New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

any ideas why V10 is so relatively heavy? I mean, all other wheels with comparable specs (e.g. tesla, gt16) weigh 1-3 kg less, while InMotion claims to use lighter alloys... my guess would be that the motor is factually more powerful (more windings?) or robust than the other 2000W rated motors?

• Like 1

batteries cooler also add significant weight, dual CPU maybe is imperceptible but, who knows? and surely the most of the extra weight comes from the shell design, due his wider surface and the high resistance standards

15 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Speedyfeet prices (including all taxes):
V10: 1400 GBP = 1620€
V10F: 1700 GBP = 1960€

Funnily enough, even the French are cheaper (1500€/1800€).

U.S. prices (excluding non-existent taxes):
V10: 1300 US$ = 1050€
V10F: 1600 US$ = 1300€

Difference:
V10: +55%
V10F: +50%

:furious::furious::furious:

Hello @meepmeepmayer

Sorry, but you are wrong .   

We have 200 € promotion for V10 / V10F. 

So V10 is 1290 € V10F 1590 €  VAT and shipping included for Germany .

Thanks 

• Upvote 2

This wheel is very interesting to me and want as safe as can get, at least until the day we start to see real redundant systems (if ever?) so for now stability and rumor as safe'ish manufacturer is good for me. While starting to train again and loosing the extra weight added after fracture, I will never be a small, lightweight man but want a powerful, light, responsive, safe but also compact 16" so asking too much.. 

Cannot wait for a technological breakthrough in regards to batteries/energy storage, perhaps a bit of a nerd myself but I kind of like the Z look a bit more but looks certainly is not everything or even close to absolute top of my wish list.

• Upvote 2

@Jason McNeil Any plans for a V10F+ with 1020Wh/1036Wh (3500mAh cells), maybe when/if the battery prices calm down a bit? Kind of a low hanging fruit. Though maybe the difference to the V10F isn't worth it? Asking since you have a proven track record of getting Inmotion to release + models:efee8319ab:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tomek said:

any ideas why V10 is so relatively heavy? I mean, all other wheels with comparable specs (e.g. tesla, gt16) weigh 1-3 kg less, while InMotion claims to use lighter alloys... my guess would be that the motor is factually more powerful (more windings?) or robust than the other 2000W rated motors?

Motor is wider in proportion to tire width. This way, wider magnets and coil is used to increase wattage and torque. But these metals are heavy.

• Upvote 1

I had replies from Project42 and Personal Electric Transport; they both said they plan to offer the wheel soon, but PET gave some more detail: pre-orders in May at £1395 for a June delivery. The model mentioned was the V10F but I wonder if he meant the V10. 

1 hour ago, trya said:

Inmotion V10F disassembly and internals (pre-production model) - from @EcoDrift

https://ecodrift.ru/wiki/monokolesa/predseriynyy_inmotion_v10f_ne_kataemsya_a_izuchaem_ustroystvo/

Great set of pictures. Among other things I learned that it has a fuse just like the KingSong wheels. 30-amp (KS uses a 40-amp). And it's just as inaccessible as the older KS wheels too :(.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2018 at 9:27 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Yeah that's what I was getting at when I asked Bob that question, but I got no answers.  :cry2:  Like maybe keep the over the top battery arrangement, but add some side packs as well maybe one layer thick so it helps keep the wheel slim.

With the handle, maybe have it lock to the shell at the back and incorporate a narrow spot for the carry handle.  Don't have the lock release at the front but have it at the back where the light is.  They could even make the end of the handle open like how it is on the end of a shovel so the brake light can be seen through it.

Because InMotion cares lot of the looking of the wheel, so we have to compromise on lots of other things.  But what you said makes sense!

• Like 2