New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

2 hours ago, Atlass said:

Hey, folks,

I've been searching for a bit on the case but I cannot find a good in-depth comparison of these wheels if one exists:

Inmotion V10F vs Kingsong KS 18L vs Ninebot One Z10

Could you please share a link to such comparison

Greatly appreciate

Since nobody owns these wheels yet it's going to be difficult to find what you are looking for.

• Upvote 2

Does he have a final production model? The pedal height looks barely different from the V8. Very early in the video, when he goes up the pedestrian incline, the front of the pedals is close to the ground already. Together with the bigger pedals, it does not look like it allows more maneuvering than the V8.

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Does he have a final production model? The pedal height looks barely different from the V8. Very early in the video, when he goes up the pedestrian incline, the front of the pedals is close to the ground already. Together with the bigger pedals, it does not look like it allows more maneuvering than the V8.

This was filmed pre-release, so pre-production.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, US69 said:

i have seen a LOT of reviews now, mostly chinese :-) with V8 comparison.

The pedal height is freaking fantastic! Seams nearly on axle height :-) it really, really Looks/is much higher than on any other wheel i know 

i mean ...even on the thumbnail of ecodrift review you see a real difference :-)

the pedal height that scared me before i learned how to ride a little, now is one of the main reasons i’m getting this wheel. not that i’m doing any maneuvers to scrape the pedals other than falling off. i’m excited because this pedal height along with the bigger tire and more grunt, should feel totally different to my other wheels.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

I've asked the engineers about this, and they told me that it's kinda of redundant mechanism, not for the whole system but only the core chip part. Because they've improved the internal info communication speed dramatically for V10 so it's possible to perform something like:  One core shut down unexpectedly while riding,  and the other core will be able to take over the task and restart the other core immediately before the wheel falling down of causing any damage. 

I'm not sure how well it plays in real world, but theoretically they were pretty confident with that. 

Cool, thanks. I wonder what prompted them to choose redundancy for this specific component, let's hope it's based on on failure logs analysis of sudden shutdown.

Also, I don't see the classical trap at the bottom of the shell to inflate the tire, so wondering how do we access the valve on v10?

45 minutes ago, em1barns said:

...Also, I don't see the classical trap at the bottom of the shell to inflate the tire, so wondering how do we access the valve on v10?

Looks like the body of the EUC is mounted higher and therefore the valve access is easier on V10 even without the flap

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, novazeus said:

the pedal height that scared me before i learned how to ride a little, now is one of the main reasons i’m getting this wheel. not that i’m doing any maneuvers to scrape the pedals other than falling off. i’m excited because this pedal height along with the bigger tire and more grunt, should feel totally different to my other wheels.

Admit it... You just want the extra height to keep your boots clear of the cow pats...

@Bobwheel One more question: it seems the pre-production wheels we've seen don't have the same tire tread design as the one in the promotional images/renders. Which version will be on the final wheel? Is there a reason they're different?

Personally, I'm hoping for the promo version, it looks wicked!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think we may need to have a frank talk and have a "WA" (Wheels Anonymous) meeting for Marty and probably HOJ.  :efee8319ab:  You guys are so crazy and making the rest of us envious.  :efef895ddd:

Oh well, the rest of us wheel peasants can bask in your glory and live vicariously as you careen around those mountain trails and NYC streets.  :thumbup:

Hey, I'm only getting to ride it for a few days. There are a bunch of people who will own one in a few weeks. Then I can be envious.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think we may need to have a frank talk and have a "WA" (Wheels Anonymous) meeting for Marty and probably HOJ.  :efee8319ab:  You guys are so crazy and making the rest of us envious.  :efef895ddd:

Oh well, the rest of us wheel peasants can bask in your glory and live vicariously as you careen around those mountain trails and NYC streets.  :thumbup:

Yeah, last week I accepted that I'm more of an EUC fan than I am a participant.

I've got an MCM3 with 10 mile range, and this is my weekend weather forecast:

gfhdfthdt.PNG

• Like 2