THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 hours ago, Coffee guy said:

I noticed the MSX is missing from the comparisons.  It would be nice to see where it places.

I believe the MSX and the Tesla use the exact same headlight, so the only difference would be that the MSX light is a tad higher off the ground (not really a noticable difference).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Awesome comparisons Marty! Extremely educational!  That video took some time. You need to include the names of your sextuplet siblings in the credits. ;)

• Like 3

I'll be the odd rider out, and say that I value being able to shine my fancy led flashlight where I need it.  On-coming bicycles with fixed position 30 million lumen lights basically make me stop, because I can't see anything until they pass.  When there is oncoming people, I lower the flashlight beam and a bit off to the side.  I have had people say thanks as they pass.

Edited by xorbe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xorbe said:

I'll be the odd rider out, and say that I value being able to shine my fancy led flashlight where I need it.  On-coming bicycles with fixed position 30 million lumen lights basically make me stop, because I can't see anything until they pass.  When there is oncoming people, I lower the flashlight beam and a bit off to the side.  I have had people say thanks as they pass.

You can always turn the light off. Where I ride, sometimes there aren't people for miles.

I'd rather have a wheel with a super-bright light that I can turn on or off and still carry my personal flashlight.

5 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I believe the MSX and the Tesla use the exact same headlight, so the only difference would be that the MSX light is a tad higher off the ground (not really a noticable difference).

Yes, quite a few Gotway wheels share the Tesla light, and that's why I only used it. My MSX was in the Paint Shop at the time and out of commission :)

9 hours ago, Coffee guy said:

I noticed the MSX is missing from the comparisons.  It would be nice to see where it places.

See what @Nick McCutcheon said

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Great test, but is it possible that on the 16X you only turned on low beam and not high beam or low+high beam?

Were all wheels aligned to 0 degrees? A slight inclination causes big differences. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Great test, but is it possible that on the 16X you only turned on low beam and not high beam or low+high beam?

Were all wheels aligned to 0 degrees? A slight inclination causes big differences. 

Whoa. That's a bit too scientific for me. And time consuming :)  I'm afraid this is as good as it gets from this EUC rider.

And the answer is No to all your questions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

WOW! Just...wow! I think you're onto something...This is a production that demands to be upscaled! (Please don't tell your wife I said that :whistling: ).

I can easily envision a larger stage, multiple riders swirling around the laser patterns in Tron-like LED costumes while the conductor produces a crescendo of music and flames...the next closing ceremony of the LA EUC games, perhaps? (For starters, at least. I think the Cirque du Soleil's days are numbered...) ;)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, travsformation said:

WOW! Just...wow! I think you're onto something...This is a production that demands to be upscaled! (Please don't tell your wife I said that :whistling: ).

My wife has yet to see the video so my lips are sealed.;)

17 minutes ago, travsformation said:

I can easily envision a larger stage, multiple riders swirling around the laser patterns in Tron-like LED costumes while the conductor produces a crescendo of music and flames...the next closing ceremony of the LA EUC games, perhaps? (For starters, at least. I think the Cirque du Soleil's days are numbered...) ;)

If anyone could pull off such a production it would be @Hirsute. With his stage presence and riding talents combined with all of the students he’s taught over the years he could easily do it. He just needs investors. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

My wife has yet to see the video so my lips are sealed.;)

If anyone could pull off such a production it would be @Hirsute. With his stage presence and riding talents combined with all of the students he’s taught over the years he could easily do it. He just needs investors. 

And a synthabeam, lasers, fire and someone nuts motivated enough to control them from an mten3... ;)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, travsformation said:

And a synthabeam, lasers, fire and someone nuts motivated enough to control them from an mten3... ;)

Love the diplomacy. :) My wife has stated that numerous times. Now that both my wife and the weather are improving it’s time to get out of the pole barn and return to traditional riding. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Love the diplomacy. :) My wife has stated that numerous times. Now that both my wife and the weather are improving it’s time to get out of the pole barn and return to traditional riding. 

What great news! So glad to hear about your wife's improvement! And the upcoming good weather! Will be looking forward to seeing more pictures of you outdoors, posing on benches à la Marty! ;)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1