THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, pico said:

Let's all move to California with zillions Wh Wheels so that @Marty Backe  does not feel alone anymore on those potholes-free lanes! :roflmao:

Who said that Life was fair?

:laughbounce2:

Hey, they are some divots here and there that you have to look out for :P

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Those yellow transformers are for a much beefier DC-DC converter (power baby). The MSP control board is built to better supply the power for the torque-monster of a motor.

Grazie 🙏🏾😁

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great results 👍 another great video 

will you be selling your original 84v msx now?

I think this wheel would be better for me over my 84v as i live in hilly area plus I'm heavier so i could push it more 😁

Lol at the buzzing ,,self destruct 😂

I'm still loving the 16x for riding I've neglected the msx☹️ was going to buy the mten 3 but i might ask msx for msp now😁

On 2/22/2020 at 12:43 AM, pico said:

@Marty Backe You are now a chick magnet! Just imagine yourself doing tricks on this thing and your mojo will skyrocket! :roflmao:

@Marty Backe did you show this to your wife ;)?

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 2:48 AM, Marty Backe said:

I appreciate your interest in my mojo :D If only I had your skills, and were single :laughbounce2:

Being single is a easy fix. skills takes more practice...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EMA said:

awesome edit,  phone exported footage for the insta ?

Using the Insta360 One R with the ColorPlus option. I think it enhances the colors but it makes it look like the foreground image (rider) is almost VR or a game. So, I may try it without that next time. I used the Insta360 Studio desktop not phone to reframe and then edit those video in Adobe Premier with a final export to 1920x1080 HD.

I noticed that your videos, which look great by the way, are in 4k but that is actually upscaled as the One X footage doesn't really have that high of resolution, right?

22 minutes ago, ZenRyder said:

Using the Insta360 One R with the ColorPlus option. I think it enhances the colors but it makes it look like the foreground image (rider) is almost VR or a game. So, I may try it without that next time. I used the Insta360 Studio desktop not phone to reframe and then edit those video in Adobe Premier with a final export to 1920x1080 HD.

I noticed that your videos, which look great by the way, are in 4k but that is actually upscaled as the One X footage doesn't really have that high of resolution, right?

correct, whatever is the camera resolution 4k upscaling (possibly 60mbit file) before YT upload is mandatory to have a better final product ( because YT will less compress your file )

this time i exported in 4k right out 360studio, next time i'll export @1080p and upscale with premiere, just for reference

remember to use shutter on "fastest" when filming with light

Edited by EMA

24 minutes ago, EMA said:

correct, whatever is the camera resolution 4k upscaling (possibly 60mbit file) before YT upload is mandatory to have a better final product ( because YT will less compress your file )

Interesting. My earlier videos were done in higher quality and YouTube just crushed them with their compression (quality decreased). What I read was that if you limit it to 10 Mbps, then they won't re-compress it. The advantage there is that it takes a lot less time to export re-framed footage AND a lot less time to upload to YouTube. I will have to try and compare a side by side up-scaled version and then a regular 1080 to see if there is any improvement in quality. If there is not, then up-scaling to higher than HD is just a waste of time and bits.

2 hours ago, ZenRyder said:

Interesting. My earlier videos were done in higher quality and YouTube just crushed them with their compression (quality decreased). What I read was that if you limit it to 10 Mbps, then they won't re-compress it. The advantage there is that it takes a lot less time to export re-framed footage AND a lot less time to upload to YouTube. I will have to try and compare a side by side up-scaled version and then a regular 1080 to see if there is any improvement in quality. If there is not, then up-scaling to higher than HD is just a waste of time and bits.

You get best results with YouTube by applying the correct compression, not by playing with the quality. Use two-pass variable bit rate compression. This results in higher compression for the elements of each frame that don't move a lot and lower compression for what does (trees, etc.). Upscaling, etc. is a waste of time, IMHO.

• Like 1