THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 3/9/2020 at 7:49 AM, Gwila said:

a few short clips I took from the recent Melbourne EUC ride. 
First try at a video, so it’s pretty bad...

Nice :cheers:

Funny, after watching a little bit I knew exactly what wheel you were riding just by the sound of its motor. I looked at your profile and sure enough, you were on the 18L. That whistling sound is very distinctive :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice :cheers:

Funny, after watching a little bit I knew exactly what wheel you were riding just by the sound of its motor. I looked at your profile and sure enough, you were on the 18L. That whistling sound is very distinctive :)

Haha, it’s heaps better since upgrading the firmware to 2.0! 

Since getting the EXO Helmet I can hear a lot more of the sounds it makes, all I used to hear was wind noise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gwila said:

Haha, it’s heaps better since upgrading the firmware to 2.0! 

Since getting the EXO Helmet I can hear a lot more of the sounds it makes, all I used to hear was wind noise. 

When I upgraded my XL to 2.0, I think mine got better but didn't go away like some people said theirs did.

And a little but of fun with sounds... :P 

If you can't see the videos cause of the way the forum script posts them as attached and embed, then right click and open in new tab, like in the picture

531225323_Screenshot2020-03-12at21_09_17.png.af9df263445badeeba9fcd082c532462.png

With music :D 

and some without, specially in the end ahahahha a a a ahaHAHAHAHAAH :D:P :w00t2::pooping:

hope you like it!

(bad quality cause i compressed them)

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Petra always looks so fly in her get up with her long ponytails; I get such strong Bond girl or villainess vibes.

hmmm....Some good scientific data gathered in this one, but I'll stick with my discreet *AWOOOoogA* horn.
414ImCsUnnL__33616.1491647573.jpg?c=2&im

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Petra and I went for a cruise to Stockholm City yesterday to buy some Rockbros bike horns.
Fun times.
Although they don't really work as intended because people are mostly tuned to the bicycle bell sound.
This was in the city though and people tend to have their heads up their asses most of the time.

I also bought an alarm with a movement sensor which I will demo in a future clip.

I have been doing a lot of riding on the 16X lately so the first turns on the MSX were a struggle. Felt like the wheel was just gonna flop over.
After some riding it felt great though.

Great production here! Thank you so much for the efforts. I really like the music and the rider flow. Wanted to see more victims of the bell tho.. Good stuff!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tenofnine said:

Petra always looks so fly in her get up with her long ponytails; I get such strong Bond girl or villainess vibes.

hmmm....Some good scientific data gathered in this one, but I'll stick with my discreet *AWOOOoogA* horn.

Yeah it took her ages to find a proper winter riding suit but now she is finally happy. Except it was a tiny bit small so she ordered an extra one a size up.
Definitely Bond girl I would say. Wait until the summer. :whistling:

• Like 2

On 3/13/2020 at 12:58 AM, Rehab1 said:

Great video! I do like the free wheeling attitude without all of the protective gear but Murphy's Law already bit me once so I’ll just watch. :cheers:

Thanks!

I know what you mean. Hope you didn't cringe too much!
Some clips on YouTube really get to me.. lately it's been the one with people riding on sidewalks dodging pedestrians.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Short vid of me tackling a hill at 13 degrees. Of course my first week and attempt, I assumed the wheel didnt have enough juice. Now i realize that almost everything i think it can't do, boils down to rider ability. Im pretty sure that even AFTER I find the wheel's limits, it will be acceptable for many, many, many trips within them. Original music, flapping arms, poor posture, its got some goodies!  Ooops, 60fps, wasted some valuable bandwidth for nothing, apologies.

You should try that incline on the Mten3....heck even an incline twice as steep. That little thing is so torquey that it feels like you are on a conveyor belt with endless power, no struggles.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Thanks!

I know what you mean. Hope you didn't cringe too much!
Some clips on YouTube really get to me.. lately it's been the one with people riding on sidewalks dodging pedestrians.

Ive even seen some of people running crosswalk lights and going the wrong way in traffic! :P

Edited by ShanesPlanet

On 3/13/2020 at 3:07 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

Short vid of me tackling a hill at 13 degrees. Of course my first week and attempt, I assumed the wheel didnt have enough juice. Now i realize that almost everything i think it can't do, boils down to rider ability. Im pretty sure that even AFTER I find the wheel's limits, it will be acceptable for many, many, many trips within them. Original music, flapping arms, poor posture, its got some goodies!  Ooops, 60fps, wasted some valuable bandwidth for nothing, apologies.

Shane, please gear up.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fryman said:

Shane, please gear up.

ugh, does anyone REALLY think that telling a 40yr+ old man to wear gear is going to do anything but build resentment? I appreciate the concern, but holy crap Its like a broken record around here.  I have TONS of gear protection here for when i CHOOSE to wear it. Hearing people keep harping on the obvious is doing the exact opposite of making me choose to wear it. Again, thanks for your concern, but how about just waiting for a serious injury and giving me a smug 'i told you so' instead? Fwiw, Im also aware that smoking will kill me.  How's those motorcycle laws in Kansas? I remember not having to wear a helmet on my very first street motorcycle (600 gsx) out there. Take care!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

ugh, does anyone REALLY think that telling a 40yr+ old man to wear gear is going to do anything but build resentment? I appreciate the concern, but holy crap Its like a broken record around here.  I have TONS of gear protection here for when i CHOOSE to wear it. Hearing people keep harping on the obvious is doing the exact opposite of making me choose to wear it. Again, thanks for your concern, but how about just waiting for a serious injury and giving me a smug 'i told you so' instead? Fwiw, Im also aware that smoking will kill me.  How's those motorcycle laws in Kansas? I remember not having to wear a helmet on my very first street motorcycle (600 gsx) out there. Take care!

Ask yourself how old you were when you started doing the opposite of what people told you to do. I'm not trying to be nasty, but I suspect you'll find this is a pattern that started when you were quite young (we all have things like this, by the way, so don't take it personally). What's really powerful for us to do as adults is look at why we react in the way we do. Particularly in situations where it causes us to take actions against our own self interest.

Theories for cognitive development don't show us erasing the younger stages. We add layers of mental capacity on top of the previous ones. This means that many of our younger age behaviors persist in to adulthood. You may be a 40+ year old man, but you're reacting and speaking from the perspective of a much younger you. "I'm going to do the opposite of what you tell me to do" is a not the response of an empowered adult. It's a self dis-empowering response.

You can chose to react badly to what I'm saying. That's fine. Or you could use your considerable cognitive powers (System 2 - deliberative thinking) to over-ride your reflex reaction (System 1 - reflexive thinking).

2 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Wow..Lol. Don’t get me started on smoking. This is, the video thread so if you would like to hear about my personal experience PM me sometime. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

does anyone REALLY think that telling a 40yr+ old man to wear gear is going to do anything

1 hour ago, fryman said:

Don’t get me started on smoking.

Shane you look happy doing your thing. :cheers: (Did you pick up your boxes?) ;)

49659165558_748afa7b4d_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1