THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Snorri Grissomson said:

Hi everyone :) I have received my first wheel (v5f) 2 month ago and I love it.

I am a cameraman and I find it perfect to use for moving shots.

I have maid a few videos, I hope you like them :

Great filming. I'd love to know what gear was used to shoot these.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The tyre is indeed in amazing! So comfy!

I put the relevant info as well as direct link to the wheel in the description of the video.

It is a custom made battery by 1radwerkstatt with smart BMS. You connect to the smart BMS with an app and can see the voltage per cell. 
Samsung 50e 5000mah 10Amp(2664wh) or Sanyo 4250mah 15Amp (2260wh)

https://www.1radwerkstatt.de/epages/80603321.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2F80603321%2FProducts%2FGotWay_Nikola%2FSubProducts%2FGotWay_Nikola-0002

You can contact our good old friend Ulf if you need any more info. He is not that active on the forum anymore but I put his mail address in the description of the video as well.

I can agree that especially the way you ride this battery would be a dream. I am going to see if I can get Kenny to do a range test. He used to commute to work on his Tesla. That's 20 miles to work (charge the wheel and then back). He would usually use the entire battery as he rides between 20-25mph the whole ride. So he should definitely be able to do the whole commute without charging... still I would like to have him do it so that I know for sure.

Thanks. I watched it here so of course there's no Video Description :D I'll check it out.

Wish we had a 1radwerkstatt here in the states.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Snorri Grissomson said:

I have maid a few videos, I hope you like them :

Welcome to the forum! :)

Gorgeous videos and filming! Especially the night shots, they look spectacular! :thumbup:

I think that many of us are going to want to pick your brains when the upcoming "video making" thread is created! ;)

Edited by travsformation

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice video, Marty! You're clearly devoting much more time to editing your videos since you retired and it really shows! I really like your new "format" ! :)

Gorgeous landscape, and what great, deserted roads to ride on! Man, am I envious!

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Snorri Grissomson said:

Thank you :)

I will be happy to answer any question

Great! I'll make sure to tag you when I get 'round to asking for pro tips to up my video game!

BTW, am also happy to help with any questions you might have on riding (although riding & filming (multitasking) at the same time after only 2 months...you're doing well!) :)

7 hours ago, travsformation said:

Nice video, Marty! You're clearly devoting much more time to editing your videos since you retired and it really shows! I really like your new "format" ! :)

Gorgeous landscape, and what great, deserted roads to ride on! Man, am I envious!

Thanks. I shot this one entirely with my phone, as an experiment.

Those were 25-miles (one way) of road like that. Hard to imagine better riding in this area of California.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, travsformation said:

Great! I'll make sure to tag you when I get 'round to asking for pro tips to up my video game!

BTW, am also happy to help with any questions you might have on riding (although riding & filming (multitasking) at the same time after only 2 months...you're doing well!) :)

Thanks a lot, I dont have any question right now. I just want to upgrade, the v5f is too slow and lacks range :), but I dont have the money for anything better yet :)

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 5:24 PM, Snorri Grissomson said:

I have made a few videos, I hope you like them :

so nice to watch !

• Like 3

On 1/29/2020 at 5:57 AM, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. I shot this one entirely with my phone, as an experiment.

Those were 25-miles (one way) of road like that. Hard to imagine better riding in this area of California.

On the phone?! What phone do you have, if it's easy to use than with an osmo-like for phones you are gonna be good to go! ;) 

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That mten3, my friend @Χρήστος Γεωργαμπλοπουλος has one and it's so enjoyable.. plus the older brother, his MSX, is fast! :P 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

On the phone?! What phone do you have, if it's easy to use than with an osmo-like for phones you are gonna be good to go! ;) 

That mten3, my friend @Χρήστος Γεωργαμπλοπουλος has one and it's so enjoyable.. plus the older brother, his MSX, is fast! :P 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+  I think for times when it's more convenient to just carry your phone, it shoots really nice image stabilized videos.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+  I think for times when it's more convenient to just carry your phone, it shoots really nice image stabilized videos.

well you have a great phone for videos.. 

and also a phone that can connect to two bluetooth audio devices at once, for example, one to play alerts on your ear with one small earpiece and one to play music to the wheel, but there is a need for some audio buffer to split them from app to app.. but still samsung devices from s7 edge and up can do 2x BT audio simultaneously.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

well you have a great phone for videos.. 

and also a phone that can connect to two bluetooth audio devices at once, for example, one to play alerts on your ear with one small earpiece and one to play music to the wheel, but there is a need for some audio buffer to split them from app to app.. but still samsung devices from s7 edge and up can do 2x BT audio simultaneously.

Really. Hmmm. I'll have to look into the details of doing that. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Really. Hmmm. I'll have to look into the details of doing that. Thanks for the tip.

If you want to root it there are more options, like alsa audio subsystem that you can mix and match each app audio, play with audio routes.

if you remain stock, you can have your wheel play music and for example have bt headset for calls ;) 

• Like 3