THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

Thanks!  :wub:

The idea was to avoid monotony and keep things interesting, and I think stressing the landscape and keeping the video short really help with that. I'm glad to hear the idea is working as intended! :D

Although I have to admit, I got ridiculously lucky: we had a massive thunderstorm the day before so large extensions of the beach were flooded, and that "golden hour" lighting really brought out the beauty of the scene. I was worried that riding with the camera behind me might create glare and reflection issues (there are a few stitching artifacts caused by the top lens being in direct sunlight and the bottom one being in the shade), but it really payed off. Not only did it capture that gorgeous lighting but seems to create a sense of anticipation, a feeling of riding towards something. Beginner's luck? :whistling:

This was my first contact with the 360 so there's tons of room for improvement. I'm looking forward to playing around with different shots & angles, and getting more creative with different panning and crane-like shots (the addition of a drone would be nice too), but I doubt all the creative shooting techniques in the world can make up for the lucky combination of serendipity and sunsets... :efee612b4b:

Then again, maybe I'm setting the bar too high for myself and all I have to do to keep folks engaged is continue teasing with the (inevitable) faceplant... :efee612b4b:

I guess that is why I am not that good at photography. I did not know that I needed to pay attention to so many things. Spain seems to have a unique beauty. I am looking forward to future videos. :thumbup: 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 6:06 PM, Hansolo said:

The last hike of 2019
FR and EN subtitles available

Can't wait for spring to come. Oh I miss such long rides! Fortunately, now every day will be longer than the previous one :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Trying my new drone

Very nice Marty! If anyone needed a drone to capture the stunning scenery throughout your rides it would be you. 

So what drone did you purchase?

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Wow, you've really laid back and let your hair grow since you retired! 😂

Retrieving my reading glasses. B) And here I thought Marty was just wearing his traditional Saudi neck garb with a touch of flowing blonde hair.:o He must be piloting. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

WHEELERS EXPRESS IN SEARCH OF SALT - TRAILER!

WHEELERS EXPRESS A LA RECHERCHE DU SEL - TRAILER

Le roadtrip des Wheelers d'Alsace

Here is the trailer of our offbeat road trip, with the tone of humour and parody of the famous PEKIN EXPRESS show.

We hope with all our heart that this video and the series WHEELERS EXPRESS A LA RECHERCHE DU SEL that will follow will allow you to live a little of what our human adventure in the joys of electric snow sports was like. The opportunity to discover Alsace, Franche Comté, Burgundy, the Centre and the Pays de la Loire.

Hoplà Geiss & Roule ma Poule !

→ FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/groups/weelersdalsace/

→ WEBSITE : 
https://leswheelersdalsace.fr/

Edited by Yannick Dlsr
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Very nice Marty! If anyone needed a drone to capture the stunning scenery throughout your rides it would be you. 

So what drone did you purchase?

Actually the drone comment was a fib - I shot it using my Insta 360 X but was trying to make it look like a drone 

4 hours ago, travsformation said:

Wow, you've really laid back and let your hair grow since you retired! 😂

Nice shot! What drone did you go for? That's going to be a great addition to your photography arsenal! Looking forward to seeing more footage! :)

:D

Just joking about the drone. I thought with this sequence I captured the "drone look".

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Retrieving my reading glasses. B) And here I thought Marty was just wearing his traditional Saudi neck garb with a touch of flowing blonde hair.:o He must be piloting. 

Very funny :laughbounce2:

I was hosting a ride for Daniel Eremin who was visiting from New York City. Apparently he doesn't like to cut his hair at the moment :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nic said:

I think this is the same KingSong guy we've been seeing, but man, he's getting better! That move at 1:45 was fantastic :thumbup:

30 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I now feel like a neophyte! :crying:

I hate to break it to you Dan, but you are a neophyte :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UniVehje said:

I finally had time to edit, so I put together my best clips of 2019 into one video. Featuring other Finnish riders. Enjoy

Nice! What was the base model for the 'wooden' DIY EUC? :)