THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

11 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

I need to sort out getting rid of that awful wind noise, and also how to upload at higher than 1080p? Despite recording the footage at 4K, it doesn't look that great and only shows as 1080p on YouTube

If you film in 4k or 5.7k when you edit it it only comes out at 1080p , the video quality looks fine tbh👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stephen said:

If you film in 4k or 5.7k when you edit it it only comes out at 1080p , the video quality looks fine tbh👍

Cheers Stephen. I hadn't realised that the 5.7k referred to the total resolution of both sensors. It makes sense now though! Now I just need to figure out how to make night footage look good :) 

WHEELERS EXPRESS #2 BAMBI, CITADEL AND CAVE!

(Subtitle in English)

Second stage of the Alsace Wheelers road trip!

Over a distance of 80km, the merry men and their gyroroues will follow the Eurobike 6 to the small village of Oselle. They will have the pleasure and the honour of finding on their roads other wheelers in love with electric glides: Marko wheel in electric monoroue and Frank Mea in electric scooter.

From the Museum of Memory and Peace in Clerval, via Besançon and its citadel, a 6-hour ride awaits our heroes as far as the caves of Osselle. 

We warmly salute Marko wheel and Franck Mea for sharing a moment of conviviality over breakfast in a place as unlikely as the "Bambi" establishment in Baumes les dames.

We would like to thank Manu, the eminent wheeler from Alsace who honoured us with his presence in the evening at the Osselle campsite to share a friendly wheeler drink.

Edited by Yannick Dlsr
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2020 at 4:38 AM, Retrovertigo said:

My very first video with the Insta 360 One X. I am still getting used to the editing software and also riding while holding a selfie stick, so be gentle with me :P 

I need to sort out getting rid of that awful wind noise, and also how to upload at higher than 1080p? Despite recording the footage at 4K, it doesn't look that great and only shows as 1080p on YouTube.

I showed it to my daughter and because she couldn't see the selfie stick, she asked me who the brave person was riding backwards filming me :lol:

it's not bad, but if you want the best from from YT you need to upload a 4k video

just edit from pc and export in 4k 40mbit at least and you'll see the difference :)

example: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EMA said:

it's not bad, but if you want the best from from YT you need to upload a 4k video

just edit from pc and export in 4k 40mbit at least and you'll see the difference :)

Unfortunately my laptop won't run the Insta360 Studio software. It only has 8gb ram (non-upgradeable) and an i5 cpu and the Insta studio software just locks up on me, so I'm stuck editing on my iPad :( 

Here's some footage of going around Miramar Lake during my lunch. Sped up the video to keep it short.

Should there be a forum dedicated to Videos since there are almost 600 posts on this thread? Why not just start another? Oh, because there are over 300 following this thread and new posts don't get the views, right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hey, that's practically around the corner from here. Does he have an itinerary or schedule of when he will be where? It would be great to meet up for a ride if/when he makes it to New Zealand...

Don’t know, maybe you can send him a comment on YouTube. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seage said:

First person view video from my ride in Toronto on my KS 18XL with firmware 2.0. I've gotten used to the waves, lmao. You can see I can ride over road imperfections and streetcar tracks much faster than I ever could before. Just felt more stable. And breaking is noticably better. I had one scare, right at the beginning of the video, where dude pops out, haha. Welcome to downtown Toronto.

Man, real life traffic and hazards. I felt like I was riding it too ... Nice one.

PS: you seem to wiggle back and forth, while I wiggle sideways :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meulebeest said:

Man, real life traffic and hazards. I felt like I was riding it too ... Nice one.

PS: you seem to wiggle back and forth, while I wiggle sideways :rolleyes:

Thanks! Yeah, haha. Gotta be fully aware. I was woken up immediately by that pedestrian, lmao. 

And i do a mix of both. Side to side carving, but the camera smoothens it all out. And back and forth when the ground gets bad. I kinda sit in a squat and put my hands out. And if its a few bumps, im like, jumping over them so im swinging my arms, haha. Im pretty active with my hands when I ride faster. 

1 hour ago, Old Glider said:

@seageThats a real Stealth, lane-splitting Super-cruiser you have there now! No whine!

I’m nervous in my car in that area, you musta grown up there to be that comfortable, lol. Enjoy

I grew up on the edge of Brampton and Caledon. So kinda the suburbs, but closer to the countryside. The ppl behind me had a chicken coup, and there were cows down the road, haha. I used to be scared to go to Toronto because it was so different from my norm, and seemingly more dangerous. I'd never go down there on my own. These days I don't worry as much because I always have my wheel with me. I can zoom out of sketchy areas quickly. I REFUSE to drive a car in Toronto. Its terrifying. Plus, its faster on the wheel, haha! But no, I just did a lot of studying and practice, and treat riding like chess. Trust no one, anticipate ahead and assume everyone could make a huuuge mistake and murder your entire being with their death machine. Then I just trust myself and go for it. Im not the best rider, but I am very cautious. 

1 hour ago, Retrovertigo said:

@seageLove the video. I was born in the wrong country …. I should have been born in the U.S or Canada. That is a lovely city to ride around in, up there with New York when it comes to interesting places to see :) 

Thanks mate! I was born in the same country you were, but moved as a child, haha. But yeah, my actual village is a lot slower paces. Not much to see or do and I can ride end to end in 10 minutes, haha. But Toronto riding is just my favorite thing. Its so beautiful. And cruising on the streets in the core is my favorite part, even though it is dangerous. I need to visit New York at some point, but I probably need to train riding through potholes more. Although cars are slower moving in NY from what I've heard. Come visit Toronto some time. We'll give you a tour!  

• Like 1