you. Yeah, guess you have to paint then?!

Come to think of it, sticker even if they exist for this, might not be a great idea. 

Just in case it should loosen for whatever reason then you might find you in an interesting situation as it entangles in the motor/case. 

I could just see what could happen... :facepalm:

So I think I am back to paint.... What colour to pick? Hmm maybe... 

20180927_001407.thumb.jpg.05f9a995430fee82594819145da5cb7f.jpg

My TSG Pass helmet colour would be great... 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

Kingsong KS16X: A long overdue preview and initial impressions video. 

Ps: My first vlog, gotta work on some idiosyncrasies that I have 😂😂😂

Filmed entirely on my iPhone and video was pumped out in a few hours. Hope the Singaporean accent isn’t too terrible for you guys. It’s my first time doing a video “vlog style”, a little nervous and unnatural 🤣

That was a great video! And don’t worry, your English was perfectly suitable.

What I would’ve liked to see is riding on at least a bit rougher ground. I didn’t expect you to take your friend’s wheel to a hardcore MTB track, but a few comments on comfort at curbs, cobblestones or smooth dirt paths would’ve been great extra.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CampDylan said:

Speedy Feet’s review FTW:

Finally a video where you can see how such an EUC with such tires easily gets over these fat roots. :thumbup:

Now the anticipation is even bigger, because exactly for these trails I ordered the 16X. :dribble:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

The push is on for 1000 miles 

Nice to hear you're not letting a little bit of missing skin hold you back.  it will be a long long while for me to hit 1k.

1 hour ago, DragonFZ said:

My 16X will arrive tomorrow. So, I installed the Kingsong 3.13 from Play Store. I'm not doing anything on the phone and the Kingsong App is crashing. 

That sucks.  I'm on iOS, but I haven't tried to download the Kingsong app yet.  Hopefully your issue is resolved.  I'm guessing both of our 16x's were riding together in the Fedex Semi.  Mine surprisingly made it to town early and is suppose to be delivered today.  Unfortunately I probably won't get a chance to mess with it until this weekend.  I want to prep the wheel first.  Do the updates and get a bunch of foam padding around it, for all of the falling over it will do while I learn to use it.

• Like 2

So i bought the 16x 😁😁

Well I've loved it from day one i have MSX for speed  i loved my ks16s but small battery , z10 is just incredible i love it , i needed something inbetween with range and i think the nikola is just ugly,  I've thought to long now and the little bugs is nothing to be bothered about , i think I've got a good selection of wheels to cover every riding situation , ks16x does it for me hence the purchase 👍👍

I think it will be a good wheel  somewhere inbetween the z10 and msx looking forward to receiving it 😊

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My 16X arrived today. Wife no like. Me like. Wife take MSX. We ride.

Cant wait for an updated review once you've had chance to ride it 👍👍 congratulations 😊

3 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

My 16X will arrive tomorrow. So, I installed the Kingsong 3.13 from Play Store. I'm not doing anything on the phone and the Kingsong App is crashing. 

ksapp.jpg

Just try the 3.1.4 from the Kingsong website. 

Installed right now, opened and registered without any problems on Android 9 (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) 

Tomorrow I can test it also on the new Galaxy Note 10+ :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stephen said:

So i bought the 16x 😁😁

Well I've loved it from day one i have MSX for speed  i loved my ks16s but small battery , z10 is just incredible i love it , i needed something inbetween with range and i think the nikola is just ugly,  I've thought to long now and the little bugs is nothing to be bothered about , i think I've got a good selection of wheels to cover every riding situation , ks16x does it for me hence the purchase 👍👍

I think it will be a good wheel  somewhere inbetween the z10 and msx looking forward to receiving it 😊

Haha, the same reason why I too choose the 16x over the nikola, I find it absolute ugly.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've watched some unboxing videos and there was a fuse in the box. I just took delivery of my 16x, but I can't find the fuse. I'm hoping it's just an easily replaceable fuse. Can anyone tell me what fuse it is. Hopefully it will never be needed.

Initial thoughts. Wow this thing is heavy but the size is really good. I have nothing to compare it to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genghis said:

I've watched some unboxing videos and there was a fuse in the box. I just took delivery of my 16x, but I can't find the fuse. I'm hoping it's just an easily replaceable fuse. Can anyone tell me what fuse it is. Hopefully it will never be needed.

Initial thoughts. Wow this thing is heavy but the size is really good. I have nothing to compare it to.

It’s an automotive fuse. Green = 30A

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Genghis said:

Mine came with 2 fuses. Both were green and I think they were 30a. Looked like the small automotive fuses that are about the size of a fingernail.

• Like 1