THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

Am i the rare person that really likes washed out colors and less granular film? I think the newer stuff looks awesome, but I still prefer the older. I think my brain is burned out and that much color is too exciting. My eyes see colors more muted in reality. I also get headaches from watching 3d movies, but man are those cool!  I know its mostly preference, just trying to figure what the broader audience prefers nowadays? I typically lean towards film quality that's more prevalent on late 90's reruns and such. I guess my FIRST clue should be that NOTHING looks like that on television nowadays.

A video of my smart watch. Its euc related, and not hardly worthy of mention...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 12:07 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

You take some GREAT footage, but theres something about the coloring that makes it difficult for me to watch. probably just me, but something is really messing with my head in ALL of this series. Yours are the only ones that do this to me, probably a personal problem of my own.

Thanks for your input.

16 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

@n2eus

Fiddling with DaVinci Resolve 

BEFORE:

Clipboard02-euc.jpg

AFTER: (decreased saturation plus color wheel changes esp. Gamma)

Clipboard03-euc.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to show me your adjustments.  I can see now, how my high gamma and saturation can be a little annoying.  I'm hoping episode 8 will be more pleasing to the eye.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, n2eus said:

This is the tenth episode of our 77 mile EUC ride through beach and inland cities.

Great video man! Thank you for sharing!

For the next trip and videos, keep the videos in 10' minute packs for that youtube algorithm.! ;) 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, n2eus said:

This is the tenth episode of our 77 mile EUC ride through beach and inland cities.

Nice! What awesome places you have to ride! Empty pathway, by the canal... :w00t2:

I really like your music choices too! Different tone for every episode, and always suits the pace and scenery! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting these, they're helping keep me sane throughout the lockdown (today is day 18 here). Your videos have gone from being a commodity to an essential public service as far as I'm concerned! :D

• Like 1

As there was not yet any vidéo on Paris in quarantine, I filmed it yesterday with my cheap action cam while going to work on my KS16X.

Here is the result (to be more stabilized I know, if the post office works correctly, i should have better equipment in a few weeks...):

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks, I enjoyed this. I almost dozed off watching this and dreaming about future when the 🦠 is gone and I’ll be on my holiday doing long distance  riding on my new V11 through Northern Europe. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You're on the wrong vehicle! That looks like a skateboard hill if I ever saw one. Thanks for the share!

The problem with a skateboard is, how do you get it up 4000-ft into the mountains (what I did with the 16X before descending)???

B)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, seage said:

Thanks to the power of all the older folks on the forums (dads 59, lol) , but especially @winterwheel my dad finally took his first ride yesterday and started free mounting in 15 minutes.... The man was like "I want to learn to mount without the wall" then he did it and rode across the school lot we were practicing in. This was the end of the session. He was tired and we were heading home, so he decided he'd ride back. Hes like my brother, nooothing like me, haha. But you can probably tell i was proud and overly excited just to see it. He had one low speed fall trying to hold onto the wheel instead of bailing, but you know I forced him to have wristguards on, so he slid, no damage, no injury. Hopped back up and got back on! 

This is awesome, haha. 

Most awesome thing ive seen all week! He's a FAST learner! Now it gets scary as he realizes faster is easier...  Great share, thanks!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, bigwave said:

I thought I would add a short clip featuring my wife learning to ride the Mten3 today. She's been riding for a couple hours in total. Today she improved dramatically on her starts ,control and turns. The dismount technique needs a little more work......lol:facepalm: 

Fantastic. You guys are going to be riding together before you know it.

That dismount was perfect :laughbounce2:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Most awesome thing ive seen all week! He's a FAST learner! Now it gets scary as he realizes faster is easier...  Great share, thanks!

Haha, thank you! Hes too fast. And yepp. I have extras of everything, so i'll get him in some good kneepads and my bell super before he tries to get all zippy. Im happy I invested so much in gear now that I can share it with him! Hes already a seasoned cyclist, and ive never been able to get too far away from him on our rides, so hes accustomed to the speed. He just needs to learn how to deal with different terrain as we know the wheel handles differently than a bike. Its gonna be fun!