THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Watching this, it strikes me that you've come a long way since when you first showed up here :)

:cheers:

Thanks Marty! Yeah, I really have, huh? I posted my 3rd day on here. And then my first actual ride, where I was able to continuously ride down the sidewalk, haha. I still remember how scared i was to go from the sidewalk down to the road. I thought I was gonna fall. Not being able to turn left. Being nervous the first time a car went to pass me. I rode a good 30km going about 9mph once, and it felt fast LOL. I thought I was absolutely tearing it up. Its pretty nuts to look back. This has been an amazing year. So happy I found this hobby and this community! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, seage said:

Thanks Marty! Yeah, I really have, huh? I posted my 3rd day on here. And then my first actual ride, where I was able to continuously ride down the sidewalk, haha. I still remember how scared i was to go from the sidewalk down to the road. I thought I was gonna fall. Not being able to turn left. Being nervous the first time a car went to pass me. I rode a good 30km going about 9mph once, and it felt fast LOL. I thought I was absolutely tearing it up. Its pretty nuts to look back. This has been an amazing year. So happy I found this hobby and this community! 

You look like you're ready to join the NYC crew :lol:

Just need a faster wheel ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

You look like you're ready to join the NYC crew :lol:

Just need a faster wheel ;)

Lmfaoo. I'm probably too cautious still XDD. Those guys scare me, haha. Im currently looking at the monster since I live in the boonies and can ride far, but it also has that good speed. We'll see XD

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 6:42 PM, ZenRyder said:

Should there be a forum dedicated to Videos since there are almost 600 posts on this thread? Why not just start another? Oh, because there are over 300 following this thread and new posts don't get the views, right?

@Gasmantle and  @ZenRyder , you seem to share a similar sentiment about the video thread, so I've started a new topic.

What do you guys think on the subject? And the veterans in the forum?

PLEASE reply in the thread I created on the topic, not here, this thread is chaotic enough as it is ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, travsformation said:

What do you guys think on the subject? And the veterans in the forum?

PLEASE reply in the thread I created on the topic, not here, this thread is chaotic enough as it is ;)

I think it would be interesting to try out a new video forum. It is nice scrolling through here and seeing the thumbnails though, pros and cons I suppose.

Also if anyone's interested, we take a look at GotWay's first electric scooter. Not an EUC, but kind of interesting how they transplated their EUC electronics into a scooter frame.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jimmy Chang said:

Vegas Group Ride hosted by EUCO.us. Had a blast, met some great people, tried some new wheels, saw some sights, and talked about night riding safety. 

When was this? I just got back from Vegas today. I was there most of last week for CES, and then back again this week for a work off-site. I was sans wheel, as I flew, but it would have been nice to have seen you ride by.

I also saw someone in the Venetian this morning with one of those backpacks. It was displaying 8-bit game images.

Edited by Jon Stern

Nice snow ride today.  My dog seriously wanted me to go beyond my comfortable speeds.  Funny though, the wheel (an MSX 100V with a 14-2.5" MX nobbie (18.75")) turns way easier in these conditions... to the point was often "over steer", especially at the start speeds.

Wheel log screen shots calculate out to a 38.7 mile range to use 100%.  In the graphic speed-log in wheel log, my version has the label kmh but it really is mph... I've verified that error in the app... IDK if its been fixed, haven't cared enough to find out.

Screenshot_20200118-161055_WheelLog.thumb.jpg.a5a4c3dd3cd0d69541e03185c49ac8c7.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-180811_WheelLog.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-180819_WheelLog.jpg

• Like 3

Curious: how many watt-hours are in a sled dog (fully fed)? Would be interesting to compare to wheel's capacity and predict how much the range can be increased with the dog pulling you. Perhaps, someone on the sled dog forums already estimated mechanical work performed by a typical dog (force times distance)?

6 hours ago, Aneta said:

Curious: how many watt-hours are in a sled dog (fully fed)? Would be interesting to compare to wheel's capacity and predict how much the range can be increased with the dog pulling you. Perhaps, someone on the sled dog forums already estimated mechanical work performed by a typical dog (force times distance)?

Its the 1350 WH version.   Also, my knees are soar/tired right now.  That ride was quite the unexpected workout.  I have stiff mussels from knee to shoulders.  I was standing way forward and grasping with my heels.  I need some power pads and pedal extensions. The snow right now is really heavy and wet, requires full power like going up a steep hill the whole time.

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+

32 minutes ago, Aneta said:

Any issues riding on the Las Vegas Strip sidewalks? I thought bicycles, scooters, etc. were prohibited on the Strip sidewalks. They don't enforce it?

Yes, I believe they are prohibited. But as you can see, I ride on the sidewalk with no issue. Some areas are more enforced than others.

36 minutes ago, Aneta said:

Any issues riding on the Las Vegas Strip sidewalks? I thought bicycles, scooters, etc. were prohibited on the Strip sidewalks. They don't enforce it?

As long as you're careful, it isn't too much of an issue. I think the police rather us be on the sidewalk than on the road anyway, unless of course there is a large group of us.

4 hours ago, travsformation said:

Short ride on the 18XL, through the woods and to the coastal town of Sitges, playing around with the creative possibilities of the Insta360

Nice :cheers:

33 minutes ago, Trevor Phillips said:

this popped up in my Yt feed

i cant understand a word 

but amazing riding!

YouTube's auto-translate does a descent job at translating this to English

Some potato quality, basically unedited footage (shared with me via iMessage - so compressed to hell).

Friend wanted to test his drone and the weather allowed me to get the MSX out for the first time in a while!

It was a little windy and I’m feeling more than a little rusty :D

• Like 2