KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

12 hours ago, buell47 said:

what criminal offence have you committed?

Lol, it’s by choice.  I’m on a ‘vision quest’ of sorts.  242 days so far, going very well.  Only downside is I got my 4-thousand dollar Haibike stolen from there and that’s what brought me here to the world of EUC.  I needed something I can bring down to the tent with me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, CampDylan said:

What about the KS16x's ability to pop wheelies?  Can we talk about that here?  

7 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

After reading hours of bitching and moaning over and over again, this is the absolute best post in this thread. No contest,

Every time I lean back to try and pop one on my ACM it just slows down.

I think it's defective or gotway needs to tune their algorithm / firmware.

What you guys think?

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Heyzeus said:

Every time lean back to try and pop one on my ACM it just slows down.

I think it's defective or gotway needs to tune their algorithm / firmware.

What you guys think?

That's a serious issue. I would advise everyone to stop using their ACM until they release a fix.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/6/2019 at 7:07 AM, buell47 said:

Can you measure exact the tire high and wide from the Nikolas CST C-1488 and the CX321/CX327 from the 16X? I hope both have the same rim wide! 

20 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Sure.  I won’t be able to do that until I get home Friday. 

It would also be nice if you do the same air pressure on both before you start a comparison measurement. :wub:

On 8/2/2019 at 3:25 PM, Marty Backe said:

My 100-volt Nikola Plus gets many more miles than my 84-volt Nikola. This is real-world results not theory.

OK, good to know. Actually someone I know with a 84v MSX told me he did 105km at 30km/h cruising speed, and he is not a light rider, I was surprised. I guess that it's because he wasn't riding aggressively. 

Then a 100v with same Wh capacity at 30km/h should do more range, of course. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

OK, good to know. Actually someone I know with a 84v MSX told me he did 105km at 30km/h cruising speed, and he is not a light rider, I was surprised. I guess that it's because he wasn't riding aggressively. 

Then a 100v with same Wh capacity at 30km/h should do more range, of course. 

@Marty Backe, the 84V and the 100v has different capacity batteries pack.  You should get more miles out of the 100v

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

@Marty Backe, the 84V and the 100v has different capacity batteries pack.  You should get more miles out of the 100v

Of course I know that. You are missing the context from which I made the statement that you are responding to. Just so you don't think I'm a fool :) here it is:

@Jean Dublin stated:

I think a 100v 1845wh may even do less range than the KS16X 84v 1600wh. 

Saying that because the MSX 84v "1600wh" does about 60km range while the KingSong 18XL 1554wh does 90-100km range.

My 18L 1000wh does 55-65km. 

That is why I'm asking for a KS16X range test, to know if it is as efficient as the 18L/XL.

implying that that 16X could get more range that the 100-volt 1845wh Nikola.

So I said:

My 100-volt Nikola Plus gets many more miles than my 84-volt Nikola. This is real-world results not theory.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The 16X should have a range between the 18XL (higher range than the 16X) and the 1600Wh Gotways (lower range) from how they set the 0% voltage. No idea if it is also more efficient, I would guess probably not (notably if at all).

Looking forward to see some range test results.

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The 16X should have a range between the 18XL (higher range than the 16X) and the 1600Wh Gotways (lower range) from how they set the 0% voltage. No idea if it is also more efficient, I would guess probably not (notably if at all).

Looking forward to see some range test results.

Why would the 18XL have higher range?

5 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Why would the 18XL have higher range?

The 18XL depletes the batteries further than the 16X (3.0V per cell instead of 3.15V) and the Gotways don't deplete the batteries as far as the 16X (3.3V instead of 3.15V). So, assuming the 18XL and 16X have similar firmware, you can expect a bit more range from the 18XL.

I don't think anybody here has tested that yet so this is just a prediction.

• Like 1

In KujiRolls video comparing the 18XL and the MSX, he said the 18XL got greater range because the thinner tire had less rolling resistance. If that's true then that's another reason why the 16X would have less range.

• Upvote 1

Just got the random TiltForward and TiltBack in a bit more controlled environment.  I was demo'ing the KS16x an our local motorcycle shop.

KS16x had been powered on about 5 min - I rolled it in under it's own power by the handle after grabbing it from the vehicle.  I played some music threw it via bluetooth from my iPhone (Motorcycle Idle sound effect - big use of Subwoofer, Motorcycle raving effect, and Khalid's Vertigo  as I did a lap around the shop to show them how it worked at about 2-5 mph.   Tilted seemed to co-inside with with the chorus kicking in, first tilting forward slowly then tilting backwards.

Took 2 shots, one where the handle is up and positioned against a vertical seem, and the other of the peddle tilt.

Ambient temperature outside 89f degrees, but the ks16x had been in an air conditioned car, and certainly the store was air-conditioned to about 78f.  Firmware 1.01 - freshly calibrated using packing materials (not by hand held).  After about 2 mins, it did right itself back to level.

It does seem likely that this version of it might be due to music or radio interference caused by the bluetooth or perhaps nearby wifi / electrical noise.

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

Edited by Mike Paolini
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Just got the random TiltForward and TiltBack in a bit more controlled environment.  I was demo'ing the KS16x an our local motorcycle shop.

KS16x had been powered on about 5 min - I rolled it in under it's own power by the handle after grabbing it from the vehicle.  I played some music threw it via bluetooth from my iPhone (Motorcycle Idle sound effect - big use of Subwoofer, Motorcycle raving effect, and Khalid's Vertigo  as I did a lap around the shop to show them how it worked at about 2-5 mph.   Tilted seemed to co-inside with with the chorus kicking in, first tilting forward slowly then tilting backwards.

Took 2 shots, one where the handle is up and positioned against a vertical seem, and the other of the peddle tilt.

Ambient temperature outside 89f degrees, but the ks16x had been in an air conditioned car, and certainly the store was air-conditioned to about 78f.  Firmware 1.01 - freshly calibrated using packing materials (not by hand held).  After about 2 mins, it did right itself back to level.

It does seem likely that this version of it might be due to music or radio interference caused by the bluetooth or perhaps nearby wifi / electrical noise.

Really does remind me of my Z10. It's the worst wheel I've ever had in terms of pedal calibration. I would really hate that on my 16X.

Sure hope it's not a hardware issue for you but my gut says it is. If it was firmware than everyone would be seeing this.

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Really does remind me of my Z10. It's the worst wheel I've ever had in terms of pedal calibration. I would really hate that on my 16X.

Sure hope it's not a hardware issue for you but my gut says it is. If it was firmware than everyone would be seeing this.

@Marty Backe
Perhaps not everyone is playing BT Music with significant bass or riding in high EM field areas he said hopefully?

(But yes I suspect you may be correct in that they probably need to add shielding to the control, and maybe some filters on the power lines).  It only ever really occurs once in a while, and once in a ride.  So far never at speed either.  Still, it's a trust issue because clearly it IS DOING the wrong thing, and I'd hate for it to decide to do that wrong thing at a really bad time.

<sigh>  No such problems with your Nikola eh?  I dislike the looks of the Roomba, but problem free would be a nice change of pace for a while...  on the other hand it really does feel like a grown up mTen3 - and I love that.

Edited by Mike Paolini
  • Like 1