THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 1/28/2020 at 4:24 PM, Snorri Grissomson said:

Hi everyone :) I have received my first wheel (v5f) 2 month ago and I love it.

I am a cameraman and I find it perfect to use for moving shots.

I have made a few videos, I hope you like them :

Makes me want to visit Bruges and buy some real chocolate!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Creative Nomad said:

Hey guys, just want to share a video I put together. I'm still a newbie to the whole EUC world but in my time of riding I've noticed a few quirks that work against this niche within a niche. Would be great for you to have a look and let me know your thoughts :)

Very nice, I could see the edited portions being worthy of network TV. Great camerawork and editing, but above all else great audio balancing. Very professional!

You look so elegant and smooth and on the V10. Did you pick it up quickly or was there a bit of a time jump between edits here? (ah nvm saw on your other vid mention you have been riding for over a year now,)

I wish I had gone all in with a capable model like the V10 as my first wheel. We all know we'd love these things but there is still that tiny fear of maybe not liking it or not getting the hang of it and blowing too much money on the first (and sadly in some cases the last).

p.s. I think the learning curve really is the biggest fear. But I tell everyone that asks that it's very similar to learning to ride a bike, but most were way too young to remember how weird and difficult that seemed. I'd say by far though the clicking moment when you GET IT, when you just magically start riding smoothly on these EUCs is like nothing else. It's night and day and very satisfying and freeing. I think people also believe it would be as hard as learning to ride a normal unicycle....not even close, not by a long shot. WAYYYYYY easier, and much more forgiving.

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm testing the Skydio 2 to see if it fits with my style/workflow. So far I'm thinking the answer is Yes! I think it'll add another dimension to some of my videos.

I never thought of you as a ‘kick the tires’ kind of guy. ;) You are definitely in an excellent part of the country where you can  take full advantage of Skydio’s attributes. 

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

would need at least 3-batteries for any given session. 2 is barely enough but 3 would give a reasonable cushion to get the needed footage. Oh, and a few extra pair of prop's :facepalm:

Yes 3 batteries along with the dual charger, spare blades and the beacon makes for a perfect package to complement the drone. 

Have fun! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Creative Nomad said:

Hey guys, just want to share a video I put together. I'm still a newbie to the whole EUC world but in my time of riding I've noticed a few quirks that work against this niche within a niche. Would be great for you to have a look and let me know your thoughts

Love it! It's put together really well, with eye for detail, like the silhouette over the Inmotion logo when unpacking. Can't imagine how much work crept into this.
Not sure I could get myself to willingly throwing my wheel on the ground though, even for the sake of a great video, so respect for that as well. :D

As for the content, not sure where I stand on the issue. Learning Curve absolutely plays a part, yes. As for point 2, I think it might differ from place to place, but I don't think an Eco-friendly label would necessarily be associated with lesser quality here in Belgium. Unless you're talking about things like  cleaning products where people might assume it's less effective.  Rather, I believe the label would be seen as something more expensive and/or more exclusive. I've heard people say, I wish I could 'afford' to be more Eco-friendly. 

Branding something as 'more exclusive' in order to make it more mainstream probably works, as everybody wants to be exclusive. However in this case I think EUC's are already quite exclusive. They're not so cheap that everyone can buy them. (I spent more on my 2 EUC's than I've spent on my car, if I don't include insurance, maintenance and petrol) and they require a rather adventurous mindset. You've probably also noticed that people are either like: 'I'd love to try that!' or 'Never in a million years'.

So in this particular case, I think branding it as more exclusive would have the opposite effect.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tazarinho said:

Love it! It's put together really well, with eye for detail, like the silhouette over the Inmotion logo when unpacking. Can't imagine how much work crept into this.
Not sure I could get myself to willingly throwing my wheel on the ground though, even for the sake of a great video, so respect for that as well. :D

As for the content, not sure where I stand on the issue. Learning Curve absolutely plays a part, yes. As for point 2, I think it might differ from place to place, but I don't think an Eco-friendly label would necessarily be associated with lesser quality here in Belgium. Unless you're talking about things like  cleaning products where people might assume it's less effective.  Rather, I believe the label would be seen as something more expensive and/or more exclusive. I've heard people say, I wish I could 'afford' to be more Eco-friendly. 

Branding something as 'more exclusive' in order to make it more mainstream probably works, as everybody wants to be exclusive. However in this case I think EUC's are already quite exclusive. They're not so cheap that everyone can buy them. (I spent more on my 2 EUC's than I've spent on my car, if I don't include insurance, maintenance and petrol) and they require a rather adventurous mindset. You've probably also noticed that people are either like: 'I'd love to try that!' or 'Never in a million years'.

So in this particular case, I think branding it as more exclusive would have the opposite effect.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

🤣🤣 my wheel had experienced plenty of scuffs and bumps so I thought one more wouldn't hurt lol! The whole vid took a while to put together so I definitely appreciate all the positive feedback and compliments :)

That's a good point, I never thought about the Eco- friendly viewpoint from different cultures. It literally just clicked and makes sense as to why different countries are targeted with different Marketing campaigns even for the same product since there's no one size fits all.

In terms of cost, I think we'll have to agree to disagree lol. I really don't think that's what makes them exclusive because there are cheap EUCs available sub £400. Even if we're talking about the most expensive one's on the market we can see based on other products that cost is rarely a barrier to entry specifically when a product equates to status. Unfortunately, many in our society will get into debt just to be seen as having a product i.e. status. I've lost count of the amount of people who have to buy the latest Apple product, shoes, car.... or anything else fill in the blank! lol In hindsight I probably should have said 'luxury' as well rather than only mention 'exclusivity'.

Thanks for your thoughts though it's really good to hear because it challenges me to think about it from different perspectives.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wazi Bat said:

Hello everyone I'm still pretty new to riding, but wanted to post a video I worked up.  Any critique would be welcome. My wife recently had knee surgery. Many years of caving, climbing and skiing took a bite out of her. This is her first real bike ride post surgery. I took the wheel along to capture the moment. Hope you enjoy the views of Tahoe.

Terrific progress 7 weeks post op! Bike riding is a perfect knee rehabilitation activity. My wife is having spine surgery on the 19th. She loves riding her E bike so hopefully she’ll bounce back rapidly like Cyndie. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, buell47 said:

It's so incredible! My 5 year old daughter had only 4 X 5km riding experience on the EUC. Today we started the first bigger tour (24km) when right at the beginning a big bump came and she didn't hear my warning while she was singing a song. :shock2:

After a short shock we lay in the grass and laughed almost dead. :roflmao: :wub:

small heart attack

• Like 1